• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bobby Hill anyone hear from him?????

Steven.

RE: Bobby hill, anyone here from him?

BatGirl1 said:
james.w said:
Last year was somewhat a fluke with what happened with the animals. The way he handled it, is a different story.

I agree totally...from what I read online and videos of him with tegus and also people pleased with Varnyard tegus I was convinced he was reputable...now,all of a sudden,(after paying in full and then joining tegu talk...) i find myself 150 poorer and no communication with the guy who took my money and promised me a tegu...don't feel stupid cuz there are probably hundreds of us...it's called trusting you'll get what you paid for. He has taken advantage of this trust.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

This is exactly what he's doing. He got the rep now, so he knows everyone reguardless of how many people get robbed, is gonna buy from him. Because of all the videos and happy customers he's had in the past, everyone sees that his animals are top quality, but no mentions his customer service..lol.. Its a simple concept, get millions of customers then as the years go on rob couple as more come in.. If you guys wanna speak your opinion, put a word in on every video and thread on the web and let the new comers know that this guy is a threat to their money and their future tegu purchase. This is only one thread. There are thousands of videos and reviews on varnyard tegus that people watch when they wanna know a little bit more info on him as a breeder. I know thats what made me buy from him awhile back.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Re: Bobby hill, anyone here from him?

I know that many more people read news and watch tv than internet alone.if things don't straighten out maybe his local news/radio/tv stations should know about what's been going on...then he could either get a chance to redeem himself or...if he refuses...it would at least bring the plight of the unhappy customers into the public view...

kim86

bobbyhill.jpg

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club

That Bobby I like though...haha.he seems more of a fairpoint business man as well... :p

Fair...not fairpoint. Omg stupid smartphones haha

LizardzRock

Diablo said:
LizardzRock said:
I finally got my money back from my bank and paypal. I got the paypal money w/o any issues ($75) and the other $75 I had to pay $25 of it to my bank for a processing fee, but I got and it is not in his lil grimey pockets anymore. Bobby Hill is a scamming piece of trash in my mind.

Everytime I call up paypal they tell me they can't do anything for me. Was your last deposit within the 45 days? My bank also said I was screwed, how in the world did you get them to do it?

With Paypal I just asked to speak with their Fraud Dept. and made a claim against Two Teals b/c my second deposit was made within the 45 day mark. It took 7 days to process via Paypal. Now with my bank(Regions Bank) I went in person and filled out a form to reverse the transaction and it cost me 25 bucks... so all in all I lost 25 out of 150 and gained some knowledge about internet fraud and the POS's behind it like bobby hill behind it. Some banks might not offer this. They stated that they do not publicly say they do this, and directed me to a manager who conducted it and I signed it. Over all a pain, but i just wanted to make sure that dude aka bobby hill was not gonna have a cent of mine.

extract from paypal support email: ([email protected] <[email protected]>;)

Seller's Name: bobby hill
Seller's Email: [email protected]
Seller's Transaction ID: 114549908L286750L

Transaction Date: Aug 4, 2012
Transaction Amount: -$75.00 USD

For my bank I just had a deposit made 10 days after filing the paperwork with them.

Bottom line if it has been over 45 days after a payment then paypal cannot do anything due to policy. Bobby Hill is protected by this policy due to the nature of his business and the time it takes to produce his "goods" (tegus). So the lesson(s) I learned, is you cannot always rely on what ppl say/review about internet based businesses, next time get something is writing, i.e. contract of sale, etc, and look into the payment methods they want you to use so that if anything goes wrong you have options and ways to deal with it.

DoctorPepper4

5 Year Member

well after i posted that video of mr.hill being truth-o-fobic and trying to be like Mr.Walt Disney and sell me children story's...lololol....he didnt want to ship my black and white male tegu i reported him to pay-pal and my bank and i got a full refund back...my full 150.00 dont know how my bank did it but they got my money back for me....and my son couldn't be happier.....and all i can say is SHAME ON YOU MR.HILLS FOR STEALING MONEY FROM TEN YEAR OLD KIDS.....OOOOHHH AND YOU SAID I'LL NEVER GET MY MONEY BACK HAHAHAHAHA I TOLD YOU I WOULD.....

apocalypse910

This whole thing is really sad. When I decided to get my tegu I researched for ages and bobby hill had an amazing reputation. I put down a deposit shortly before the initial craziness with the reds. I was nervous for a while but I got my extreme early in the season before this years problems started.

In my mind you don't build a rep like that and then wake up one day - say screw it - and start scamming people instead. My guess is that he had two very bad seasons, couldn't afford to payout the deposits, and decided his best bet was to try and hold people off and get more deposits to stay above water. Again I suppose that means very little if he owes you a tegu, and I'd like to think I'd handle things better in the same situation, but I get the sense that this is a matter of being in over his head rather than malice.

I did think people were being alarmist in thinking he wouldn't come through this year - and unfortunately I couldn't have been more wrong. I can't in good faith defend him anymore - but I'm still hoping that there is a good explanation for all this.

the_cw

I'm sure he has so many good reasons. Fact is, though, that they don't much matter anymore. People should not buy from him anymore after this. He is running a scam at this point. People are missing their animals and, in my case, there's no refund(and Paypal is doing nothing). He is a thief.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

C&P'd from the other site so there is no confusion.

Couldn't agree with that more, it's a messed up situation, things will eventually pass and hopefully everyone gets what they deserve. But the threads are a train wreck I'm so tired of seeing,.. smh,... but can't turn my eyes away from it. I don't know when, more and more people stopped taking responsibility for their own actions. Whether they did their research before making the deposits or not, they are still responsible to a degree for the predicament they're in now. After seeing other peoples scars you don't (shouldn't) play with fire and then get mad when you get burned.

On top of that you're dealing with a whole lot of melodramatic people that either don't know how or just refuse to stick to the facts. Stop over exaggerating the situation, information, speculations or hear say and stick to what you know. Which unfortunately for most is very little but even then for a person like me, I empathize with and find people more credible without all the exaggerating. If you have to be over the top and stretch the truth why should I believe or even sympathize with anything else you say?

Yeah he could have handled the situation different but he didn't and has not for quite some time now, so why even take that chance? There are too many other ways of obtaining a tegu out there. If for what ever reason it just had to be one of his, why not wait for them to hatch and see what he has left especially with everything that has been going on. Even then directly through him is just one way of obtaining one of his tegus.

Some people are upset because he's taking deposits for next year,.. no surprise there he did the same thing last year if he didn't he probably wouldn't be in a deeper situation this year. Even with that he will still get deposits for next years clutches, I will put money on it that he's gotten some already. So there may or may not be more of the same threads later on, only time will tell.

Just like they jumped on that band wagon for better or worse, now people are jumping on the Tegu Terra wagon,.. but where did his reputation start out at? Not to mention his stock.

Things happen, we all make mistakes some bigger and more serious than others but most of which in time we can also recover from. I'll just be glad when this is all over and done with.

Dana C

the_cw said:
If he says his paypal got hacked then I guess I have to call them again to give them that information. That's abusing the system.

Also, yes, *nobody* should buy from him in the future. It's a matter of getting bad breeders out of the business. We should not have to put up with this level of tacky, illicit customer service.

His Pay Pal got hacked?? Please, he could have come up with something better than that. Hacking a Pay Pal account is very very difficult and I would guess that he doesn't keep a balance in it.

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member

actually paypal is very hackable. i have been hacked at least 4 times in the last 2 years. im not saying he isnt lying but it can happen

larissalurid

Jeremyxb12 said:
actually paypal is very hackable. i have been hacked at least 4 times in the last 2 years. im not saying he isnt lying but it can happen

That is true, even mine has been hacked in the past a few months ago as well as my cousins a few years ago.

Skeetzy

I have a friend who along with some other kids online, hacked paypal for fun. Didn't take any money or anything. His whole house got raided by the FBI, who took his entire family's cellphones, laptops and computers. Nothing happened to him I think, but they were doing it to prove its possible.

Ujarak

Yes it can happen but, i spoke with paypal and they told me they were shutting his account down because of all of the negetive reports they got about his dealings with people. Then a few days later he told me he closed down his paypal because he didnt want to do buisness with them anymore. Then all of a sudden hes telling people he got hacked...the truth of the matter is he is scamming people. I had a deposit on a pair of reds and its now been two months since he told me id get a refund. Ive spoken to him 3 times a week for the last couple months and have for the most part been civil with him but now he wont pick up my calls and will pick up and hang up so i cant leave a message.

the_cw

He's a thief. Nothing more to do than gather evidence and speak with the proper individuals. Also, try and make sure others don't make the same mistake we, apparently, have. :(

Melissa

5 Year Member

His paypal was NOT hacked when I talked to him a few weeks ago he told me it was frozen and under investigation because of 1 person filing for a refund (but I figure it was more than 1 person) He also told me he closed his bank account that was on his paypal and opened a new account so that paypal couldn't pull the money out. He told me this when I still believed I may get a tegu, but he has refused to answer or return my calls the last 2 weeks, and I really believe there are no more tegus and we were all scammed. I filed a complaint with the IC3 and encourage everyone else to do the same.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

That's why he isn't taking Paypal deposits for next year I'm sure.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club

My friend keeps telling me to contact paypal for my money but looks like I'm out of luck...right? Ugh

DoctorPepper4

5 Year Member

just make sure you keep all the emails between you and bobby hill i got a call from an agent and he asked me how long this been going on and that a lot of people where complaining about him i passed on all the names and numbers from the 25 people that gave me their info he will be contacting you guys in the next couple of day just make sure you give the agent all the emails and paypal receipt paypal complaint # and bank complaint # as well like you guys know i got my full 150.00 back from my bank and they will take action against him....just remember make sure you have all your facts right when he asks you guys.....GOOD LUCK guys keep me posted

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029