• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sai my Extreme Giant (Chaco White Giant)

karljr2k4

Ezzy would not TOUCH ground meat for about 3 months of my having her as a hatching. I would take a little ball of ground turkey, shove a cricket half-way into it - but so its little legs were still kicking- and trick her into eating ground foods. At the hatchling stage they are very movement-based in their feeding response. If Sai only wants whole-prey right now, there's nothing wrong with feeding a whole-prey diet. Just keep offering different things and eventually she'll get a taste for ground turkey. At Sai's age, my gu's favorites were crickets, hornworms, quail eggs (still a fave), fuzzy mize, 1-day old button quail, and Smelt (little fish).
ok so i will try the crickets method ! and where do you get that other stuff? online?

Logie_Bear

hornworms and frozen feeders I got online.
The weird stuff like quail eggs, weird fish, and weird meats I get from a local asian food market!

Logie_Bear

do you cook the quail eggs? and how often do you give them the other stuff? also wat website do you use?

I actually just wash off the outside of the shell and feed them to her raw. If you look up my posts there a vid around her somewhere of her eating them and making a mess. :p

Logie_Bear

If you have trouble finding Calcium without D3 (I know NONE of my local places carry it) I got mine from Pangeareptile.com

Tyler137

If you have trouble finding Calcium without D3 (I know NONE of my local places carry it) I got mine from Pangeareptile.com
Yeah had to order mine online as well. Thanks for that site though, they have the heat tape pretty cheap and they set it up with the clips for free if you want them to. Will definitely be buying that for my dubia roaches.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced