• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Roy x Purdy babies are hatching!!

Tux

5 Year Member
Sky is old so judging based on that pic is kinda useless, it's like judging a hooker after her thousandth customer :p Bobby has said she was even better than purdy when she was young.

Richard21

5 Year Member
I can't de
Tux said:
Sky is old so judging based on that pic is kinda useless, it's like judging a hooker after her thousandth customer :p Bobby has said she was even better than purdy when she was young.

So our you saying Bobby is like A "Pimp" and his tegus are his hookers? Haha just messing.

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Have you compared the hatchlings. I think Purdy's look better but tegus change. When i talked with Bobby I had first learned about sky and i had to make decision. Both Roy but different females. So I asked him what he thought and all he could say is" Well, both females are very nice". I cant blame him though because i know i couldnt pick favorites even if it was strictly by color. Do you have any old photos when she looked nicer than Purdy, Tux. I would like to see a tegu Purdier then Ms Purdy. lol

Tux

5 Year Member
Don't get me wrong purdy is a great looking tegu and I'd be happy with a baby from either pairing, I wish I had pics of sky as a 3 year old. I do know which ones Bobby held back this year though :) . I have compared the hatchlings and both look great but ya time will tell.

jmiles50

5 Year Member
Seriously :?: I'm kinda blown away by this thread :!: We're all lucky to get tegu's from someone who works so hard to provide us with great tegu's! You can't seriously tell me anyone here has gone to Bobby's and actually looked at all these babies, and compared each of these babies to see which one's are "better" :!: I have a tegu ordered myself, and feel privledged to have 1 coming at all. How about we stop being so demanding, and enjoy the tegu's we get:!:

P.S. there's no way you can really see differences from these :!:

Purdy20x20Roy.jpg

RoyxSky202.jpg

Purdy20x20Roy203.jpg

RoyxSky204.jpg

Purdy20x20Roy202.jpg

RoyxSky205.jpg

RoyxSky203.jpg

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Your a little late because i think that has already been established. When i asked that i was really thinking how he could even do that but anyway that was completely innocent. I didn't mean to sound demanding. Have i said enough.

jmiles50

5 Year Member
It doesn't matter if I'm "late", it's my 2 cents on the issue!!! I know I'm still hearing you talk about which babies are "better". It's just getting really old!!!

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Other people are talking about Sky vs Purdy just for simple talk and saying whats on said persons mind.

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Tux, you think Bobby's holding back any of Purdy's. I think all of Roy's babies( that people have received this season or past seasons) should have pictures taken and posted so we can see how differently they will grow. Do you have any of Roy's babies from past seasons?

jmiles50

5 Year Member
VenomVipe said:
Have you compared the hatchlings. I think Purdy's look better but tegus change. When i talked with Bobby I had first learned about sky and i had to make decision. Both Roy but different females. So I asked him what he thought and all he could say is" Well, both females are very nice". I cant blame him though because i know i couldnt pick favorites even if it was strictly by color. Do you have any old photos when she looked nicer than Purdy, Tux. I would like to see a tegu Purdier then Ms Purdy. lol

I'm done! Like I said, it's my 2 cents!

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
That was a response to what tux was saying about what he thought about the hatchlings. That simple. I feel like im walking on eggshells! lol

Tux

5 Year Member
VenomVipe said:
Tux, you think Bobby's holding back any of Purdy's. I think all of Roy's babies( that people have received this season or past seasons) should have pictures taken and posted so we can see how differently they will grow. Do you have any of Roy's babies from past seasons?

When I talked to him last night he said he wasn't doing any holdbacks on the purdys. Though it would be impossible to get pics of all of them it would be nice of people to post progression pics of the tegus they receive to be able to judge growth rate and I think that's what you mean. No I do not have any babys from Roy previous to this year, the babies I have brought in were the 1st babies from varnyard stock to enter Canada (though I think 1 other person brought in an extreme this year).

As for jmiles50 the purdy's and the skys have different colors of green and obviously 50% different genetics though not a 100% indicator I can surely hypothesize about which will be better as adults. Comparing animals within the same clutch is a different matter.

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Wow. I thought for sure he would hold some back just because it is the first clutch from purdy. And at the same he is holding back animals from a female that has been producing for years now. I am curious to see the reasons behind that but whatever hes doing, he has reasons for. I guess he must have a lot of faith in sky.

jmiles50

5 Year Member
As in my post, I know you can't just look at those pic's and know who the parents are because of their color in photo's. THEY ARE ALL GORGEOUS!!!

Tux

5 Year Member
jmiles50 I'm not just basing my opinion on photos but also what bobby has said to me so unless you are trying to say Bobby is incorrect I can't see how you can argue my opinion. Nowhere did I say I could tell on photos alone...or in photos at all for that matter. As for why he's holding back sky's I think it will be her last year as a breeder and he simply wants to keep those genetics in his lines.

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Oh. I had no idea. i hope the people that got a sky baby know they got the last ones. But IMO having the FIRST purdy baby is still a bit more special.

jmiles50

5 Year Member
If you're not basing your opinion on the photo's and on something Bobby said don't worry about it. I am pointing out people who are! My point is let's let this man do what he does, and be happy with what we get!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam