• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

WANTED: Female Blue Tegu

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
it's not a color specific cross. it is more for the physical characteristic cross. bobby's chacoan crossed with a blue, then the offspring crossed with a red. someone in vacaville claims to have one he's selling for 2300, but he has no verification on the chacoan from bobby. I doubt its true as it is a lengthy and rare project.

COWHER

5 Year Member
ApriliaRufo said:
I don't believe it is fair for anyone to disapprove of what kind of tegu someone has. I hope I never gave off an air that I disapprove of anyone owning a blue tegu. I only think that people need to start crossing blues more so that their DNA may flourish without running into itself.
I agree and I also had never said that blues or their owners were bad. I actually like blues!!!

and as for the stars and stripes tegu thanks for clearing that up ;)

COWHER

5 Year Member
thats a good question too whats the importance of a chacoan in the mix if its going to be a red white and blue then why does that require a chacoan??

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We're thinking of trying to breed our female Blue (who bullies our male Blue) with our Red. That's close enough to RWB for me!

WhiskeyTango

5 Year Member
chacoans get 5 + and 20 something pounds making them the largest of the tegus.

Reds and black and whites are the 2nd largest.

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
The outcome would hopefully become a Giant RedxBlue. I think it's cool. I did some research on Dave's numbers and he is correct that they could breed down to 945. I don't believe the underbite is a characteristic of inbreeding though, if so many young ones don't have it, but adults do, then the reasoning is backwards and kicks itself in the teeth. But anyway, blues are out there, and there aren't as many as other kinds of tegus. It's too bad that you can kill a blue, skin it, dry, it and export it completely legally, but you can't get a live one out to try and help it's species thrive. Lord knows that idea comes with that crazy "logic" stuff.

COWHER

5 Year Member
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=840">http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=840</a><!-- m -->

DanRC30

5 Year Member
Yea, he's talking about the same pair I was trying to buy... they said they had a local buyer and they'd get bback to me if it fell through... guess it's a small world... :-/

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
wow small world, lol. I'm guessing you're talking about the girl out in california the fremont area.

DanRC30

5 Year Member
Yup. I was going to buy them 4 months ago, but I had a very unfortunate set of circumstances occur which prevented me from buying them... now things are stabilized and I'm able to get them... I contacted her a few weeks ago and found out they were still available, but right after I inquired, someone local showed up that was interested... namely you... :-/

It's not as big deal though... the female is badly scarred and as you said, the male is very dark... not a very attractive pair... I would prefer a much nicer looking girl, but I need something for my male... I guess we'll see how this one plays out...

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ya she is beat up but healed really nicely. Plus scares dont pass on through gentics but the fact that she got through all that and still looks health is what impresses me. I'm not looking for color just good diposition and temperment, along with strong health. Orgianlly i was going to out cross with either a blue cross but hey might as well work with a blue as well.

DanRC30

5 Year Member
The problem with scarring is those healed wounds will open up again very easily when breeding if the male decides to be a little rough with her... it could kill her...

COWHER

5 Year Member
you know the more i look at your tegu the more i think that his under bite is from rubbing his nose on glass or banging it on the glass or ceiling to try to get out. i say this because look at the scale behind the nose scale it looks buckled to me kinda like the nose scale has been pushed in. just wanted to add that. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980