• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

>> The VEGETA Diaries <<

AWD247

5 Year Member
Thanks, I like being able to go back and look at his growth & progress.

Ive noticed a few flinches here and there if I open the enclosure too fast and he wasnt aware, but he mainly gets those "burst" of energy runs when either he's climbing up my arm to my head, or if im about to put him back inside his enclosure, once he notices his home its like he want to just bolt right in.

Every now and then when I get some of those bursts., I try to keep holding him to see if he calms down, then I put him back in without him having to bolt in, I do that so he doesnt get rewarded/used to bolting in or being flighty, just make sure if you try it - try not to restrict him much, Ive noticed that when he's in my hand and I moved around at a fast enough speed he kinda chills out and tries to make sense of where he's at, if im tooo slow he'll just want to run.

Its wierd to cause theres just days where he's just perfectly calm and I dont have to do anything at all., sometimes I just have to put him in cause he doesnt want to get off me.

AWD247

5 Year Member
Hey guys, I just wanted to pop some pics up real quick, I noticed that lately vegeta is eating alot more, and getting fatter.
Now, Ive only had him for about 3 weeks,. When I got him he was about 11-12" Now hes about 15". :app

Is it just me.. but for some reason I feel like hes developing some Jowls?? or is it just extra skin lol.
But isnt he still too young? or am I just seeing things and thinking hes growing more than he is :chin

Sorry for the crappy pics but I only had access to my cell at the moment I noticed

Jowls2.jpg

Jowls.jpg

GettingWhite.jpg

You can see it more when he looks to the left or right, its almost like small bubble of jello

AWD247

5 Year Member
I cant leave this guy alone for 1 minute, I guess he's just checking up on his brothers and sisters, making sure they all have good homes. :lol:

Vegetaontegutalk.jpg

He's in another shed today, second since being with me, 3 weeks!!

Today we took the chance to see how he would do out of his enclosure and just relaxing with us watching TV.
He was an awesome lil guy today., Hes starting to get used to this call I do when I open the enclosure, Kelly couldnt belive this "reptile" would be so smart, I was kinda shocked too that he responded to it, he was buried in the substrate and popped his head out when I called,. about a minute later he was crawling up my hand to get out the enclosure, nice and calm, hung out with me for about 45-minutes, got the premixed food in the feeding bin, he climbed down off me and starting eating, Today I didnt close the top and i think he liked it more, ate quite a bit as usual, nice and FAT. He even let me wipe his face when turkey got stuck on the side of his mouth, I was suprised.
When i noticed he lost interest and was walking around and peeking out the bin ( which is about 6" high ) I put my hand in and he just climbed right up..

This lil guy is so awesome :app
Thanks again for reading guys.
... Vegeta 8-20-09

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
AWD247 said:
I cant leave this guy alone for 1 minute, I guess he's just checking up on his brothers and sisters, making sure they all have good homes. :lol:

Vegetaontegutalk.jpg

He's in another shed today, second since being with me, 3 weeks!!

Today we took the chance to see how he would do out of his enclosure and just relaxing with us watching TV.
He was an awesome lil guy today., Hes starting to get used to this call I do when I open the enclosure, Kelly couldnt belive this "reptile" would be so smart, I was kinda shocked too that he responded to it, he was buried in the substrate and popped his head out when I called,. about a minute later he was crawling up my hand to get out the enclosure, nice and calm, hung out with me for about 45-minutes, got the premixed food in the feeding bin, he climbed down off me and starting eating, Today I didnt close the top and i think he liked it more, ate quite a bit as usual, nice and FAT. He even let me wipe his face when turkey got stuck on the side of his mouth, I was suprised.
When i noticed he lost interest and was walking around and peeking out the bin ( which is about 6" high ) I put my hand in and he just climbed right up..

This lil guy is so awesome :app
Thanks again for reading guys.
... Vegeta 8-20-09

lol Vegeta has good taste .. right on GUs are smart he will be typing your post soon lol WATCH OUT

simon021

5 Year Member
It's so awesome to see them all growing so fast and turning out so great. My normal was shedding when I woke up this morning. He just shed last week! He didnt eat much at first, but the last 2 weeks or so he has been eating like a horse! Measured him last night and he was 16 inches! 4oz so a quarter of a pound already. The columbian I had was almost a year old and this Argentine is damn near caught up to him in length and girth. It's AMAZING how fast these little guys grow, and mines not even an extreme!

Great diary man! Keep up the great work!

AWD247

5 Year Member
Sorry guys, the last 2 weeks have been extremely busy for me, I just purchased my 1st house and wanted to get some work done before moving in. We're almost all settled in and an update is coming soon, Vegeta is still doing real good, eating alot, looks like he's slowing down a bit and stays sleeping longer, next update should be up this weekend.
Thanks for checking in

AWD247

5 Year Member
Ok..

Sorry for the delay but we just purchased a house and we've been VERY busy :morn

Today I finally got some time in with Vegeta to take some pics, I found him snooping around in the morning so I prepared some food and got the camera ready for some new updated pics.

Heres some pics after stuffing his face. :drool

vv4.jpg

vv5.jpg

vv1.jpg

vv2.jpg

And Vegeta waving goodbye!!

vv3.jpg

So here's the update, He's still doing great, handling is still the same, though if he's close enough to his enclosure he always wants to go back in. He if doesnt see it then he calms down and just hangs out as long as he can climb up on me as high as possible :grno

As of right now he's about 17 3/4" Hes still growing pretty quick, He's in the middle of another shed and has been slowing down quite a bit, I see him for about 2-3 hours if that during the day, guess its almost about that time. So right now im just keeping that lil belly full as much as possiblr when hes out.

Well thats about it for this update, as usual thanks for taking the time to check out how my lil guys is doing. Hopefully I can do another update in about a week or two.

-9-4-09
-Vegeta
-09 Extreme Giant

AWD247

5 Year Member
Just a quick update, saw Vegeta trying to get the rest of his shed off, so i crabbed the camera for some funny vids, look how he drags his hand/arm for the shed :lol: .
I love that with every shed he gets more and more white!

AWD247

5 Year Member
Heres another addition to the Diary, todays 9-13-09 update, Just a quick pic, He's starting to really get big and thick, check out his legs and tail !! I still cant belive this lil guy was just a few inches when I got him. I love the white starting to come in, I need a better camera lol

Contest3.jpg

simon021

5 Year Member
Thats such a great picture. I've noticed that my little guy has really been thickening up the last few weeks as well. The base of his tail is dang near as big as his body, and his whole rear end is beefing up. It's like his proportions are changing at a rapid rate. I would imagine they are gearing up for hibernation. Dont they use the fat reserves in the tail to sustain them through the winter months? I seem to remember reading that somewhere.

Anyways, great diary! It's so incredible how fast they grow. My tegu has been growing over an inch a week. It just blows me away!

Great looking tegu man! Good luck with the contest. I was pretty confident until you came along hahahah!

AWD247

5 Year Member
Here's another update to the diary, todays 9-20-09 and I just measured Vegeta.. He's @ 20.5" today :woot

Im always talkng about how calm he's been since I got him and how his temperment is always getting better day by day, so here's a quick video Kelly & I took after work which is right before his feeding time. Its a cell phone vid so sorry for the quality

Next vid I do will show our feeding routine which is just as calm.
Stay tuned :mrgreen:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980