• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sai my Extreme Giant (Chaco White Giant)

jtrux

5 Year Member
I don't think there's anything wrong with offering it daily, however, I would encourage you to continue offering a variety as well.

karljr2k4

here is some pics of Sai taken today! after his soak i put him in his enclosure and if i try to touch him he asks like he does not know me! lol!

Attachments

• IMAG0023.jpg
    IMAG0023.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • IMAG0021.jpg
    IMAG0021.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52

karljr2k4

so i have a problem. i have been doing this taming of sai and i thought it was going well.....today i came home from work and when sai saw me he ran into his hide (which he never does) so i thought that was strange. then after i went and get him out for his soak (because he was shedding he actually BIT me.(again which he has never done). he is now 1 month and 1 week. an i doing something wrong?

v.panoptes

so i have a problem. i have been doing this taming of sai and i thought it was going well.....today i came home from work and when sai saw me he ran into his hide (which he never does) so i thought that was strange. then after i went and get him out for his soak (because he was shedding he actually BIT me.(again which he has never done). he is now 1 month and 1 week. an i doing something wrong?
well you made the mistake of retrieving it out of its hide. you shouldn't retrieve the animal out of its hide because, because their hide is supposed to be their place of safety

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Give him time stay by the enclosure keep your hamd in there give him a shirt the u wore for a fee days

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Midwestmonster

5 Year Member
This is why I like front opening cages instead of glass tanks. One thing that worked with my leopard gecko was just putting my hand in there everyday and moving around. I did that with Camilla in the beginning. (Still trying to get her used to me rubbing her head, lol) The animal honestly has to recognize you has safe, Come in slowly from the opposite end of the tank. Let them come to you and investigate, It is honestly just going to take time. Just be patient.

Front opening cages are really ideal. I noticed how quickly my bearded dragon came around after moving her from a 40 gallon tank to a 3ft enclosure.

cashmoney24

I like Underground...they do good videos. I feed Merle, ground turkey, salmon, tilapia, catfish, and rainbow trout. as well as the occasional F/T mouse. Merle loves him some salmon!!!

karljr2k4

This is why I like front opening cages instead of glass tanks. One thing that worked with my leopard gecko was just putting my hand in there everyday and moving around. I did that with Camilla in the beginning. (Still trying to get her used to me rubbing her head, lol) The animal honestly has to recognize you has safe, Come in slowly from the opposite end of the tank. Let them come to you and investigate, It is honestly just going to take time. Just be patient.

Front opening cages are really ideal. I noticed how quickly my bearded dragon came around after moving her from a 40 gallon tank to a 3ft enclosure.
yea i think i will invest in that for my next enclosure! and i understand. i have been taking it slow. i have my shirt in there . he will let me touch his tail. so i guess i am making progress

karljr2k4

Hey all! i just wanted to give an update on Sai! he is growing so fast! hard to believe he is only 2 months! so he has calmed down alot! he no longer eats bugs. i tried his Fav (crickets) and he would not eat a single one. it was a happy day for me! now he eats scrambled eggs with fruits and veggies. ground turkey, and talapia. and once in a while i will give him some liver. here is a few pics of him.

Attachments

• IMAG0258.jpg
    IMAG0258.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
  • IMAG0245.jpg
    IMAG0245.jpg
    945.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMAG0223.jpg
    IMAG0223.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
  • IMAG0222.jpg
    IMAG0222.jpg