• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bobby hill came through!

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Chaddaniel said:
Could I get some advice, if y'all's baby tegu was dragging his back legs, what would your first step be in trying to recover the health of the tegu, I was thinking some calcium but what is a good supplement because all I know is bobby hills instructions but I'm done with that lying sack of (poop)
I really want to help him out and give him a good home because alot of people would just kill it, he is our only reptile and my wife already loves him, and I didn't want that to happen because he won't eat and if he dies ...OH BOY!!! We named him "beetle juice" because that's my wife and daughters favorite movie and they are both black and white

A Vet appointment to find out what's really going on with it (there are none here) and start your own thread.

Extremes, b&w, bird, dog or what ever they can very well be just that, late clutch or not. As if mother nature does everything on schedule and according to plan. Or anyone has even a clue exactly how many clutches he produces and was expecting. Seriously,.. give it some time before you jump to conclusions and rain on other peoples parade.

Until proven other wise let them be happy with what they finally have and been waiting for.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Definitely do calcium and cod liver oil and make sure uvb is on him...this will take care of possible mbd. Our beardie almost near deaths door made full recovery from this. I also used a syringe ( without needle) to get electrolytes into her daily...also put drops of electrolyte in misting bottle since they absorb through skin as well...if there's no improvement then could be some kind of genetic defect or other problem....hope it gets better.I have done much rescue work from reptiles to amphibians to bats, birds, etc....and the 'abnormal ' ones were always dear to my heart.had a 3-legged cat for 16yrs...r.i.p."spot " <3

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Chaddaniel

I should be happy I paid for a crippled tegu....and had to wait forever .... I really do hope everybody gets a better deal than I did, I'm gonna make the situation the best I can, because he won't do nothing about it, I've called him and he won't answer, and each day I'm with him, Im lovin this little guy more and more

TeguBlake

Chaddaniel said:
I should be happy I paid for a crippled tegu....and had to wait forever .... I really do hope everybody gets a better deal than I did, I'm gonna make the situation the best I can, because he won't do nothing about it, I've called him and he won't answer, and each day I'm with him, Im lovin this little guy more and more
Your doing a great thing man<3

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
Man i hope karma gets bobby back for what he did to everyone. and on a side note I am going to pick up my new little tegu at Coldblooded pets

TeguBlake

Jeremyxb12 said:
Man i hope karma gets bobby back for what he did to everyone. and on a side note I am going to pick up my new little tegu at Coldblooded pets
Congrats man, good luck...

Natural sun. Lol

Attachments

• IMAG0046.jpg
    IMAG0046.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
TeguBlake- is he on the other side of a window from the sun or outside in a glass tank?

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
TeguBlake said:
james.w said:
TeguBlake- is he on the other side of a window from the sun or outside in a glass tank?

in his cage, lol he gets sun 10 to 1 in his cage

The glass from the cage prevent the UV rays from the sun getting through to the tegu so he's not getting any "natural sun" at all if he's in his tank. It has to b unfiltered sunlight to actually get the UV rays.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How do you know she likes it? Is the tank outside or inside when she is getting "natural sun"

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If the tank is outside, I'd stop doing that. A glass tank outdoors in sunlight is like an oven and cooks whatever is inside.

TeguBlake

TeguBuzz said:
james.w said:
Then she is getting zero benefit from the sun.

Best way to put it.

Really guys? I know uv can't travel trough the cage just cool that she is in the natural light? I have the right lighting and heat I'm not stupid. You guys need to stop be littleing people.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was trying to help as you should be able to tell from my questions. I am not belittling anyone.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Wasn't belittling anyone, I was just saying that he/she isn't benefiting from it. If you thought that was belittling then I'd hate to see what your reaction would be had you been belittled for real.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't think anyone is trying to be rude.
One downside to communicating online is the lack of emotion. These members have all been here for a while and from what I've seen, offer the best advice they can. They just want to see your tegu be the best it can be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me