• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

my new baby blue tegu

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
well october was 5 months ago, not 9...lol. And yes varnyard he said it was a guy named Ryan from underground reptiles. still 10 inches in 5 months...jeeez and from what I hear Daves blues dont even hibernate...so in 5 months of most likely no hibernating and only 10 inches, thats scary, still try to get a pic up

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
omgtaylorg said:
well october was 5 months ago, not 9...lol. And yes varnyard he said it was a guy named Ryan from underground reptiles. still 10 inches in 5 months...jeeez and from what I hear Daves blues dont even hibernate...so in 5 months of most likely no hibernating and only 10 inches, thats scary, still try to get a pic up

I figured as much, thats sad.

Your animal has not hibernated, it needs to see a vet, however, it might have just not been fed.

reptilerookie

5 Year Member
lol my bad ur right the guy said they hatched 9 months ago and he said that they where nine months old i should have done the math my self lol

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
did you measure him yet? cause I mean I hate to say it but if its really 10 inches and 9 MONTHS, that has to be close to death honestly...id like to know how skinny the tail is and how wide the tegu is, it has to be longer than 10 inches I just cant picture this, nor do I want to thats very sad...and for $300 thats absurd id go back to that shop immediately

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
reptilerookie said:
how long is thier hybernation period
thats what im saying, blues are known to NOT hibernate...Davedragon has a few and they breed without hibernating so blues might not need it at all...others hibernate up to 7 months of the year(Bobby's)...but again yours isnt hibernating especially at a petstore...its STARVING though for sure i can tell you that. That angers me about this store...

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
reptilerookie said:
how long is thier hybernation period

They don't hibernate, that's the problem. And the history that I know of is not good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus