• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

my new baby blue tegu

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
reptilerookie said:
i bought a whole thing of ground turkey so im gonna start feeding him at night and in the mornin
Mix in a little (1 tbs per lb) cod liver oil & some calcium powder. Freeze it in small portions so you only take out enough for a day or 2.

Don't feed too late, no later than 2 hours before bed for a big meal.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's hard to find. I got it at GNC. I figured any drug store would have it but they only sell caplets. The stuff really sticks, don't get it on your hands, so you don't want to be piercing and squeezing caplets!!

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
he is good lookin. just feed him and let him have a lil bit to de stress and sooner than you think he will he huge

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I picked up 2 containers of flavorless cod liver oil at Walgreens for buy 1 get 1 free. Maybe you could check there.

I just want to point out that your tegu is in very bad shape. It sucks but with proper care you can get it back to good health in no time. The tail is showing kinks which no doubt it has some MBD going on. Do not over feed it the first few weeks as it stomach probably can't handle it. Take it easy and moderate how much food he/she gets but at the same time make sure you are giving food that offers high nutrient density. Also, it is best to not handle it all during this period. It really needs to get healthy before you consider doing so.

By the looks of things Underground Reptiles is horrible at keeping tegus. If they were a breeder like they said they were they would take more pride in there stock. This is just pathetic. If you paid the full price that's on the website I would insist on a refund of atleast half. You are probably going to need to see a vet in the future and the money would come in handy.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
I think Puff Dragon put it perfectly. I'd also add that you should see the vet now because you'll have better chances of reversing the MBD if they give liquid calcium, etc.

Also - is there a dark spot on his tongue?

Otherwise, good luck...and I'd report Underground to the ASPCA...seriously...

Beasty

5 Year Member
Bobby doesn't even have blues. I don't think he's going to get into them either.
BUT DaveDragon has some that he breeds, I have one of his babies. Maybe he'll get lucky and have more babies this year but it won't be until late in the year, unfortunately. You just missed the boat on that one. You MIGHT get lucky and find one around online though if you look diligently and frequently and have cash to strike when the iron is hot, they don't last long at any price it seems.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Are you going to take him to a reptile vet to get him checked out?? Bring a fresh (less than 24 hours old, refrigerated) fecal for testing for parasites.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980