• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Who Shall Talk About Reptiles??

i just woke up so im gonna be lazy on this reply lol. roast, i want a albino crocodile, alligator, and camen in my sanctuary of every species in those catagories :D and i love tarantulas as well other person and as for display, like, ok yes in a way they are your pets wether reptile or scorpion whatever, but at the same time there is a very, different almost, PRIDE for m,eeting their needs and keeping hem alive and thriving. almost like a personal conservation thing in a way. i use it to study them as well help somehting that may not make it in the wild if released into it which is why i buy captive bred. as for wild caught. i think it should be left int he wild UNLESS they are in dangerd. thats the only time i support owning a wild caught because in that sanero ithink they need a little help and itd be good to keep them and breed them and releas,e breed, release, to help them. we need them on this planet just as much as they need us some times.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
roastedspleen said:
i really dont actually understand a display pet because its just you dhowing off... and how exactly do you get cuddly with a scorpion???!

mispelled showing

What do you mean by showing off? My animals aren't display animals, but they are completely different from my cats.

There is a pet shop in So Cal that has a 6' water monitor that free roams the store. I was there this past weekend and there was 5 kids petting him at once and he just calmly laid there.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
roastedspleen said:
i mean caimens and alligators and stuff to big to actually hold or even attempt to touch because they would rip you up

I can't think of the guys names, but google python hunters. Two of the guys from that show keep crocs. They have albinos.

roastedspleen

reptastic said:
Well you cant cuddle with a tegu either but we keep them, whats the difference

heres proof you can! it took me like 5 seconds on a youtube search
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMiU-CBlZ40&feature=related

james.w said:
roastedspleen said:
i mean caimens and alligators and stuff to big to actually hold or even attempt to touch because they would rip you up

I can't think of the guys names, but google python hunters. Two of the guys from that show keep crocs. They have albinos.

unless the animal was born with humans or drugged it would not hesitate
to rip an arm off...

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You didn't say anything about keeping a wild caught croc, you said a croc.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
roastedspleen said:
well even raised by hand they still have natural instincts....

an animal stays an animal it cant turn into a human

Yes, but this is true with ALL animals, they are always animals. Tegus can remove a finger from your hand as well.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I cant see the video on this phone, however i will say you cant cuddle up with a tegu or any reptile like a dog/cat, sure you hold them, hug them, pet them ect. But to think that a reptile will want to cuddle up with you is far fetched, i had a 4 foot tegu that i could hold like a baby, does that means she liked it, absolutly not, as far as crocodilians they are huge predators, a caiman is smaller than say a crocodile or an alligator but there are some that can do some damage, there are people that keep them, some mmay be calmer than others but as with any reptile c.b.b or w.c they are still wild and can still bite so you have to take the necessary precautions when dealing with them

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
BlackendMetalDeathHead666 said:
dont end up like the chick on who tried petting her Gaboon Viper or the man whos monitors ate his body. :D

Are you talking about Fatal Attractions???

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That show was a joke. Don't believe anything you saw on there. I have seen dogs eat their owner under the same circumstances. It is just a survival instinct.

dude, there was this guy at one of my old jobs, i caught some kind of lizard one day, and he screams how its venmous and called 911 because it bit me, and i told him it wasnt, so then they tried getting me in trouble when they showed up for lieing to them when i never called, and then anther time this guy was in a pet store and i was handling i think it was a red tail boa but which type im unsure, anyways, he goes on a rant cursing and yelling how all snakes are venmous and they will all kill you and the owner was freaking out trying to calm every one down and i got tired of the guy crying and moaning and throwing his weight of stupidity around so i kneed him and punched him right in the chin as he came down lmfao!! :D granted i find it funny when someone asks me, ARE BOAS POISONUS?? lmfao or pythons ect. people are so uneducated to the world they live in.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Im really starting to hate that show, it seems like everytime people find out i keep reptiles they always mention that episode

it is in all honesty a bit annoying? one reason i love reptiles so much is because theyre so misunderstood and unrightfully judged and not accepted just because of their appearances and scales ect. i will always fight for them. people need to stop giving them a bad name.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That is true, thats the reason i have been facinated with them also, i find it annoying when people ask "why i dont have normal pets like dogs or cats" i respond "for me this is a normal pet" lol

Eeek lmao that must have shut him up, some people have no clue as to how ignorant they are, i have heard people say all snakes are venomous, i just ask were are the venom glands on a python/boa and why dont they have just 2 large fangs like a cobra or a viper Still havnt got an answer to that question lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980