• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chubbs The Beast

bfb345

Hi everyone this is my Male Extreme giant tegu Chubbs he is currently 14 months old and around 3 feet long and about 7 pounds lol (Hence the name Chubbs) I bought him from anthony he was awesome to work with and also sells leopard geckos his forum name is leosbybam. I hope you all like him I LOVE HIM HEHE

Attachments

• 100_2908.JPG
    100_2908.JPG
    936.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 100_2910.JPG
    100_2910.JPG
    637 KB · Views: 69
  • 100_2912.JPG
    100_2912.JPG
    810 KB · Views: 57
  • 100_2911.JPG
    100_2911.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
  • 100_2909.JPG
    100_2909.JPG
    918.8 KB · Views: 60

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Someone please inform this kid how improper his setup is. This fish aquarium and substrate and depth of substrate is NOT anywhere near healthy or sufficient for a tegu that is "around 3ft long". I said I wouldn't post here, but someone - please sugar coat the obvious for bfb345.

bfb345

TeguBuzz said:
Someone please inform this kid how improper his setup is. This fish aquarium and substrate and depth of substrate is NOT anywhere near healthy or sufficient for a tegu that is "around 3ft long". I said I wouldn't post here, but someone - please sugar coat the obvious for bfb345.

THIS IS HIS OVERNIGHT CAGE UNTIL I GET HIS OTHER ONE TOMORROW I BROUGHT HIM HOME A FEW HOURS AGO SUGAR COAT THAT AND DONT BE DISSING ME ON MY THREAD ASK QUESTIONS FIRST I KNOW ITS WAY TO SMALL IM NOT AN IDIOT

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Caps? I'd like to see pics of your new enclosure tomorrow. Do you plan on using the same substrate in that enclosure too? If so, I wouldn't recommend it. Should have had that enclosure ready - just being straight with you. What are the dimensions of the new cage and what is it made of? You want questions, I'm asking them.

bfb345

TeguBuzz said:
Caps? I'd like to see pics of your new enclosure tomorrow. Do you plan on using the same substrate in that enclosure too? If so, I wouldn't recommend it. Should have had that enclosure ready - just being straight with you. What are the dimensions of the new cage and what is it made of? You want questions, I'm asking them.

I plan on using cypress mulch about 8 inches deep and yeah i probably could of had the enclosure but the guy could only meet tomorrow not today and i was already jam packed today and the new cage is 5 feet by 3 feet by 2 feet and before you go crazy it goes into my closet where he has a 9 by 5 free roam pen and the cage is made of melamine and sorry about the caps lock was kinda pissed :)

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
9x5 will suffice. Will he have access to that at all times or only when you're around? If he only has access to that when you are around, about how many hours out of the day will he be able to go into the larger space?

bfb345

TeguBuzz said:
9x5 will suffice. Will he have access to that at all times or only when you're around? If he only has access to that when you are around, about how many hours out of the day will he be able to go into the larger space?

He will be able to go in to the 9*5 whenever he pleases except for at night ill put him in the inside part then let him out in the morning to eat and soak up some rays

bfb345

I will post some how do i post onto the actual post reply like where i am writing this do i upload to photobucket

Vigilante

bfb345 said:
Mine has a 4*2*2 but that is just his overnight sleeping area then he goes into a pen that is attached that is about 7 feet long by 4 feet wide and 3 and a half feet high

Is this correct or the size you state in this thread?? I got this quote in the thread about someone asking about cage sizes for their Colombian.

bfb345

Vigilante said:
bfb345 said:
Mine has a 4*2*2 but that is just his overnight sleeping area then he goes into a pen that is attached that is about 7 feet long by 4 feet wide and 3 and a half feet high

Is this correct or the size you state in this thread?? I got this quote in the thread about someone asking about cage sizes for their Colombian.

it is the bigger measurement in the thread i remeasured sorry the cage i was buying fell through so now im getting the 5 foot one tomorrow and i moved some stuff in my closet which is where the pen is and it made more room

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Just a general info post that's pretty relevant to the topic at hand. Tegus need high humidity. High humidity will not realistically be provided in a closet that isn't sealed and wasn't built to withstand high humidity and moisture. I would build him a much larger cage, at least 6x3x3 but hopefully closer to 8 feet long, ASAP as he is already 3 feet long and needs a bigger cage than 5x3x2. They also enjoy burrowing. Are you going to be able to put a large amount of moist substrate in your closet?

bfb345

TegusRawsome80 said:
Just a general info post that's pretty relevant to the topic at hand. Tegus need high humidity. High humidity will not realistically be provided in a closet that isn't sealed and wasn't built to withstand high humidity and moisture. I would build him a much larger cage, at least 6x3x3 but hopefully closer to 8 feet long, ASAP as he is already 3 feet long and needs a bigger cage than 5x3x2. They also enjoy burrowing. Are you going to be able to put a large amount of moist substrate in your closet?

yes there is a cement floor and the humidity will be in the cage i have thought this through and if he has a large pen he will not need a larger cage as he will have access to it all day

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Do you have any basking spots in the room for him? Is the room completely sealed off? I guess if this is the option you want to take I can't stop you. Can't wait for pics!

bfb345

Yeah it just has a door its fully sealed otherwise and yes there will be a basking spot that suplies uvb and heat and in the cage he has a ceramic heat emitter i post pics of the cage when i get it tomorrow unless the weather destroys the road then we r getting it saturday which i would not like i want to get Chubbs out of that tiny cage lol he is currently burrowed in a ball of my shirts lol

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Brenden, I would recommend rigging up some basking spots in the pen as well - if that will work. That way he won't be confined to the small space provided in the enclosure if he wants the heat and you UVB.

bfb345

TeguBuzz said:
Brenden, I would recommend rigging up some basking spots in the pen as well - if that will work. That way he won't be confined to the small space provided in the enclosure if he wants the heat and you UVB.

There will be at least 2 i thought i posted that if not sorry and the pen is 90 % closed in so i think humidity will hold well in there

bfb345 said:
TeguBuzz said:

There will be at least 2 i thought i posted that if not sorry and the pen is 90 % closed in so i think humidity will hold well in there

Its kind of funny because like i said it was my closet so it has a pole over it for clothes and it will work perfect for light fixtures lol

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
BACK OFF YOU GUYS!!!

1. I don't agree with how Brenden is keeping is tegu.

2. If a new member were to come and read this, thinking this is how we treat members, I'd be rather embarrassed.

3. Brenden, cut the crap and stop antagonizing other members.

bfb345

Laural no direspect but we handled it and if you dont like how im keeping my tegu give me some suggestions on how i could fix things

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980