• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

help needed

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
wil said:
The source would be Ron St. Pierre.

He is the one who accidentally received them. The source would be whoever shipped them. Ron doesn't know the origin of them either.

Wil

5 Year Member
Any chance you have any links with information about Ron not knowing their origin?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
From what I read on the fauna link Laura posted I got that impression considering he called them teguixin. Am I wrong in my thinking?

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I've seen 2 blues for sale advertised as wild caught in the past two or three years if that helps. I don't know if they were really CB or what but they were blues and were advertised as WC.

Wil

5 Year Member
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't black and whites classified as teguixin during that time? I may be wrong, but I know that they were at one time and then later changed to merianae. In all reality he probably is the only one that could shed any light on this. As far as I am concerned, I really don't care where they came from, I'm just glad they are here. I also doubt that they are imported on a regular basis due to the fact that if they were, all the flippers would be selling them because they could get more money for them.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I don't know if they're imported regularly but Predator Reptiles in AZ and Glades Herps have in the past couple of years sold blues advertised as WC.

Wil

5 Year Member
Here is the problem. People could advertise them as wc to make a sale because of all the fuss that has been made about inbreeding, someone buys it thinking that it would be new blood. Just a thought to ponder.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Neither of these sites had them listed on any reptile classifieds other than their websites and neither were very expensive. The female from Glades looked W/C too, so I don't know.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
When you start getting into some of these stories, all you have is third party information. Since none of us were actually there, of course we have "he said, she said." It's a bit of detective work to piece together a puzzle.

And I'm not saying this is what happened, but let's just suppose a "what if" scenario. Let's say that somewhere in the line, something that could possibly be a little less than perfectly legal occurred. Well then, that paper trail may be so covered up that you'll never know the real deal. Now you're talking about a federal offense and no one is giving out any info.

So, all we can do is go back and read the old stories, discuss them, and draw our own conclusions.

Also, we do know that blues are still being imported. There was a group that was imported into the UK recently. Glades has CITES papers, Glades goes to Europe for trade shows or can import. That's believable to me. But I don't think there are mass quantities of them being imported into the US.

Bntegus

laurarfl said:
When you start getting into some of these stories, all you have is third party information. Since none of us were actually there, of course we have "he said, she said." It's a bit of detective work to piece together a puzzle.

And I'm not saying this is what happened, but let's just suppose a "what if" scenario. Let's say that somewhere in the line, something that could possibly be a little less than perfectly legal occurred. Well then, that paper trail may be so covered up that you'll never know the real deal. Now you're talking about a federal offense and no one is giving out any info.

So, all we can do is go back and read the old stories, discuss them, and draw our own conclusions.

Also, we do know that blues are still being imported. There was a group that was imported into the UK recently. Glades has CITES papers, Glades goes to Europe for trade shows or can import. That's believable to me. But I don't think there are mass quantities of them being imported into the US.

i bought some blues form rons first clutch and at that time there was only the six but he got more imports after that so i really cant say how many are brought in but it is a lot more then six. also when i said i have got them in as imports i dont mean 200 of them i have 4 imports and i have looked at a lot of import b&w brought in to find what i have.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980