• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Underground Reptiles Chacoan White headed Tegus Are they really giants?

Rud3dog

NOw that i think of it, blue tegus are not very white when they are younger are they? Maybe I will see some awsome white when he sheds a few more times :)

snibborsirk

Rud3dog, I def see yours being a stunner as he ages. That pattern and white head will be killer. Anxious to see how mine colors up as he ages too. Just about to finish his first shed in the 3 weeks I've had him and he's also got some orange (wait I mean fire!) showing up on his underside now. Here's some pics of Jack...first two are from today, the second two are from ~ 3 weeks ago when I got him. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Rud3dog

So I am getting in touch with UnderGround to see if I can figure out who his parents are and the exact day he was born. The date I dont think is such a big deal since I got a very good idea since he was a hatch-ling when I got him. I some times feel a little loony thinking my tegu may become something special as his colors change. I honestly dont know, but if all that gray turns white he will be 40-50% white unlike other tegus I have personally seen. Maybe he is only special in my eyes because he is mine and there lies ridiculous nature of my thoughts. If I get any results on his parents from Austin the owners son I will post them.

If I could just say what bothers me:

1. Alot of tegus like the beautiful one in the post above already have white in them and they are smaller then mine.

2. I cant find any adults with a grey head or see ones with giant grey areas

So this is kinda contradicting to myself. Obviously the truth will come out sooner then later and I guess I just need to shutup and be patiant. Either way, him having a almost all grey head or white head will be awesome!

Last edited:

sr3052

5 Year Member
Nice! No doubt underground produces some of the rarest and prettiest tegus out there. But will these aka extreme giants really get larger then a Argentine? I will have my doubts till some one shows me some more evidence. Regardless I love these lil guys and yours looks like ( guessing by the looks a male, its really early to tell by looks ) he is growing very fast for his age. :) I am hopeing for some very pretty white and black contrast from these guys. I wonder if we have the same fathers lol What did you name him? And btw, the fact they can sex them %100 as hatchlings sealed the deal as my breeder of choice.
Screenshot_2016-03-11-22-10-49.png

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Interesting about time. I have a 1.2 Florida WCs from tegusonly. They're down for five mints of the year. When up, male is out at 0930 hrs followed by the females maybe 1/2 hr later. Out area hrs then down til tomorrow.

sr3052

5 Year Member
When he was a little guy and this is actually my son's tegu I'm with him more than he is lol lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-19-04-33-10.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-19-04-33-10.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 16

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'd rather have a tegu as a kid's hand-me-down than many other kinds of pets!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980