• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Underground Reptiles Chacoan White headed Tegus Are they really giants?

thatoneguy

Rud3dog let know what you find out frome underground, my tegu is similar to yours. He is more grey then white.

20160201_103244.jpg

DangerousDann

We've had Dozer now for just over 6 months now (Sept 2015) and we're pretty sure he hatched in May. He is growing so fast, was wondering if this is typical for those from Underground Reptiles
(Picture taken yesterday he was shedding again)
image.jpeg

snibborsirk

Growing extremely fast is typical for any tegu that is fed properly/consistently - thats just what they do! Especially those that don't hibernate/brumate. I'm anxious to see how big all of our chacoans get. Just remember the "extreme giant" moniker/marketing ploy doesn't guarantee your's will be huge!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Growing extremely fast is typical for any tegu that is fed properly/consistently - thats just what they do! Especially those that don't hibernate/brumate. I'm anxious to see how big all of our chacoans get. Just remember the "extreme giant" moniker/marketing ploy doesn't guarantee your's will be huge!
Exactly. Plus, there's variation among individuals in any trait, growth rate included. i've seen some enormous males that were pretty dark.

DangerousDann

Dozer was at 35 inches last I measured him. I am hoping to get a scale soon to get his weight. I don't care either way if he gets really huge or not, I'm very happy with his temperament and and how friendly he is. After I recover a little more from my surgery, I plan on finishing his room off so he can at least free roam a little bit.

DangerousDann

Sorry it's been a while, had some issues with Dozer while recovering from my surgery. Dozer doesn't seem to eat when he sheds, and one morning I went into check on him and change his water, and I noticed he was twitching really bad. After a bunch of calls to try an find a vet (closest was an hour drive), and after consulting messages boards and a few pet stores, we figured he was calcium deficient and started him on a mixture of powdered calcium and pedialyte which got him through it. I am happy to report Dozer and I are doing much better. Since then he started eating much better and now loves mice. He is growing so big. Here is a video I shot today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602