• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sai my Extreme Giant (Chaco White Giant)

karljr2k4

Hi All just wanted to give a update on Sai! He is now 5 months and getting big! i put the s3 for a size comparison. these pics are from last month. i would take newer ones but it seems like he has started his hibernation. he has gone down and has not came back up yet. i was told yearlings and older hibernate but i guess that is not the case! anyone else tegu has started their slumber?

Attachments

• IMAG0379.jpg
    IMAG0379.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 109
  • IMAG0380.jpg
    IMAG0380.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 100
  • IMAG0381.jpg
    IMAG0381.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 106

Midwestmonster

5 Year Member
Mine has started disappearing a couple days at a time, eating less, but still likes to come out occasionally. I keep temps up to normal.

karljr2k4

Hey all i know its been a while since my last post but im back! so a little update i moved to Japan and if you are wondering "YES" i took Sai with me! not at 1st he spent 3 months at a reptile store in California who took extremely good care of him. after all the import/export permits for the USA and Japan was done i had him shipped over. and i received him last week Sunday.he is now 10 months old! 3 months is a long time but it seems like he remembers me. i took him out side to run around in the yard "which was a bad idea" because he got really wild so i had to catch me crocodile hunter style with a towel over his head so he would not bite me. i guess he still has not gotten use to me yet.

Attachments

• 20140501_171615.jpg
    20140501_171615.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 93
  • 20140501_173411.jpg
    20140501_173411.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 20140501_173739.jpg
    20140501_173739.jpg
    510.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 20140501_173749.jpg
    20140501_173749.jpg
    532.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 20140501_174120.jpg
    20140501_174120.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 88
Hi there, I wouldn't feed crickets. They are about as nutrious to them as fast food is to us. My guy likes a variety including Dubias, Supr Worms, tillipia, blue berries, rat pinkies, eggs, he likes his whole prey food the best

HAH ! My dude loves SUPER WORMS ! In fact I think he prefers that over anything else. He also eats Dubias, rat pups, fish, chicken, he loves whole prey. Not too big on the fruits but still trying with it. If it was between meal worms and supers, supers are better. Horn worms are great treats every now and then. It helps when you breed all the bugs for your guy, unlimited buffet ! lol

sage

I have had good luck with my little one eating ground turkey squash and grapes mixed together...I can't get mine to eat any kinds of worms any suggestions?

Hi Sage, that is pretty cool, my guy is stubborn with any " meat ball " meals lol. I tried doing ground turkey with graps and squash exactly and no luck. I probably have a good 50 meat balls in my freezer lol. I am guessing from the sound of it you have tried several kinds of worms. Do you just place the worms in a dish and let him try at his leisure ? I started playing a little game with my guy with super worms. With all my reptiles super worms I feel are more beneficial then just meal worms. On top of that, they also should be moving ALOT ! That is why I think my guy likes them so much, he likes the hunt. I started off taking him out of his enclosure and just tossing one at a time as he scoops them up and gobbles them. Then I would throw another one further away so he had to run for it. Depending on the size of your tegu if you try and give them bigger sized worms then might not be appropriate they will lose interest as well. Maybe if he/ she is being picky wait a couple days before feeding and try to throw a couple supers one at a time on the floor and see if he takes.. I dust mine all in calcium each time as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced