• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

>> The VEGETA Diaries <<

AWD247

5 Year Member
Here's todays pic updates, 9-24-09
Vegeta is in Mid shed, I say mid cause check this out, if you notice in the pic below he looks likes 2 different tegus in 1, from the head down the shed is off, but from the mid way point its still shedding, the pic doesnt really do it justice but man does it look weird in person..
:lol:

2toneshed.jpg

Next is a pic of Vegeta just haning out basking after stuffing his face!!

Baskingafterdinner.jpg

Here's a quick pic of me trying to sneak up on him for shot

sneakonvegeta.jpg

And finally.. I usually dont have close pics so figured I try one for you guys,. And as usual he didnt mind.. I think he likes the cam

upclose.jpg

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
Wow Vegeta's looking great. I was wondering where both your screen name and Vegetas name come from. I'm thinking Vegeta is from Street Fighter? And yours, does it stand for "All Wheel Drive 247" or could it mean "Australian Water Dragon 247" I'm not very creative tonight LOL I can't get over how much effort people put into their Gus. Nice cages, careful diets, lots of attention and so on. I noticed that in myself too. I spent way more on mytegus setup than any of my other reps. Must be their eprsonalities eh?

AWD247

5 Year Member
DaRealJoker said:
Wow Vegeta's looking great. I was wondering where both your screen name and Vegetas name come from. I'm thinking Vegeta is from Street Fighter? And yours, does it stand for "All Wheel Drive 247" or could it mean "Australian Water Dragon 247" I'm not very creative tonight LOL I can't get over how much effort people put into their Gus. Nice cages, careful diets, lots of attention and so on. I noticed that in myself too. I spent way more on mytegus setup than any of my other reps. Must be their eprsonalities eh?

Thanks for the compliments guys, I like having this, always catch myself looking back on it.
As far as the names, Vegeta I got from Dragon Ball yes im 35 and love Dragon Ball lol, and AWD247 is All Wheel Drive 247, Im a huge subaru fan I own a 2004 STi 480hp,

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

simon021

5 Year Member
I have a 350 hp 02 WRX :D Best car i've ever owned, my friend.

Thats a really beautiful Suby :cheers

Did you happen to get a measurement on Vegeta? I managed to get Scott measured the other day and it still blows my mind how fast they grow. 21 inches already!!!

AWD247

5 Year Member
Ok so here's today's update to the diary, I got home a bit late today but I had to spend some time with my lil guy, when I got home I noticed he was burrowed somewhere, So I decided to see if he missed me enough to come out and hang for a lil while.

After hanging out for a bit and watching tv, (sorry I look like a mess but we still have alot of house work going on lol and im completely drained from work

100_0372.jpg

After watching my fights for a few I decided to see if he wanted to eat a lil before I put him back in.
As usual he didnt pass up some food, at one point he was having trouble positioning food in his mouth so I had to help him out, he doesnt mind, hes used to my hands wiping his mouth and touching him while he eats, Ive also moved from eating in a feeding bin to having him eat in different locations so he doesnt get used to the same bin for for eating, Now i made him a tray for his food and either have it on the floor, my lap, or prety much wherever im at, like today in the kitchen

Well thanks again for reading the updates , more to come very soon, if anyone has questions or anything they would like to see routine wise, handling, eating etc, let me know.

wyattroa

5 Year Member
AWD247 said:
DaRealJoker said:

Thanks for the compliments guys, I like having this, always catch myself looking back on it.
As far as the names, Vegeta I got from Dragon Ball yes im 35 and love Dragon Ball lol, and AWD247 is All Wheel Drive 247, Im a huge subaru fan I own a 2004 STi 480hp,

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

sweet ride. I have an 08 sti stage 1.. love the car!
robert

AWD247

5 Year Member
thanks!!

AWD247 said:
Ok so here's today's update to the diary, I got home a bit late today but I had to spend some time with my lil guy, when I got home I noticed he was burrowed somewhere, So I decided to see if he missed me enough to come out and hang for a lil while.

After hanging out for a bit and watching tv, (sorry I look like a mess but we still have alot of house work going on lol and im completely drained from work

100_0372.jpg

After watching my fights for a few I decided to see if he wanted to eat a lil before I put him back in.
As usual he didnt pass up some food, at one point he was having trouble positioning food in his mouth so I had to help him out, he doesnt mind, hes used to my hands wiping his mouth and touching him while he eats, Ive also moved from eating in a feeding bin to having him eat in different locations so he doesnt get used to the same bin for for eating, Now i made him a tray for his food and either have it on the floor, my lap, or prety much wherever im at, like today in the kitchen

Well thanks again for reading the updates , more to come very soon, if anyone has questions or anything they would like to see routine wise, handling, eating etc, let me know.

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
AWD247 said:
thanks!!

AWD247 said:

100_0372.jpg

awesome bro chillin out with your GU is great

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
Lookin good! It's funny, I'm 39 years old and I look forward to reading The Vegeta Diaries, lol, keep up the good work

AWD247

5 Year Member
Lol thanks guys, I'll try to get more videos and pics so I can keep you guys tuned in. Keep checking in

AWD247

5 Year Member
Anything specific you guys would like videos of ??
Im thinking of doing my feeding routine/handling next.

simon021

5 Year Member
What was that he was eating in that video that was crunchy like that?

I'd love to see a video of his whole enclosure. it looks pretty awesome man!

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Good looking gu, I like him, very tame. One suggestion, if it were me, I would give him smaller food tidbits, so he could wolf them down easier. He has a very good appetite.

...Jefroka

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced