• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

>> The VEGETA Diaries <<

AWD247

5 Year Member
Hey whats up everyone, I just wanted to start this thread mainly to: "keep track of how my experience with my new Extreme is going" and to keep some updates going for anyone else that might be interested.
I have a Male :fc
He was born July 5th
I got him Aug 4th 10:30am
I have to say im very Happy with it and so amazed on how smart and docile it is so far.

1st let me start off with...
Meet the Parents
Blizard - Dad

Handsome Guy:
Blizard.jpg

Or you might recognize him more from this pic:

BANNER_.gif

Then you have his beautiful Mother:
Sugar
When she was younger:

sugarasababy.jpg

Take a look at her now:

DSCN5535.jpg

Well needless to say, Bobby did a great job pairing these two up, and im happy to showoff my lil Hatchling.. Vegeta!

1st day home:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4683" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4683</a><!-- l -->

Here are some updated pics:
As of today (week 1) he measured 13"

100_0309.jpg

vegeta.jpg

After a week of working with him, he's been very good tolerating me picking him up, he's taken two 25 minute soaks/baths.
He's handled everyday for about 35-40 mintues and once he calms down its off to the feeding bin for some belly filling food.

Here's what he's been eating on his 1st week so far:
So far he's eating mainly Turkey w/cod liver oil mixed in, also mixed with calcium supplement, But I also mix in chopped soft boiled egg, Green Grapes, Blue Berries.
I use a small tray that I put into the feeding bin, It helps alot cause it keeps him from climbing into his food. (That way no food is on him or transferred to the enclosure)

FoodBinTray.jpg

FoodinBinSetup.jpg

I was going to take some pics today after he ate cause he was Nice and Fat, but he's already in the middle of a shed, so I soaked him for about 10 minutes, he went back into his enclsoure and basked for about an hour, then he was gone, Burrowed himself for the night.

Thanks for reading today's update
Aug 10th. 2009.
More updates in a day or two.

Anthony

5 Year Member
wow with those parents u might have one of the best looking gus out there... i love the strong white in tegus and i think urs will have a lot

AWD247

5 Year Member
Thanks guys for the replies, Im hoping he has lots of white., Lets see what happens, He's in his 1st shed so far, I forgot to get pics of his tail, all nice and white, hope the body shed comes off easy and soon.

Here are some quick pics from today 8-11-09
Right after eating some turkey, super meal worms, eggs.
He had this look on his face :drool

Vegeta811.jpg

Vegeta8112.jpg

Vegeta8113.jpg

That cod liver oil makes a big difference, he was really sitmulated by the scent.
Nevermind the fact he just loves turkey..lol

AWD247

5 Year Member
Here's a quick video, I tried to get him to show his belly but I think he was just too full.
But you can see under his jaw and tail, the white is coming in slowly

AWD247

5 Year Member
Hey guys,
Just another entry for today 8-12-09

Today I was suprised to find my lil guy had completely shed :app , When I get home I always go straight to the enclosure and sit for about 35 minutes or so.. Today was kinda weird cause I usually have to wait to interact with him, sometimes even have to pick him up, but today for some reason he was very active when I came home, When I noticed he had comeplete shed I opened up the enclosure to get a closer look and to my suprise he came right up to me when I tapped on the divider, climbed right on me and walked around on my shoulders for awhile, :yik

I was kinda excited cause this is the 1st time "he" intereacted with me 1st.
Me and Kelly were so suprised, :woot

Well after playing around for a few I got his food ready, just Turkey today. I wanted to measure what he'd normally eat so I can start dividing the portions correctly so food doesnt get wasted,.
He bascially eats a full tablespoon of turkey. ( I noticed its easier to eat when balled up )

Im pretty sure he likes it! :rofl

100_0812-1.jpg

100_0812.jpg

100_812.jpg

I gotta get better pics, but he's doing good so far.

..Vegeta
8-12-09
Thanks for reading!

Richard21

5 Year Member
Not in a bad way but he is a very stange looking tegu. Never seen anything like his pattern very cool :shock: . I think you have a male too I can see some jowls, I don't know if I can say the same for my little guy. :oops:

AWD247

5 Year Member
Maybe cause hes such a lil eating machine his marking are stretched..lol
not to mention im taking pics with my cell so the colors arent the greatest.
He's got alot of white on him starting to show.

I thought the same about the jowls but Ive only had him a lil over a week, doesnt it take longer to develope?

Richard21

5 Year Member
Yeah I see lots of white coming in too. I think when a tegu is 30 inchs you can eaisly see jowls or no jowls. But when its smaller then that if you catch your tegu use to the bathroom it should show his junk. lol.

AWD247

5 Year Member
Hey guys, here's another update on Vegeta.. 8-16-09
..just spending some time soaking today and having some handling.
Thankfully he's doing very well to the handling, but Ive notice I cant be too close to where he can see his enclosure cause then he just wants to go home. Once he's away from it he's more focused on me and just calms down.

Here's some pics taken today:

GettingWhite.jpg

Almost15.jpg

100_0337.jpg

Thanks for looking guys.
Maybe next week ill do some videos
. :roon

Richard21

5 Year Member
Getting big! I look foward to these updates. Does your tegu flinch when he hears sudden noises? Or if you move to quick? Well my tegu is taming down a little but still gives suddun burst of speed out of no where.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam