• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chubbs The Beast

bfb345

Yeah probably around November maybe earlier depending if I find a deal anywhere and if I have any money

I may sell his current cage and then I will have more money

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Brenden, your tegu will not thrive in a 5ft cage at all. He could be very well close to 5ft in less than a year, and it will not work - I am certain of that.

bfb345

He will have a new 8 foot cage later in the year he wont be in the 5 foot for long maybe a few months no longer

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Do you want help looking for something? There are members who have gotten little Buffett tables and converted those into enclosures. Im sure if you message someone letting them know a general area and what your budget is we can help find you something.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
How old are you? Do you live with parents or someone who can help you out? I know even as an adult I had to buy the materials etc a bit at a time in preparation for when niles gets bigger. Plus the time it takes to plan and build. He is only 18in. And soon will be up from hibernation and going into the 6 ft cage. Hopefully someone can help you reach your goals before your baby begins to outgrow what you do have. Ask for plans and advice and I'm sure the group can come up with affordable and uncomplicated alternatives to housing that you may either be confused about or unable to afford, ok? Because we are all here to help each other so our tegus are healthy and happy. :)

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I'm sorry but the tegu has already outgrown the cage. I don't know if you saw Batgirl1, but he is already 3 feet long which is MUCH too large for a 5x3x2 cage.

bfb345

BatGirl1 said:
How old are you? Do you live with parents or someone who can help you out? I know even as an adult I had to buy the materials etc a bit at a time in preparation for when niles gets bigger. Plus the time it takes to plan and build. He is only 18in. And soon will be up from hibernation and going into the 6 ft cage. Hopefully someone can help you reach your goals before your baby begins to outgrow what you do have. Ask for plans and advice and I'm sure the group can come up with affordable and uncomplicated alternatives to housing that you may either be confused about or unable to afford, ok? Because we are all here to help each other so our tegus are healthy and happy. :)

Im only 15 lol so money is the biggest factor lol since I cant get a job yet or drive and I have school all day so my whole schedule has to be around that but thanks for the support

I live in howell Michigan so If anyone around there builds cages and could give me a deal with a payment plan or something it would be much appreciated

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I apologize, I sometimes do not read the entire threads through first. I thought he was in a sleeping area at night then let roam during day. My pain often makes my brain cloudy too...but I digress. Yes at your age I understand that you are not feeling the sense of 'urgency ' to get him in a proper setup and have had ideas that seemed good. But yes if anyone could help you out ...maybe you can post a thread and state your area etc. 'Help...need cage built in (?) Area...urgent...will do payment plan ".something. or I think someone said try craigslist? I really wish you luck. I am up in n.h. and would try to help if I were closer. :( do ask your parents too, maybe can loan you some that you could pay back?

bfb345

Yeah my parents don't have any money for me either lol I have to make all money for all of my reptiles all by myself it sucks but I guess it teaches good work ethics

I think I will have the same guy who built my current cage build me a larger one for cheap depending on how this one holds up

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
bfb345 said:
Yeah my parents don't have any money for me either lol I have to make all money for all of my reptiles all by myself it sucks but I guess it teaches good work ethics

The kid around the corner from me started mowing lawns and doing yard work after school. He has built up so many customers that now he makes several hundred dollars a week. All tax free.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
bfb345 said:
Yeah I live in the boonies but im goin to see what jobs I can do around the block

Us old farts love to see young'uns with a good work ethic. It reminds us of us.

bfb345

yeah lol I work well but the problem is I work to fast so If I work by the hour I get paid less but people usually own up because its quality work

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I saw you posted a thread about cage wanted and payment plan! That's great! I'll pray that someone in your area can help out! :)

bfb345

Yeah you and me both lol for now I think he likes his cage lol he came up to the side and licked my face it was so cute haha im just glad to have him in a bigger cage he is such an awesome gu I just want him to be happy. I made him a hide out of a plastic container and drilled a hole in it and he just digs right under it lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980