• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

my new baby blue tegu

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Hey there,

I'm wondering if he lied about the age all together? Maybe it just hatched? Like DaveDragon said, his were 10" within 2 weeks after birth. I have one of his blues and it is only 4 months and already 32". Please post a pic!

Definitely feed him every day, twice a day or as many times as possible. I would dust with calicum with D3 right now in case he has MBD. Crickets, raw ground turkey, scrambled eggs, cut up tilapia (make sure it's fresh), pinkie mice, stuff like this needs to be fed to get this guy back up to strength.

Also - please see the vet asap. If he has MBD or anything else he may need treatment asap.

May I ask about your setup? What sort of lighting are you using right now? How close can he get to the UVB tube/or Mercury Vapor Bulb?

Also - what is his poop like right now?

I know these may seem like strange questions, but poop can tell a lot about the health of an animal.

Beasty

5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
Like DaveDragon said, his were 10" within 2 weeks after birth. I have one of his blues and it is only 4 months and already 32".
:yik Holy crap! You must have gotten the monster of the bunch! Mine might be 24 inches, maybe. Just shed yesterday so I feel a spurt comin' on.

Yeah 10 inches is way crazy small for that blue but if it's eating it should grow more soon regardless.

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
WOW!!! Even if its 13 or 10 inches that is not a correct size for a 9 month old tegu or if his poop seemed big for his size that shouldnt make it okay and think he is fine. I have a female blue that I got from dave and she's 4 months old and is shy of 35 inches. What I wanna know is that 5 pages of posting but no pics!!!

Beasty

5 Year Member
GEEZ! What brand of steroids are you guys using? 11 inches bigger than mine?! Out of the same clutch, no less! That's crazy!! Hmm... we'll have to see what it's like when the Extremes get up! ;)

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
BOOSTFEEN has had more time with the steroids than some others!!!! :mrgreen: Where are the pics???!!! We gotta see this monster!!

reptilerookie

5 Year Member
hey dave i tried loading the pics to the web site but it says file is to big and i dont hav a photobucket account if u want i can email u the pics and u put them up

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
LOL!!! Well just remember that when I say shy of 35 inches that's overall length. Also don't forget that my Blueberry (that's her name) gets fed two or three times a day if possible since I've gotten her from you Dave. I've been meaning to take some time and post pics of her but I will when time is available.

reptilerookie

5 Year Member
if anyone wants pics of my poor little guy i can email them if u give me ur address sorry i cant post them it just says files to big but i do have pics availble

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Give it a couple hours to digest big meal or feed 3 smaller meals and handle immediately. But give him a week to get more used to his new surroundings.

PM sent.

reptilerookie

5 Year Member
i just fed him a pinky im hoping he will eat the other pinky i held him fr a little but he jumped out my hand so i put him back in the cage

reptilerookie

5 Year Member
004_.jpg

005_.jpg

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That's gotta be some kind of record. It took 6 pages to finally get some pics! :mrgreen:

Feed him twice a day, as much as he'll eat, with a good 95 to 105 degree basking spot, and he'll grow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980