• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Yogi's Thread

bmx3000max

Its one of thosse thngs you cant tell...but how the way yogi was acting up i new somthing was wrong, he had earlie stages of mbd so after trying everything a freind told me how do you now your bulb is good, you cant tell if its giving off uvb so changed it and hes been better than ever.

bmx3000max

so today i took this picture before i fed him....and he is getting huge but the funniest thing, when they say to tong train your tegu i mean yogi is really tong traind....i put him in his feeding bin today and put crikets in with him.....when i put them in he did get thier sent with the jacobsins organ but did not touch them for about half a hour, so i dicied to take out the tongs but then when i grabbed one with the tongs, he went right at it and only ate them one by one only in the grasps of the tongs itwas pretty funny and cant wait for his buddy to be home.

IMG_20120805_134501.jpg

IMG_20120805_140853.jpg

IMG_20120805_140853.jpg

bmx3000max

So took yogi out for a bath today and decided to take a pick similar to when i first got him...he keeps growing and growing

IMG_20120806_191550.jpg

tommylee22

Yea Biggin is shedding like every week dude ate some rabit and 5 large dubia roaches today. Thought the fuzzys would slow him down eating 3 over the weekend, nope! Dude eats like there is no tomorrow.

bmx3000max

nice...yogi just started actully burrowing finally...today was his first time i was kinda surprised cause i thought he never would....and i gave him a rat pup today and at first he couldint fit it cause last week he couldnt but he gobbled it down today.

bmx3000max

so todays the day yogis brother is here...hes a all american from bobby and i still need to find the birth date but hes just a hatchling around the same age as yogi and i want to find out if they are related since i heard of some one with a extreme and a all american that were half sibblings as well as possibly find out the parents...if anyone knows the age if thiers was born in the same clutch please letme know...but hes finally here i finally saw what bobby ment with thier fetures as the extremes have a more rounded mouth and the all americans have more of a snout and more of a darker color as babies than the extremes but i love both

IMG_20120814_125857.jpg

so he was actuly more curious than yogi when i first got him but what kinda scared me is yogi is way bigger than him even though thier around the same age and i didnt want him to hurt him so since thier didnt seem to be a thread on how to put two tegus togther for the first time i put them in a bin and let them get used to eachothers sent for abouta half hour, you can see yogis alot bigger.

IMG_20120814_130952.jpg

and yogi was more affraid of him than the little guy affraid of him....so it went well tho and they started sleeping on eachother lol and after a while i put them in thier encloser and they both actuly just ate...surprised kinda that the little guy ate but he ate a pinky and yogi ate a rat pup and now thier just basking.....and the little guy wont even run from me....it seems he copies whatever yogi does and even followed him around his encloser for a hour......so i plan to leave the little gu alone for a week and let him see how i operate with yogi....seeing how smart he is, coming to the tongs to get food just like i did with yogi before i feed him

IMG_20120814_162343.jpg

but i do not got a name for him so well see what i come with or suggestions, and this will officaly be both thier thread now.

bmx3000max

So a update on my two boys thier doing grate....and my little no name gu stil trying to find a good name for him is great, yogis goten to really like him and it seems thier enceparable now, they even sleep in the same hide now, and i think since he copys yogi is why hes less affraid of me....on day two i fed yogi on his tongs he did the same and when i took yogi out he waited for him at the front by the opening until i put yogi back. Il do a better pic and update tomorow. But i just had to say how i love wwhen thier light cuts off they both go in ther hide and sleep together.

IMG_20120814_165953.jpg

Scott Hogge

If the AA still needs a name, you should name him "Frog." There is an episode of MacGyver with a dog named Frog, and everyone loves it. They are always like, "So the dog is named Frog?"

bmx3000max

For sum reason i cant uplod the video but its not that i call yogi when i feed him cause i dont want him to bite wen i call him.....i have just kept calling him for everything so he knows when i call his name im talkkng to him...so hel be asleep in his hide, and i come home from work and i call him and he wakes up and comes to see whats up

Steven.

Dam man, your doing a wonderful job with both of your guys. What bulb are you using?. From the pictures it looks like that like to stay on the floor and bask, unless you just take pics with them on the floor lol...

bmx3000max

Yogi's and boo boo's Thread

I use a zoo med mecury vapor buld....and they bask everywere with it.....and to everyone i finnaly got a name for little no name, it is going to be boo-boo, and yogi.....so this will be both of thier offical thread.....and as for a update they have been doing very well...yogi and i seem to have that special bond were i come home and he runs up to the glass to see whats new for today, and now allows me 100 percent to take him out of his encloser with no problem, and as for boo boo he must be copieing yogi cause hes the tamest babie gu ive seen after a week of letting him get ised to his home he alowes me to pick him up and handal and not run away:)

IMG_20120822_103533.jpg

And to sho how fast yogis grown
IMG_20120818_145357.jpg

bmx3000max

Yea had to figuring how close they are lol....and yogi is about two months and 17inches and boo boo is about a month and a half and 12 inches

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980