• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Varnyard 2012 Reds

Scott Hogge

I'm giving up on my Varnyard deposits today.

Anyone aware of any breeders that currently have nice looking red babies and actually run real businesses?

Melissa

5 Year Member
Well I know how you feel, but I also know Bobby is probably very busy. It is hard being patient sometimes lol.

apocalypse910

todeyius said:

Anyone aware of any breeders that currently have nice looking red babies and actually run real businesses?

This is definitely your call but I'd be patient. He has certainly had some issues last year and may not have handled it well communication wise but he is not out to scam anyone. I just received an amazing extreme from him and couldn't be happier. I believe reds hatch later in the year than the rest, there is no reason to think that he won't come through then.

Now I'm going to duck out of this thread before the usual war breaks out :p

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Let's please not turn this into a discussion of past events concerning Varnyard Herps. That poor dead horse just cannot be beat any more! ;)

If you have information that contribute to the current clutch of reds, that would be great.

todeyius, you would lose your deposit, is this correct? If so, I would wait a bit longer so that you do not forfeit your money paid.

larissalurid

todeyius said:

I am getting an extreme from him in a week or two. He is a real business, he's always gotten back to my emails as well as calling me to talk on the phone for at least an hour recently to tell me everything going on lately. Recently a bunch of people received their extremes and I talked to him the day they shipped where he was working from 5am to 230am when he called me that night. He has 600 animals that need to be shipped out and they take 3 weeks after hatching to do so. He will ask for the final payment when yours hatched, but not all have even hatched yet, never mind got old enough to ship out.
Bobby actually started this tegu thread before giving it to a new person to take over. Just be patient, there are lots of people who made me nervous on here as well thinking I wouldn't be getting my tegu. If you are that concerned just give him a call and he will get back to you if he isn't there. He got back to me the same day that I called recently.

bmx3000max

i cant count how many times ive heard this i was in your shoes i waited a year since i orderd mine after the 2011 breading season and i eventuly got mine you just have to wait wich is the killer but trust me it will be worth it. he may somtimes be hard to contact but trust me when i spoke to him over the phone for over a hour i was reasured, bobbys a great guy and when push comes to shove he'll give you as much advice and help as possible,

bonedoc

I'm waiting for a high contrast red as well. I spoke to Bobby after the extreme giants hatched as we are getting one of each. The reds hatch much later than the extreme giants, July-August. Be patient, he is a very busy guy. Your new baby will be worth the wait. As was previously said, you can always call him or email him. He will answer as soon as he can.

Burke

I know, I talked to him Monday and he said they should be hatched by Tuesday because that would be 62 days.

Burke

Ya their reds look nice, I just want to know if varnyards reds hatched or if there was a problem. So if there was a problem I can look around and find another red while they are available.

kellen.watkins

Be careful with underground I have ordered two tegus from them and never had a "smooth experience" with them. One instance they messed up the order and wound up chasing a fed ex truck til 8 at night. The other instance the tegu came in bad shape. I've had one dealing with Bobby and it went well no issues reds hatch later be calm anxious ones lol

Burke

Im calm, the only reason Im a little stressed is because I talked to him on the 22nd and he said the will hatch by the 24th which would be 62 days and if they didn't then something is wrong. Since then I have not been able to get in contact with him.

DoctorPepper4

5 Year Member
well i know the feeling ive been waiting since april i call him on april 20th 2012 he said he ships out in three weeks so i paid him in Full june came nothing i called him he told me he didnt have me in his books i emailed him a copy of my payment and then he said july july came and went nothing so now im going to call him and ask for my money back my dad a lawyer and said since i have all the emails of him saying in july and we already in August he broke the verbal contract im just waiting for him to pick up the phone he never answers he needs to learn how to treat paying customers better....SHAME ON YOU BOBBY YOU NEED BETTER PEOPLE SKILLS...

agv0008

DoctorPepper4 said:
well i know the feeling ive been waiting since april i call him on april 20th 2012 he said he ships out in three weeks so i paid him in Full june came nothing i called him he told me he didnt have me in his books i emailed him a copy of my payment and then he said july july came and went nothing so now im going to call him and ask for my money back my dad a lawyer and said since i have all the emails of him saying in july and we already in August he broke the verbal contract im just waiting for him to pick up the phone he never answers he needs to learn how to treat paying customers better....SHAME ON YOU BOBBY YOU NEED BETTER PEOPLE SKILLS...

This post (along with many others) got me thinking...

Every time someone complains about Bobby, people chime in and say thinks like "he is a busy man, he hatches over 600 animals, ect.."

Assuming all the tegus are B&W (I know they are not) and selling for $150 each:

600X150= $90,000 <- conservative estimate

I don't think it would be a bad idea to hire a high school kid for 10 bucks an hour in the summer to answer the phone and keep a simple spreadsheet that keeps track of the customers. It could potentially do wonders for his business.

However (in Bobby's defense), until the whole country stops constantly wanting his animals, he doesn't really have to change anything. He sells so many of these things and I know no matter how mad I get about lack of contact, as soon as I open that box I will be so happy that none of this will matter.

The breeding and selling of tegu hatchlings is definitely a seller's market. The demand is so high and there is little competition. This allows vendors to do pretty much whatever they want.

Additionally, it is my fault for asking who breeds the best tegus (then buying one) without researching the breeder's customer service reputation. I am spoiled with my Amazon prime account where I can click whatever I want and it shows up in a day or two.

Just my thoughts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny