• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sai my Extreme Giant (Chaco White Giant)

karljr2k4

Hey all I wanted to introduce you to Sai my Hatchling i got from Underground Reptiles. He hatched last tuesday!

Attachments

• 20130703_162656.jpg
    20130703_162656.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 319
  • 20130703_162729.jpg
    20130703_162729.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 288
  • 20130703_162759.jpg
    20130703_162759.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 278

karljr2k4

he is eating like a champ! what else should i feed him besides crickets and meal-worms? some people told me scrambled eggs. i gave him grapes but all he seems to want in crickets and meal-worms.

Logie_Bear

Aw, what a lil cutie! I didn't know underground was producing giants now. He looks very healthy! When my gu was that age she wouldn't touch ground meats. Baby Gus are very movement / prey driven!

karljr2k4

why did no one tell me these guys were excellent escape artist. my baby gu got out from a hole on top of his enclosure that i never imagine he could get too. safe too say he did not get far! for a baby Gu i need taming help. he is only getting older and i do not think he likes me much. what have ya'll done to tame a baby gu? and yes i have read the taming thread.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Uea they r escape artist amd fast, wit tam ing try the shirt trick, talk to him amd pet him always and always be ariund him as they get older they calm down also watch out for pubert and mood swings

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Midwestmonster

5 Year Member
Very cute. I got my yearling a little over a month ago. Didn't get to experience the whole baby stage. It is hard to believe how fast they grow.

karljr2k4

well Sai is growing nice and fat! but i have started to feed him ground turkey with some d3 and he will not even touch it. all he want is crickets. what should i do? wait him out or give in and feed im crickets again?

Logie_Bear

Ezzy would not TOUCH ground meat for about 3 months of my having her as a hatching. I would take a little ball of ground turkey, shove a cricket half-way into it - but so its little legs were still kicking- and trick her into eating ground foods. At the hatchling stage they are very movement-based in their feeding response. If Sai only wants whole-prey right now, there's nothing wrong with feeding a whole-prey diet. Just keep offering different things and eventually she'll get a taste for ground turkey. At Sai's age, my gu's favorites were crickets, hornworms, quail eggs (still a fave), fuzzy mize, 1-day old button quail, and Smelt (little fish).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980