• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Varnyard 2012 Reds

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It is from the article...where did the paradox quote idea come from? That's how rumors start. If it isn't first hand information....well...it just get twisted around.

As for the other...I wouldn't be too happy about an animal that died within a week, refunded or not.

Irishgrl

Just out of curiosity, members who said they ordered a black and white and were waiting, did you ever receive it? We put our deposit down in January. I followed up in April with a few questions as this was a gift for my son. Then I contacted him again in July. He stated that they had hatched but the weather was preventing him from sending out and I undersood as here in NJ we had quite a hot summer. He asked for me to pay the balance so that he could ship it right out and he sent out the invoice and I paid it. I followed up again in August, and he stopped returning my emails. I did get him on the phone one more time where he stated that he had 700 orders he needed to get out and they were going in order. He was short with me, not nasty but short, and I said could I please follow up in a week or so to see if he had a more specific date and he said yes. After that he never returned an email or a message again. Then in Oct. I saw that he was accepting deposits for 2013 hatchlings. I tried calling and emailing again with no response and began to look into him some more and found complaints that were placed starting Aug. 2012. Just this past week the phone number is no longer a working number. My son is a teenager and is very passionate about reptiles. We started with smaller lizards and this was his dream come true! He is high functioning autistic but still very hard to get him to understand why Spyro isn't here etc. I breaks my heart too because he custom built his habitat and worked very hard and put aa lot of money into making half of his room Spyro's. Mr. Hill took a lot more than just our money and my son's pet (family member). I was reading on here people saying be patient etc and we were very patient and now there is no working phone number. We live in NJ but I did file a complaint with the BBB and Consumer Affairs in Fla. I am hoping that someone reads this and does not see other people saying be patient you will get it, he has had our money since Jan and paid in full for 5 months and we do not have my son's tegu. He stopped returning emails as soon as he was paid in full and he stopped picking up the phone and returning calls also. Now the number is not a working number but his site is says he is accepting deposits for 2013 hatchlings and on another forum someone last week contacted him in regard to a purchase via email and he replied. Do NOT do business unless you are going to pay upon delivery and that isn't going to be allowed to happen. I researched him and in Dec 2011 and Jan 2012 all I saw was great reviews and videos and my son fell in love instantly. I can't put into words the heartbreak. I am hoping to get him a hatchling from a reputable breeder although now we are scared to death, and he can work with him and have him tame. I wish I found the fauna threads and tegu talk earlier, I would have only been out my deposit and would have had time to get my son a black & white and he would never had known and been hurt.

Bntegus

Irishgrl said:
Just out of curiosity, members who said they ordered a black and white and were waiting, did you ever receive it? We put our deposit down in January. I followed up in April with a few questions as this was a gift for my son. Then I contacted him again in July. He stated that they had hatched but the weather was preventing him from sending out and I undersood as here in NJ we had quite a hot summer. He asked for me to pay the balance so that he could ship it right out and he sent out the invoice and I paid it. I followed up again in August, and he stopped returning my emails. I did get him on the phone one more time where he stated that he had 700 orders he needed to get out and they were going in order. He was short with me, not nasty but short, and I said could I please follow up in a week or so to see if he had a more specific date and he said yes. After that he never returned an email or a message again. Then in Oct. I saw that he was accepting deposits for 2013 hatchlings. I tried calling and emailing again with no response and began to look into him some more and found complaints that were placed starting Aug. 2012. Just this past week the phone number is no longer a working number. My son is a teenager and is very passionate about reptiles. We started with smaller lizards and this was his dream come true! He is high functioning autistic but still very hard to get him to understand why Spyro isn't here etc. I breaks my heart too because he custom built his habitat and worked very hard and put aa lot of money into making half of his room Spyro's. Mr. Hill took a lot more than just our money and my son's pet (family member). I was reading on here people saying be patient etc and we were very patient and now there is no working phone number. We live in NJ but I did file a complaint with the BBB and Consumer Affairs in Fla. I am hoping that someone reads this and does not see other people saying be patient you will get it, he has had our money since Jan and paid in full for 5 months and we do not have my son's tegu. He stopped returning emails as soon as he was paid in full and he stopped picking up the phone and returning calls also. Now the number is not a working number but his site is says he is accepting deposits for 2013 hatchlings and on another forum someone last week contacted him in regard to a purchase via email and he replied. Do NOT do business unless you are going to pay upon delivery and that isn't going to be allowed to happen. I researched him and in Dec 2011 and Jan 2012 all I saw was great reviews and videos and my son fell in love instantly. I can't put into words the heartbreak. I am hoping to get him a hatchling from a reputable breeder although now we are scared to death, and he can work with him and have him tame. I wish I found the fauna threads and tegu talk earlier, I would have only been out my deposit and would have had time to get my son a black & white and he would never had known and been hurt.

i have some gaints that where born in june there are around 24'' now i will give you one for free i just dont like that guy and that was my whole reason was the deposit thing someone needs to put there foot in his a$$ please email me [email protected]

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
File an IC3 complaint for internet crime. Two years ago, he was a much more dependable business and had been for years. That is why you see favorable reviews for him. He seemed to have a bad year one year and then just fell apart.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bntegus said:
Irishgrl said:

i have some gaints that where born in june there are around 24'' now i will give you one for free i just dont like that guy and that was my whole reason was the deposit thing someone needs to put there foot in his a$$ please email me [email protected]

That's awesome of you Billy!!

mattlagrone19

I still havent gotten my black and white also so i know how u feel... I kinda wana show up at his front door with my wrist wraped up like a boxer and take his chin off lol...

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I guess I've waiting long enough, huh? Giving bobby benefit of the doubt...thinking he just ran into tough times. I think I'll be filing a complaint too...not in any hope to get my animal or money back of course, but just to hopefully prevent further scamming. :(

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Irishgrl

Thank you, I will file the internet crime complaint. I don't understand how someone could get away with some many counts of fraud or theft. Billy, I sent you a PM. Your offer is amazing, but how can I expect you to have to pay for his fraud? You did make me cry though lol. I won't lie. I didn't know about the IC3 complaints. but now that I do hopefully by doing that it wil save someone else. It was all the positive reviews and videos that I saw in Nov, Dec 2011 and finally Jan 2012 that sealed it for us. I think if we did something on hat lever so when people typed in varnyard or tegus etc, anything that showed Mr. Hill's name to be directed to these boards would be very beneficial to other people who will be his future victims. Like i said his site does say accepting 2013 deposits. :/ Thank you for all the great information and the amazing offer. I am very grateful.

ReptileGuy

todeyius said:
I'm giving up on my Varnyard deposits today.

Anyone aware of any breeders that currently have nice looking red babies and actually run real businesses?

Fass Farms
512-630-6125

That is where I got flux from :D He is great! All of his tegus are 100% sexed.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I think most of us who were robbed by bobby have gotten babies elsewhere :)

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Irishgrl

Filed my IC3 against Bobby Hill ( Varnyard Herps) today. I really hope this stops anyone else from getting scammed. We didn't realize it in time, Call us naieve, I just never ever saw this coming.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think this whole situation took a lot of people by surprise. I'm one of those who used to recommend him highly. But when he didn't deliver in 2011 or refund money, I was hoping it was just a bad year. Now it is just snowballing.

ReptileGuy

Skeetzy said:
You do realize he asked that over 3 months ago, and already has another tegu? Lol

Ya I knew he had MacGyver...I thought he was getting him a wife lol Wasn't looking at the dates.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ReptileGuy said:
Skeetzy said:
You do realize he asked that over 3 months ago, and already has another tegu? Lol

Ya I knew he had MacGyver...I thought he was getting him a wife lol Wasn't looking at the dates.

Yea, he's also banned from Tegu Talk for a reason I don't know. Personally, I don't think he should have been banned. Probably had something to do with him bashing Bobby.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No he was banned for bashing me and Josh, and repeated foul language even after he was asked to stop, and then making fake accounts to do the same.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced