• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bobby hill came through!

Melissa

5 Year Member
Well while I was gone today my husband came home and Mojo was out! so he offered him some food and he ate not sure how much but YAY lol

Teguman0301

5 Year Member
armywife said:
TegusRawsome80 said:
Teguman0301 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:
For the record, I still think Bobby's a terrible businessman. However, I think that the business tactics of one "Teguman0301" are questionable. Launching personal attacks at your competition is never good. I don't see other breeders trashing him to try and pick up customers. It's sad what the reptile industry is becoming. I will always choose the breeders who let their animals and customer service show the quality of their business than those who run around talking about how their stock is the best and they're better than others. I'd like some proof to back up these claims. I really don't think there is a "best" or "worst" type of Chacoan. I hope that you will read this and reconsider your business strategies Teguman0301.
I only meant that to help the people out there. I am not trying at all to push my stock on anyone.My reputation is what I care about..I am sorry if I have disappointed anyone..

Teguman0301 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:
For the record, I still think Bobby's a terrible businessman. However, I think that the business tactics of one "Teguman0301" are questionable. Launching personal attacks at your competition is never good. I don't see other breeders trashing him to try and pick up customers. It's sad what the reptile industry is becoming. I will always choose the breeders who let their animals and customer service show the quality of their business than those who run around talking about how their stock is the best and they're better than others. I'd like some proof to back up these claims. I really don't think there is a "best" or "worst" type of Chacoan. I hope that you will read this and reconsider your business strategies Teguman0301.
I only meant that to help the people out there. I am not trying at all to push my stock on anyone.My reputation is what I care about..I am sorry if I have disappointed anyone..
By the way, I don't accept deposits, never have. That is not the way i do business.

Teguman0301 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

Teguman0301 said:
By the way, I don't accept deposits, never have. That is not the way i do business.
To everyone on this on this forum: I have and always support and help people whether they buy a Tegu from me or not. I get calls all hours and answer every one of them. I meant that in no way to be bad, it just gets me mad when I see what is happening! Again, sorry if I over did it with my comments.

Teguman0301 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

Teguman0301 said:

Teguman0301 said:

To everyone on this on this forum: I have and always support and help people whether they buy a Tegu from me or not. I get calls all hours and answer every one of them. I meant that in no way to be bad, it just gets me mad when I see what is happening! Again, sorry if I over did it with my comments.

Please don't take what I said to be a way to push my tegus. Its just that I get calls and emails every day from people who have had these problems. I just wanted to put a warning out there , but I guess that it should be none of my business? I take pride in what I do and always want to treat people the way I want to be treated. We all go through bad times in life and I would support anyone, including Bobby. Bobby is a friend and always will be. That is not at all how I meant it.

I will only state this one more time. I can back up what I say by my reputation. You will get a Tegu within days after ordering! I take pride in the stock that I produce and I don't see anything wrong with stating that? Ask all my customers that buy from me. I have also given discounts to people who have not received their Tegu from another breeder. i don't have to do that but I do. There is not a thing wrong with my statements..I can back them up also, if need be. But i do not want to get involved in that. I read where someone is happy with a Tegu that cannot walk, just because they thank God that they received one anyway. Does that seem right to you? I would love to speak to you about how you feel about my statements. I just cannot figure this one out?

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It is sort of like "ambulance chasing". It is just not considered appropriate to all people. The better choice is to start a thread of your own advertise your own stock for sale.

Teguman0301

5 Year Member
laurarfl said:
It is sort of like "ambulance chasing". It is just not considered appropriate to all people. The better choice is to start a thread of your own advertise your own stock for sale.
I understand. Thanks for the help!

Steven.

MrNiceGuy736u said:
I think my extreme broke 12 inches. How do your tegus size up?

That sounds about rite, just got a 3 month old exteme and he's about 16-19 inches...

TeguBlake said:
He's at 9 inches

9 inches to me seem a bit small. Unless it was just born, maybe 1-2 weeks. Please correct me if im wrong, but i think extremes are born that size. B&w however, could be that size in about a month or so..

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
You think Black and Whites and Extremes are born with a months worth of size difference? Although I haven't seen either at hatching size I find this highly unlikely.

Steven.

Re: RE: Bobby hill came through!

TegusRawsome80 said:
You think Black and Whites and Extremes are born with a months worth of size difference? Although I haven't seen either at hatching size I find this highly unlikely.

9 inches for an extreme?.. Come on.. That has to be a fresh baby.. Rite outta the egg.. These guys are hitting 24+ inches in 3 months.. No black and white even comes close to that. But since he still has some green on his head.. He might just be fresh outta the egg.. Like i said.. Black and whites are smaller babies that extremes.. And they grow slower overall...

sent from my phone to your eyes

TeguBlake said:
Mine is still green

I would love to see some pics sir.. I enjoy those little green heads.. I miss waking up to seeing a little green head under the basking light.. Treasure while you can my friend.

sent from my phone to your eyes

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
My Black and White that I raised from a hatchling was 4+ feet within a year. I suppose that's not possible though because it's not an "extreme", which by the way are a locality of BLACK AND WHITES. Obviously it's a fresh baby, it's still green. How many baby extremes and black and whites have you hatched? You're crazy if you think they grow slower. Exactly how much experience raising tegus do you have? My Black and White that I raised matched or beat the growth rates of the extremes you are speaking of. I wish I'd kept a log.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They are the same species, they aren't going to differ in size that much as hatchlings or when full grown. Some black & whites get huge and some "extremes" get huge.

Steven.

TegusRawsome80 said:
My Black and White that I raised from a hatchling was 4+ feet within a year. I suppose that's not possible though because it's not an "extreme", which by the way are a locality of BLACK AND WHITES. Obviously it's a fresh baby, it's still green. How many baby extremes and black and whites have you hatched? You're crazy if you think they grow slower. Exactly how much experience raising tegus do you have? My Black and White that I raised matched or beat the growth rates of the extremes you are speaking of. I wish I'd kept a log.

Wow 4+ feet uh.. that must have been some year for you.lol. I never hatched any tegus, never said i did as for experience, i've had enough... Listen i'm not here to start anything with you, you seem like you doing a wonderful job at it just by yourself... I just simply believe that extremes grow faster than b&w, that all. Its a personal opinion based on what i've seen on this forum and many others. Sometimes they do, sometimes they dont.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
When I bought niles he was around 17 inches already.(on 9/11). The green on his head was all gone except for some places near his nose,and it was dull not bright green.on 9/18 he was 18in. On 9/27 he was 18 1/2in. I haven't measured again yet...but I was told he was an argentine blk and wht normal. Just some input on color and growth rate for comparison.I was told around 2 months they lose the green head as well. I like hearing the input from other fellow tegu 'parents ' and find it helpful as this is my first tegu.hope everyone can get along and just remember it's better to be respectful to each other even in times of disagreement :)

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
not trying to start anything but just wanted to say this but this thread is way off topic and i think it needs to be locked. too many people are badgering each other

apocalypse910

Just for reference- this is my extreme from the first clutch of the season. I believe he was just over two weeks old when shipped.

http://i.imgur.com/rW5F1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HEp6c.jpg

Leaving this as a link because I broke the editor's Javascript

Jeremyxb12 said:
not trying to start anything but just wanted to say this but this thread is way off topic and i think it needs to be locked. too many people are badgering each other

We're all adults here. It seems to me that the arguing stopped short of hostility, and this is an important discussion. I think there is room for disagreement here - and preventing reasonable debate is frustrating for all parties.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think the thread is fine. Disagreeing opinions were shared, it is back on track discussing TeguBlake's tegu. No blood, no foul. ;)

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Extremes are only a locality of black and whites, this they are black and whites. I've seen b&w's that have grown larger than extremes. My b&w Bruce reached 59in before I sold my stock off. Ill try and get some pics up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam