• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

my new baby blue tegu

reptilerookie

5 Year Member
so im gonna by some pinkys tomorrow they also said i can feed dog o cat food i read that on the web before i became a member wit u guys

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No cat or dog food, here is the proper care sheet:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?t=20</a><!-- l -->

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No dog or cat food! Stick with whole prey items and try to get some bulk on your little guy.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.undergroundreptiles.com/cart1/store_pages/detail_page.php?product_ID=117-BTB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.undergroundreptiles.com/cart ... ID=117-BTB</a><!-- m -->

Is that what he looks like??

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Good luck with him, hope he turns out to be a healthy blue, I love those alot. And i guess for future buying dont go to that pet store anymore because that thing is starving right now, check for signs of MBD too...id sit down and read every link bobby has posted on the homepage right now, LOADS of info.

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
They sometime brumate. my female did when i had her. but thats waaay undersized bro. i hope ur blue makes it. i love blues they are my fav. keep us updated

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
reptilerookie said:
can u buy mealworms in a can
mealworms are really small, id do super worms mine likes them...but for now you need to fatten your guy up. Go to the store and get some raw ground turkey(the kind with more fat for now), get some pinkie mice too, fish, and beef liver. Just try feeding him some things and keep up posted...

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Feed every day as much as he'll eat.. If he's that starved I'm not sure if he'll be able to eat much at first but I would definitely offer daily!

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
well when hes awake underground was wrong about that too, I feed mine everyday that its up...yea it can live off 3 times a week, but if you want a healthier animal and faster growth, daily feeding is needed

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
reptilerookie said:
he is about ten inches with the tail
I haven't read the whole thread yet but 10 INCHES at 9 MONTHS!!!!

My Blue's hatched at 7" to 8"!!! I'm sure they were 10" in less than 1 month.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
omgtaylorg said:
well october was 5 months ago, not 9...lol. And yes varnyard he said it was a guy named Ryan from underground reptiles. still 10 inches in 5 months...jeeez and from what I hear Daves blues dont even hibernate...so in 5 months of most likely no hibernating and only 10 inches, thats scary, still try to get a pic up
Mine were hatched at the end of October and now they're between 24" and 32", except for the "runt" of the litter who is about 18" (but he hatched at only 4" long!).

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I fed my Blue hatchlings crickets in the morning and as much raw ground turkey (with a little cod liver oil & calcium mixed in) as they could eat, pinkies once per week. They grew about an inch per week since hatching.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus