• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Who Shall Talk About Reptiles??

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm not angry at all. Sorry if my typing sounds angry, the internet does that sometimes. :)

roastedspleen

that happends to me on facebook and people are actually sarcastic but you cant tell because there is no way to interpret text as real emotions or joking.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Albino would be the only morph that I am aware of..

Here is a video of the water monitor that free roams the shop in So Cal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAhnEMeoKOs&feature=related

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well you have the various degrees of coloring with each tegu, like reds and the high contrasts, i have seen them range from a purpleish to orangeish color, with the b/w's you have the black noses and high white, same with blues you have the albinos, high whites and plantinum, just variations in their colors, not really morphs persay but they can vary greatly

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
And patterns, Guru has a weird pattern its all jumbled looking, Rango is more striped, Gary is more spotted. All 3 are black and whites but Rango is the brightest, Gary has a darker head.

Okay Okay so, all of you beautiful people, you beautiful tegoaddicts, let me ask you this!!! okay, SO, i read, that they just found a new species of monitor. not long ago they did the same with a pit viper. they said only a few species of tegu have been revealed to the u.s ect places. and that there could be other species, larger.smaller ect what do you all think of this? and what would you like to find if there was more new species yet to come or expect to find?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There are various tegus in south america, as someone mentioned before we have have barely tapped the tip of the iceberg with the species we have availible here in the pet trade, check this out there are some spectacular tegus in the wild but with the import ban they may never make it into the pet trade

Wild Tegus

Crocodile tegus are not true tegus, they are thought to be close cousins like the green ameiva aka dwarf tegu, they are awesome though

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam