• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Varnyard 2012 Reds

tommylee22

Could be as simple as he wants to ship in bulk and there was heat advisories in other parts of the country(fact) and to make a trip to the post office for one or two animals may not be as cost effective as shipping a lot more in a bulk. You got to think like business person, I would wait till I could wrangle up a large shipment before making the trip if the post office was posibly saying the east coast has a heat advisory and they suggested waiting. He's not a small time breeder with only a couple clients hes shipping a ton of animals and caring for them all at the same time, cut him some slack, his Tegu's are the best and he must be doing something right to get on the level that he is.

DoctorPepper4

5 Year Member
tommylee22 said:
My 2cents, I'm a huge fan of Bobby!! the guy shipped and called a few times checking to be sure I picked up at post office, my wife spoke with him and was happy to hear how concerned he was about wanting to know the animal arrived ok. I think he puts the animals first over peoples wants(whats a extra week or two?). You will get your tegu. I put my deposit down first few days of March and was told they could hatch as early as May and as late as Jun. then 3 weeks after hatching he would ship. He did exactly what he said he would do but he did check weather with me first before he shipped. Fact is there has been crazy heat waves all up and down the East coast.

IDK maybe I was just one of the lucky ones but Bobby is a straight forward guy and I would order from him again.

i guess you was lucky but im an honest person i dont need to lie...he has been giving me the run around for the longest and im still waiting..thats fine that you put the animal first never had a problem with that never will...its the lies how you gonna tell me heat wave and i live in florida i live in homestead by the everglades and if there was a heat wave the everglades gets it first then you rush me off the phone cause he knows it and i know it hes been giving me the run around i would have never gave him the payment if i knew i had to wait till july he said three weeks and then lied to me told me i was hearing **** then july now we in august now i bet you anything ill have to wait till september...this dude lies to ******* much...you got lucky

Skeetzy said:
Ujarak said:
Watched the video...i wonder if he realizes that in one sentence he told u there is a shipping hold in florida right now and in another said he has to take a call of someone who he just shipped a tegu to.

He said he shipped tegu's out yesterday. Phone call was placed on August 1st, correct? Well the recorded high of the day in Pensacola, FL was 86*. He said when it's over 90* he can't ship I believe I read on this forum. Who's to say he didn't ship tegu's out the day before? It would've been possible.

Also, I think everyone just needs to relax. I agree, he should hire someone to handle his emails/phone calls/etc. I did it for someone at a local paintball store all of high school, and the store didn't make nearly what Bobby does. But, he's clearly a man who is set on running a business by himself. Nothing anyone says really changes it, and he still makes his sales, so you're really just wasting your time bitching and stressing yourself out.

Everyone has to remember, it's the animals Bobby waits on, and cares about. He can't control when they lay the eggs, or when the eggs hatch. It's all in the animals hands. When he tells you "hatch in May/June, ship 3 weeks after hatching" is just a general statement, as that's his guess for when they're usually ready. He tells you everything you need to know from the get go.

I'm just as antsy as the next guy waiting for my tegu from Bobby to come. Hopefully mine ships this week, at the 3 week mark, but if not, oh well. It will come. I haven't gotten worked up, pissed off, or stressed out over this whole ordeal. Just extremely anxious since putting my deposit down on mine nearly 5 months ago. Everyone lets this anxiety build up into frustration about something they chose to get into. A simple search into the forum to read about Varnyard would've prepared you for this whole mess.

first of all i didnt know about this form just found out about a couple days ago....second i spoke to him on the phone april 20 2012 and told me he the only breeder that will ship in 3 weeks i look around and nobody was shipping in 3 weeks so i paid him full amount the he said i'll call you and keep you posted never did when i called him back he said i never received any payments from you i lost it then i emailed him a copy of my paypal and he saw i did mack the payment he was quite quiet he knew he up cause he shipped already instead of telling me i up would you like your money back(god knows at this point i had enough of bobby excuses and bullshit i would of said hell yea) but no he said last week of july i waited till august 1st and still nothing i called and another lie....dude i'll complain vent what ever it takes for bobby can realize he up cause he reads all these forms

Ujarak said:
July 31 the highest temp was 87 in pesacola and aug 1 it was 86....so why could he ship the day before but not on a day that was cooler...

and youre absolutely right im glad somebody in here realized the weather cause if 86 is a heat wave then im really screwed cause today its 88 lololol

anelk002

5 Year Member
I don't understand where u keep gettin April from. There are no eggs that hatch by then it takes almost 2 months after they are laid so April means they are laid in February while they are still hibernating. I'm pretty sure u heard him wrong. Secondly I put ky deposit down in the beginning of January and got the email July 10 they hatched so I was supposed to get mine last week I called to make sure he said he couldn't bc of whether but will hopefully get it out next week. Yes I was hoping to get it then but u have to be patient id rather wait two weeks and have it safe than earlier and dead. Just be patient

DoctorPepper4

5 Year Member
anelk002 said:
I don't understand where u keep gettin April from. There are no eggs that hatch by then it takes almost 2 months after they are laid so April means they are laid in February while they are still hibernating. I'm pretty sure u heard him wrong. Secondly I put ky deposit down in the beginning of January and got the email July 10 they hatched so I was supposed to get mine last week I called to make sure he said he couldn't bc of whether but will hopefully get it out next week. Yes I was hoping to get it then but u have to be patient id rather wait two weeks and have it safe than earlier and dead. Just be patient

april is when i called him and thats when he said three weeks so i was suppose to to get it june then he said july now august thats the run around to me he knows i live in florida if i drove to underground to pick up my asian water monitor why not drive to pick up my tegu what pisses me off is all the lies i live in florida there is no heat advisory...and i have no choice but to wait cause he wont refund my money back...i aint letting him keep 150.00 come on now...its the principle if i give you a date it should be there thats all...

DomoniqueN

laurarfl said:
Watch the language, please.

I've been waiting for an extreme and Bobby couldn't send it due to the heat. I confirmed through a friend who works for USPS that they will not ship to Nevada and a few other states. They will ship to California but the weather in Sacramento has been well over 90. I just keep bugging him and eventually he answers the phone and/or returns my calls. You can contact the post office and try to find a suitable alternative where Bobby can ship your tegu but even if the post office will ship he won't do it if the temps are over 90. It's not easy being patient.

Skeetzy

http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/USFL0399?month=-1

Pensacola, Fl's observed temps for July. Not too many shipping days under 90*.

And no offense, your spelling is horrendous, which leads me to believe your listening skills aren't too much better. I don't think you realize you're waiting on the animals to lay/hatch, and the post office to allow him to ship. I don't care if someone takes this as rude, but you clearly are just as thick-headed towards what you were told as Bobby is towards hiring help. He told you, just like everyone else, the eggs hatch AROUND may/June and ship 3 weeks later. Not that you'd be getting it 3 weeks after your deposit. You're the one who misread what he said and sent him the payment too early. Not to mention how late you placed your deposit. There's many more of us waiting for them that placed the deposits well before you. You're stirring up a huge commotion because you can't accept the fact you didn't listen correctly, min-interpreted the information, and have no patience.

Burke

First of all the black & whites and extremes are a different story.... We know they hatched. On the other hand the reds didnt hatch and are not going to hatch because they went bad.. I just want a refund.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't care who can spell or not. But let's set the F bombs aside. We have a lot of posters who have English a second language and some people just aren't natural spellers. That shouldn't make someone feel like they can't contribute.

jwyo

Part of the issue I see is that even though many carriers/shippers check the heat at the destination, but not transfer points. Most of my shipments go through memphis, so in theory it can be 80 here and where the shipper is and 95 in memphis. Also most of the times I have ordered the seller would ship out later in the evening, around 7-8 pm, and I would receive before 10 am. Little chance of over heating if shipped during those times.

ReptiiGuys

ya im going to get a nice red tegu from undergroundreptiles you should probably get one their. They have some nice reds.
http://undergroundreptiles.com/

bonedoc

I see alot of people flaming bobby here and it is getting so old to see. As stated by some previous posters weare all playing a waiting game. We are all waiting on animals to lay and hatch. It is not by any means an exact science. Plus there have been alot of shipping advisories and restrictions due to the heat, especially through the USPS which is what Bobby uses. People need to realize that Bobby cares more about the animals than shipping them when they are not ready or could perish because of temperatures. I think alot of people need to stop wining on the forum. If you really want an answer pick up the phone and call him. Make sure you leave a message, he is to busy to check caller id's for those that call and hang up. He is a busy guy, he does this on his own, could he use help, yes, but in this current economic climate, as a small business owner myself...you do it all. The things we don't see on here are the other things he deals with. Like people demanding that animals ship when not ready and still have a live arrival guarantee, people placing deposits and when asked to pay the balance waiting it back, etc. We are talking about a breeder that deals with upwards of a 1000 hatchlings each season...try it people...it is alot of work.
Now I personally spoke to Bobby three different times on the phone yesterday, maybe I was lucky...and just caught him at the right time. I've had my deposits in since the 2011 season which unfortunately went belly up for Bobby. I was waiting for an extreme giant and a high contrast red. We decided to go with an extreme giant and an all american instead. So I spoke to Bobby yesterday, confirmrd everything, confirmed the shipping date, all squared away.
Point being...if you have questions, call him, deal with the vendor, maturely and professionally. He is too busy to hold your hand while waiting for his eggs to hatch and taking care of what he has. So don't expect it. All of us are going to Varnyard for one thing...he has some of the best stock in the business. Period...end of story. He has only so many hatchlings each season, the demand for hatchlings is high, put in your deposit and get in line. People also need to remember that Bobby unfortunately lost most of his hatchlings last year...alot of those people are still in line. Why, not because Bobby is their social butterfly, because he produces some of the best babies. We are all adults here, supposedly. To say you didn't know what you were getting into here is as inexcusable as saying you didn't know you could get pregnant without birth control. Come on people, move on. There are better topics to debate and discuss.

jwyo

Being busy and slammed at work is hardly an excuse for poor customer service. And to say just because he has good stock you need to deal with whatever crap he wants to feed you is BS. This forum is here because of issues exactly like this. To discuss good and bad aspects of animals, products, and dealers. Fan boys saying someone has to get over it and grow up, is exactly the same as them "flaming" him. Your experience is a statistical factor of 1. It is hardly representative of the customer service complaints I have read, and I read many many more poor reviews of his customer service than good ones. The quality of his animals means nothing, if he treats his animals any where close to what he treats his customers like, then its not a very attractive business transaction.

FWIW- i dont know bobby, nor have I done any business with him. This is just general observations about what I have read on the internet, here and on other forums.

bonedoc

You state the point in your response, you have never dealt with him. As for those that do, poor customer service...in some eyes..is what your going to get. You know this, so don't complain when it happens.

Carnicero

I just received an extreme from Bobby last Tuesday. First time doing buisness with the man and any time Ive tried contacting him he answered wether it be through phone or email. I know it sucks to wait for your tegu as I went through all the same motions I had to wait an extra week because my temps were to hot at the time but sure enough when the temps cooled off the following week Bobby came through big time with a beautiful baby Tegu that Ive already fallen in love with. As a first time buyer from Bobby Hill I can say nothing wrong about the guy and wouldnt hesitate buying another from him if I ever get the space for it.

TeguLouie

i purchased my extreme giant from bobby back in 2011 and i have to say that i had absolutely no issues. i live in california and so the time difference was not even a problem. the first call i ever made to bobby i didn't realize that it was 1 o'clock in the morning for him, i left a message saying to call me back any time and he called me as soon as he woke up, we talked for about an hour about what kind of animal i wanted and what i needed to be ready for. i can say that bobby has been fantastic and i constantly refer others to him when asked where i got my GU. bobby loves his animals and is doing everything he can, as others have stated he is very busy and if he needs to hire someone else its his choice as the business owner. i am extremely happy with all of my dealings with bobby, and i will gladly purchase my next GU from him without a second thought.

tommylee22

In my opinion Bobby is the best point blank. If you can't wait till he feels it's safe to ship the animals and he risk the health of the animal for your own selfish reasons then buy from some online importer where you don't know what you get or where it came from but it for sure arrives when you want it reguardless of its well being.

Burke

You guys are missing the point, there are going to be no 2012 reds... They went bad. Bobby has been ignoring my calls since july 24th... I dont think thats him being busy, thats pure avoidance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980