• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bobby Hill anyone hear from him?????

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RE: Bobby hill, anyone here from him?

He gets away with it because people don't research before they buy.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member

Yup^^^ There were some signs last year. Sucks that it happened though and I feel bad for you all.

Skeetzy

Re: Bobby hill, anyone here from him?

Last year seemed like a fluke year for him. It seemed like he was the most reputable breeder when I did my research. Then I found out about last year's slip ups and thought this year he'd make right. Boy was I wrong. I think now people who do research on him before buying, will see all our threads and realize it. But there's still no hope for people who don't look into him more.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

Last year was somewhat a fluke with what happened with the animals. The way he handled it, is a different story.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: Bobby hill, anyone here from him?

james.w said:
Last year was somewhat a fluke with what happened with the animals. The way he handled it, is a different story.

I agree totally...from what I read online and videos of him with tegus and also people pleased with Varnyard tegus I was convinced he was reputable...now,all of a sudden,(after paying in full and then joining tegu talk...) i find myself 150 poorer and no communication with the guy who took my money and promised me a tegu...don't feel stupid cuz there are probably hundreds of us...it's called trusting you'll get what you paid for. He has taken advantage of this trust.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

the_cw

If he says his paypal got hacked then I guess I have to call them again to give them that information. That's abusing the system.

Also, yes, *nobody* should buy from him in the future. It's a matter of getting bad breeders out of the business. We should not have to put up with this level of tacky, illicit customer service.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

I guarantee you, next year there will be a handful or more people that get scammed by him for not researching prior to purchase. He's scammed enough people two years in a row and it's just sad. I've been telling people to go to tegu terra since last year. I've dealt with Johnny several times and I have yet to meet anyone who's more genuine then him, he has some stock from Bert Langerwerf from Agama Intl. I miss the days when Agama was around.

ReptileGuy

Skeetzy said:
Last year seemed like a fluke year for him. It seemed like he was the most reputable breeder when I did my research. Then I found out about last year's slip ups and thought this year he'd make right. Boy was I wrong. I think now people who do research on him before buying, will see all our threads and realize it. But there's still no hope for people who don't look into him more.

That is exactly what I was thinking as well!

Skeetzy

Re: RE: Bobby hill, anyone here from him?

the_cw said:
If he says his paypal got hacked then I guess I have to call them again to give them that information. That's abusing the system.

Also, yes, *nobody* should buy from him in the future. It's a matter of getting bad breeders out of the business. We should not have to put up with this level of tacky, illicit customer service.

Already told them.

TeguBlake

well i guess i just gave him 350 dollars, i was so exited now, im 600 dollers lost for nothing

KABIKANO

Damn guys, sorry to hear about all the dirty he's done to you all. I guess I'm one of the lucky one's to actually receive my tegu. Again, I'm sorry to all of you who didn't get their tegus. If mine were of age and I had as many clutches as some of these breeders, I'd do right by all this and hook everyone that got wronged up! I've done it with pups before and they are more time consuming to raise than hatchling tegus. Get at me in about 3 years lol!

LizardzRock

I finally got my money back from my bank and paypal. I got the paypal money w/o any issues ($75) and the other $75 I had to pay $25 of it to my bank for a processing fee, but I got and it is not in his lil grimey pockets anymore. Bobby Hill is a scamming piece of trash in my mind.

hanniebann

5 Year Member

Paypal was understanding? What did you tell them?? I'm going to be calling after work. If there is anything specific that helped you to get your money back please let me know. This whole thing is such a clusterfluff I don't even k ow where to start if I get someone on the phone.

Logie_Bear

TeguBlake said:
what if he convinced me to use a Walmart monygram?:huh:

Just did a little googling:

"Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off the cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country the money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever. If you google "Western Union scam", "fraud moneygram scammer" or something similar you will find hundreds of posts from victims and near-victims who lost money via Western Union and moneygram".

Melissa

5 Year Member

well I sent him $350 for an extreme for my husbands birthday, and he told me they would be shipped around my husbands birthday which was July13th, and here we are still no tegu just lots of excuses and unanswered phone calls. e bought a tegu from him about 2 yrs ago and he was great. what happened to you Bobby......

Diablo

5 Year Member

LizardzRock said:
I finally got my money back from my bank and paypal. I got the paypal money w/o any issues ($75) and the other $75 I had to pay $25 of it to my bank for a processing fee, but I got and it is not in his lil grimey pockets anymore. Bobby Hill is a scamming piece of trash in my mind.

Everytime I call up paypal they tell me they can't do anything for me. Was your last deposit within the 45 days? My bank also said I was screwed, how in the world did you get them to do it?

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member

In my opinion his tegus probably didn't produce and he had already spent everyones deposit money. Since he had no tegus to ship out he has been avoiding the situation for as long as possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me