• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

For everyone who has a Jam x Whitey Baby hatched on June 29

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
nero is still shedding also and hasnt grown in length in about two weeks but still sheds i think they are just getting wider not longer

Quijibo

5 Year Member
reptastic said:
nero is still shedding also and hasnt grown in length in about two weeks but still sheds i think they are just getting wider not longer

Oh yes, Jango has gotten quite a bit wider. I also noticed that her growth has been mostly SVL, almost as if her tail has stopped growing in length. Jango seems to constantly have shed hanging off of her. She loves to be rubbed on her face and jaw to get the pieces off. She looks like a cat being petted.

mis jaksin

5 Year Member
these pics are from a couple weeks ago.. i forgot they were on my camera. but was a funny moment.. i was sitting on the couch, and brutus walked over and started attacking the button on my jeans by scratching at it and biting my jeans. now he does it every time! silly little gu.

Attachments

• brutus 2009-11-12 045 e.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 2
  • brutus 2009-11-12 040 e.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 2
  • brutus 2009-11-12 047 e.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 3

Quijibo

5 Year Member
So... I guess Brutus is a boy ;)

Ya gotta watch them when they're roaming. Like a baby, they like to investigate things with their mouths. They especially like shiny metallic things. They'll eat all your spare change.

mis jaksin

5 Year Member
yes brutus is definitely a boy (even though he acts like a spoiled little girl sometimes!) i baby proofed our place before he was able to free roam (it has hardwood floors throughout which is nice), and his favorite place to hang out is on top of my external hard drive. silly little gu.

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Jango. 38" and getting wider..

Jango120809003.jpg

Jango120809007.jpg

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
here is nero who is also 38" long and getting wider

bug.jpg

chair.jpg

table.jpg

caught her talking on the phone with her brothers and sisters lol (glad i got unlimited minutes)
phone.jpg

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
well,after talking to bobby for a while today i know for sure that nero is a female also he said it was weird that she has a black head because he didnt produce any black heads this year so i guess she was lucky lol i measured her today and she grew an inch in the two weeks since i measured her so now she is a tad bit over 39" soon she will be 4'+

TanMan57

5 Year Member
WOW... Zero's twin is passing him up by a whole foot! Well Zero is definitely not hibernating its December now and hes up everyday eating now. I'm amazed he was asleep a few months ago when it was warmer, at night it drops to 30 degrees and he's still up every morning wanting more food lol. He's small but maybe because he was asleep for a couple month's or some what asleep

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hey guys/gals how is everyone doing, havnt seem many updates on here lately. i know most of you are busy with the holidays and everything. hope to see you guys online soon. a lil update on my gu she is fine still up almost every day and still eating alot she is still growing good.she is now 40" long and is starting to calm down a bit. she is a great pet

Meg90

5 Year Member
Nausicaspotsonemos3daysold051.jpg

Here's a quick pic of Cleo, curled up in her favorite spot. I heap eco on it daily and mist it down for humidity and some cushioning for her to lay on. She seems more comfortable then just laying on the wood.

She doesn't refuse meals anymore, but she eats maybe every four days. The signs I use to tell if she's hungry is her digging behavior (she goes mad in the morning digging and scratching on the glass once she's warm when she's hungry) and I've been watching how long it takes for a bowel movement, and her digestion is slowed. On days that she eats, she will bask til lights out, otherwise, she will bed down between 2 and 4 pm.

Its adorable though, if she's buried, I open the cage doors, call her names a few times and lightly tap on the substrate and she comes up to say hello and basks for a bit to warm up before going back to bed.

She's a very sweet girl.

Happy Holidays Siblings! :hug

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hey meg i think you better start checking cleo for spurs lol she looks like she might be a he i might be wrong but does she have a really wide belly nero had one since she was like 19"

Meg90

5 Year Member
Nah, she's actually very svelte looking when she hasn't just eaten. I'll snap a picture before I feed her today, do a before and after.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
she just looks alot like missjaksin's tegu thats it seems like most of our gu's have a twin lol

Meg90

5 Year Member
She's a silly girl. Anybody think that two rat fuzzies is too much for one meal? I didn't have to add any egg today, but that pup had blood on its nose. She didn't seem overly "stretched" after eating just one, but I am hesitant to offer two. Here's two pics of her today with said pup in mouf. :-D
babyhatched12-21-09021.jpg

oh hai!
babyhatched12-21-09022.jpg

btw, I've never measured her because she doesn't really cooperate with me, but she's gotta be 25 inches now w/ tail.

mis jaksin

5 Year Member
Yep, Cleo looks a lot like my boy Brutus... Although, Brutus is about 8-10" longer than Cleo! He has the black nose with a dark head..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me