• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Who Shall Talk About Reptiles??

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
yeah, they seem to be the most rewarding. what are you favorites???

well forgive me for having a trying day so im gonna use common names so i dont have to think to hard tonight with my migraine lol hmm lets see....i need to update my profile definetly..but... sense you started with monitors, so shall I :) Black Throat Monitor, Crocodile Monitor, Water Monitor, Yellow Monitor, Savannah Moniyot, uhh i love kamodos as well but thats a big no go on owning one lol. argentine boa's, i mean i could get into allot of python and boa PHASES of certain species if i wanted but ill keep it simple, recticulated python, blood python malaysian perferably, sumatran short tail or black blood python, african rock python, Brazilian rain boa, hog island boa, amazon tree boa, emerald tree boa, black headed python, gaboon viper, diamond pyhton, jungle carpet python, sudanese uromastyx, saharan uromastyx, somali uromastyx, rainbow uromastyx, orange benti uromastyx, ornate uromastyx, mali uromastyx, indian uromastyx, egyptian uromastyx, ebony uromastyx, banded uromastyx, algerian leopard uromastyx, moroccan uromastyx, galapagos land iguana, rhinoceros iguana, chinese water dragon, frilled dragon, sailfin dragon, leopard gecko, paruvian red tail boa, new caledonian giant gecko, rainforest dragon, red tegus, argenitne black and white tegus, extreme giant tegus, blue tegus, jacksons chameleon, tiger salamander, hellbender, blue tongue skink, sumatran pit viper, mangrove snake, eyelash viper, black mamba, green mamba, indian taipan, **wipes forhead off** ill stop there for now to name a few.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I love black throats. Soooo amazing. I've only been around a couple and you could tell the owners put a ton of work into them. They were pretty mellow considering their size and nature. My dad said he'd buy me one but I'm not sure I'm ready for something that large yet, tons and tons of work.... And it would need my entire garage lol.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
BlackendMetalDeathHead666 said:
well forgive me for having a trying day so im gonna use common names so i dont have to think to hard tonight with my migraine lol hmm lets see....i need to update my profile definetly..but... sense you started with monitors, so shall I :) Black Throat Monitor, Crocodile Monitor, Water Monitor, Yellow Monitor, Savannah Moniyot, uhh i love kamodos as well but thats a big no go on owning one lol. argentine boa's, i mean i could get into allot of python and boa PHASES of certain species if i wanted but ill keep it simple, recticulated python, blood python malaysian perferably, sumatran short tail or black blood python, african rock python, Brazilian rain boa, hog island boa, amazon tree boa, emerald tree boa, black headed python, gaboon viper, diamond pyhton, jungle carpet python, sudanese uromastyx, saharan uromastyx, somali uromastyx, rainbow uromastyx, orange benti uromastyx, ornate uromastyx, mali uromastyx, indian uromastyx, egyptian uromastyx, ebony uromastyx, banded uromastyx, algerian leopard uromastyx, moroccan uromastyx, galapagos land iguana, rhinoceros iguana, chinese water dragon, frilled dragon, sailfin dragon, leopard gecko, paruvian red tail boa, new caledonian giant gecko, rainforest dragon, red tegus, argenitne black and white tegus, extreme giant tegus, blue tegus, jacksons chameleon, tiger salamander, hellbender, blue tongue skink, sumatran pit viper, mangrove snake, eyelash viper, black mamba, green mamba, indian taipan, **wipes forhead off** ill stop there for now to name a few.

That's a big list. What are you currently keeping?

lol i love reptiles, and atm nothing except possibly my old brazilian rainbow boa IF things go well, and some tegus later this year and amazon tree boas and im strongly considering a black throat monitor. i had to move back in with the old man and old woman after a wreck at 130mph right before my band was gonna start a tour at the time (( old band)) so blah. XD though i probably wont be able to keep much because i have to move to L.A soon and then N.Y and then ill probly tour between those two moves and after for a while before i build my permanet home. thats when its really gonna kick in. but if i get my own place (( like im planning )) ill probly own about 10 good reptiles all my own. im just gonna have to be a choosy person. im already fixing to build a massive shed and have accsess to all the shed materials ect metals i need if i ever wanted to build a whole backyard as a building to keep my reptiles in as well and accses to the cooling units ect. im just watching my money very carefully and keeping prioritys strait for the moment. how about your self? i asume you have some monitors already :) though over the years ive had a load of different reptiles as pets.
rhetoricx said:
I love black throats. Soooo amazing. I've only been around a couple and you could tell the owners put a ton of work into them. They were pretty mellow considering their size and nature. My dad said he'd buy me one but I'm not sure I'm ready for something that large yet, tons and tons of work.... And it would need my entire garage lol.

hi Alexi!!! XD yes yes they are :eek: maybe some day i can help you with your black throat wanting after im done touring a bit some day? :D youve read meh profile I THINK YOU DID unsure but if you did you know my plans :D

roastedspleen

saifin dragons, grand terre geckos and yellow or red ackies monitors are my favorites too bad i will never own any but i have a tegu so i shouldn't complain. and james how do you find monitors rewarding? even bobby said they aren't very great pets because of size, at least the larger ones

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My list of current reptiles is in my sig.

Previously I have had boa constrictors, irian jaya carpet pythons, amazon tree boas, and an emerald tree boa. I got bored with snakes and only keep lizards now, other than my daughters corn snake.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My fave's are b/t monitors i really hope to have the room to keep one of these one day, asian water monitors, rock iguanas, green iguanas, tegus(my #1 fave) sulcatta torts., leopard torts., gaboon vipers, emerald boas, green tree pythons, granite burmese pythons and plenty others, some of these i already have kept and some hopfully one day

o_O why wont you ever own one? where theres a will theres a way, dont be so negative and dream a little til your thoughts become reality :D but i agree with james i find monitors very rewarding as well. for me idk i feel a odd bond though i respect them and what theyre capable of, i do feel a bond with the ones ive handled cared for ect, its just odd. its simular to my bond with my rainbow boa in a way. i guess you have to kinda be used to them andk now what youre doing and you can kind of predict in a way how they will act though not acuretly you will get a sense of when theyre okat with you and know you mean them no harm and are helping them ect. its just odd for me to explain.
james.w said:
My list of current reptiles is in my sig.

Previously I have had boa constrictors, irian jaya carpet pythons, amazon tree boas, and an emerald tree boa. I got bored with snakes and only keep lizards now, other than my daughters corn snake.

oh well you have a lovely collection :) i was gonna make all my faves into one giant signature but i didnt wanna aggitate, irritate and make people and adminstratives irate with me for a big signature or break any rules :/

and TeguAddict 5 star general adminstrative officer man SIR! you will own alll you desire one day dont worry :) got any images of the ones you have kept? :)

roastedspleen

mmm i mean ill probably never get one as in i dont have the space for a giant gecko and saifin dragon but the red monitor or yellow is a little more of a probability

haha tottaly underground!! check out..wait..nvm...PM me idk if im allowed to post places to get reptiles on here :/ though ill say the place i was gonna recommend does sell tegus i have YET to ever see them on their site inventory stock list. so i asume they buy bobby in mass quanity.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lol @ 5 star general, whew i'd be posting all night, i had about 30 reptiles, i had a bit of bad luck the past few years last summer i lost about 16 reptiles 4 tegus, 1 rhino iguana, 1 green iguana, 2 collard lizards, 2 leopard geckos, 1 bearded dragon, 1 red tail boa, 1 mali uromastyx, 1 ball python and a crested gecko in a huge house fire, i got these reptiles after having my previous collection stolen in a burglary which included, 1 columbian tegu, 1 green iguana, a viv filled with bahaman anoles, 2 beardies, 1 savannah monitor, a spiny iguana, a box turtle and 2 larger green iguanas, but i cant let the bad stuff hold me back, once i get settled and can be sure the above mentioned cant happen again im going to start back collecting and have a kick ass collection

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam