• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chubbs The Beast

frost

1,000+ Post Club
what kind of bulb are you using? you could try some thrift shops for wood. some of them sell old cabinets and dressers that you could use for a frame and line it with the water proof stuff(forgot what its called) most of the stuff they sell there is around $10 i made a 4 feet enclosure for a snake with an old cabinet.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
That is an excellent idea frost. Also some people give things away free sometimes... i plan on (not sure when) getting a jungle carpet python and plan to use an old hutch or similar with glass doors...waterproofing and modifying for appropriate containment. :) also...as for feeding... when i am preparing meats (chicken etc) the parts i would normally throw out i take a knife and 'shave off ' the meat from the fat/tendons/ etc and mix it with calcium etc and baggy it for tegu food. Maybe your parents can help w that. Also a lot of churches have food pantry. That is free staples for low income people. I used to go and the produce that they don't give away is surplus they'd send to farms etc as animal food. I'd take some home for my bearded dragon etc. Just suggestions to supplement what you actually buy so you can maybe stock up by freezing baggies of meals for the tegu like i do :)

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

bfb345

TeguBuzz said:
bfb345 said:
I can properly care for him right now his cage is fine he has plenty of room and he will have a new cage soon

Your care is not proper, as your cramping him into something he has already grown out of. He will get a new cage soon? A few days back you had all of us under the impression that he would also have the closet as part of his enclosure, that was probably a fib just to get us, or me at least - to shut up. How many times do we have to tell you that the cramped dimensions of your enclosure are no where near appropriate?
Ill go take pics right now
Post pics of the enclosure. Is he still in that fish tank with the minimal substrate shavings?

TegusRawsome80 said:
Okay... If it's 6 feet it could be workable but 5 is pretty small.

Agreed. Post pics Brenden.

Here are the pics I measured it and its just a few inches under 6 feet
http://s1290.beta.photobucket.com/user/bfb345/media/100_2915_zps621d061c.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4
http://s1290.beta.photobucket.com/user/bfb345/media/100_2913_zps4169c704.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

frost

1,000+ Post Club
when you can get enough money i would get a powersun or a solar glo, they are great.

bfb345

wow that's a lot the powersun I bought was at a narbc show and it was still 50 bucks but at any petstore near me they are 70 or more

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I wouldn't get a solar glo because its cheaper. I used solar glo for a while and when I made the switch to powersun I felt like it was worth the extra money.
http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=8238

bfb345

yeah okay glad I read that sounds like it really ups the animals activity ill see how cheap I can get one for would you recommend ordering offline or not risk it

Deac77

5 Year Member
bfb345 said:
yeah okay glad I read that sounds like it really ups the animals activity ill see how cheap I can get one for would you recommend ordering offline or not risk it

I get my 100watts at PetSmart for 50$

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What did you expect? They'll be cheaper online but not by much if at all. It's an expensive hobby. Especially for someone your age.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Br, don't order the Westron MVB bulbs even though they are the best and you can get a 2fer deal. They will take your money and then make you wait MONTHS and MONTHS for delivery. The only way I got mine was to open a paypal dispute with them. If you do order from them, save all correspondence with them to your computer so you can plead your case to paypal. Westron will not answer your emails about your order. Westron makes the ReptileUV bulbs, Powersun, and TRex bulbs. Maybe more. They are all from the same place. Westron will fill commercial orders first, then tell retail customers basically to just suck it. Westron is on my s--t list.

bfb345 said:
my petstores are fricken expensive wtf lol

Amazon is your friend!

bfb345

lol nice I think ill just buy from the local reptile show they are cheaper there I could get a powersun for about 40 and I know reptiles can be expensive I have ball pythons I was just saying every one elses pet stores sell for cheaper than mine my powersuns are 70 and others are 40 that's a pretty big difference

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Here on Long Island, reptile supplies are about double what you would pay online. I mostly find other substitutes and order my UVB bulbs online.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced