• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Underground Reptiles Chacoan White headed Tegus Are they really giants?

thatoneguy

Ground turkey isn't to bad, I mix in the calcium/vitamins and make little bite size balls, not as bad as chicken hearts.

I also make scrambled eggs by mixing in the calcium/vitamin plus sometimes chopped up greens or veggies. Then cook them in the microwave about 45 seconds at a time then stir and repeat until done.

My tegu seems to like tilapia, I'm not sure if he likes salmon I offered him some the past 2 days didn't eat to much of it.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Little Caesar's or Rachel Ray dog food in individual serving containers will work dusted with calcium.

DangerousDann

image.jpg
I ordered mine from Underground Reptiles on September 3rd and got him on September 5th. His name is Dozer. He has already started climbing onto my hand and arm.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Congrats. Looks like Dozer'll grow up with lots of white with crisp contrast. The black teardrop under the eye is associated with one of the morphs.

DangerousDann

Thank you, I've been shooting a lot of video of Dozer since I got him, I'll post the YouTube link in my next post.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 87

DangerousDann

This was me having a little fun with the clips I shot of Dozer his first 24hours. He was shedding when he arrived. I post vids of him on Facebook everyday, but YouTube takes a while to upload. I'll take more pics in the morning when he wakes up, to show since the shed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36

DangerousDann

I posted more pics of Dozer that I took this morning. We have 3 bearded dragon, a Tokay gecko, and 2 leopard geckos, but Dozer is my first Tegu. Some things I'm still getting used to, like when he burrows and I can't find him. I started him on ground turkey since he's eat 40 to 50 crickets a day.
image.jpg

Vastra

A friend of ours recommended rodentpro.com (about 30 cents per mouse sold in hundred count) or you could try hare/today.com too they have all kinds of whole prey and ground meats

Rud3dog

Its been a little more then a month since I have been here mostly because of my water monitors needing more attention. Reguardless of what to call them chacoan giants or what ever, mine is developing a very very grey head. I dont know if this will turn to white later one but the first 2 inches of his head is mostly grey. I will post some pics later. Will his grey turn white? If not he will definitely be a grey head lol

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sounds like he's picking up the traits of that morph or ssp.

Hope you waters are doing well. What a handful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980