• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

help needed

Bntegus

ok this is a little how it works when reptiles are imported here. as some of you already know there is a pick of litter we will call. i have a friend that well bring in tegus for me and i pick what i want and he sells the rest there is always good stuff that slips through i can ask for all b&w and get some blues some reds that is how blues first came here as really petty b&w it also cost a lot of money to do this you cant just say i want one lol. does this help im not good at writing as you can tell or spelling lol.

RamblinRose

5 Year Member
Ok, I am in need of some "really high" chest waders right now, if anyone would happen to have a pair for sale? :D
Anyone who knows "anything" about where the USA blues originated from, know Blue Tegu at this time is an unsubscribed subspecies of tegu, their origin is from the Northern part of South America. Their original bloodline was found in a shipment of Colombian tegus. At that time, there were only 6 that came in with that original shipment.

Bntegus

RamblinRose said:
Ok, I am in need of some "really high" chest waders right now, if anyone would happen to have a pair for sale? :D
Anyone who knows "anything" about where the USA blues originated from, know Blue Tegu at this time is an unsubscribed subspecies of tegu, their origin is from the Northern part of South America. Their original bloodline was found in a shipment of Colombian tegus. At that time, there were only 6 that came in with that original shipment.

lol where did you here that from i dont even think you have a clue what you are talking about please school me and prove that only 6 where brought in with t.teguixin lol

RamblinRose

5 Year Member
Bntegus,
Stop trying to classify something you know nothing of. And if you think your so intelligent .....where have you been for so long if you been doing all the things with Tegus you say you have. You are virtually an unknown.
You feel the need for proof, make some contact with the man who originally got them & he can explain all you are saying that is so wrong, and in SO many ways. So, where is all the proof of anything you have been saying... better yet, where are all those pictures everyone wants to see? Ya, I didn't think so...

I really do apologize to everyone else on tegutalk, but it just keeps getting deeper & deeper.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bntegus did you know they were actually classified as tTeguxin for awhile because of that, look it up

Bntegus

RamblinRose said:
Bntegus,
Stop trying to classify something you know nothing of. And if you think your so intelligent .....where have you been for so long if you been doing all the things with Tegus you say you have. You are virtually an unknown.
You feel the need for proof, make some contact with the man who originally got them & he can explain all you are saying that is so wrong, and in SO many ways. So, where is all the proof of anything you have been saying... better yet, where are all those pictures everyone wants to see? Ya, I didn't think so...

I really do apologize to everyone else on tegutalk, but it just keeps getting deeper & deeper.
ill tell you what i have stayed away because i started a family and if you have been around long enough you would no who i im. and ron does not do tegus as you no he does bearded dragons now and he did not bring blues here lol he got lucky and he will tell you that. i will not take any pics because people on here like you will just have **** to talk i dont have anything to prove i no what i have so i will take pics as needed. so where did the blues come from?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
reptastic said:
Bntegus did you know they were actually classified as tTeguxin for awhile because of that, look it up

Any chance you or RamblinRose have any links with information about the origin of the blues in the states?

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RamblinRose said:

I've got chest waders.. Non breathable though, so they smell terrible even after being hand washed regularly. ;)

RamblinRose

5 Year Member
I've got chest waders.. Non breathable though, so they smell terrible even after being hand washed regularly. ;)
[/quote]

LOL, those would do. :rolleyes:

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
james.w said:
reptastic said:

Any chance you or RamblinRose have any links with information about the origin of the blues in the states?

I remember reading about it like 4 years ago, were? Idk, best bet is if anyonewants details, Ron st.pierre is the guy you want to talk too

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Just some interesting stuff, but I don't know if it is anything new:

2007 http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/printthread.php?t=105270&pp=5

2006 http://www.newenglandreptile.com/forums/showthread.php?4855-Poor-Unclassified-Blue-Tegus....&p=40042

lol, check out the mislabelled photos and no mention of a blue tegu http://www.reptilia.net/articulos_ing/027.pdf

2007 http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=1269218,1272761

2007 http://www.thetegu.com/showthread.php?4391-Blue-Tegu-Research
I feel bad posting this last one. It was the ultimate split that created two tegu forums. However, it has interesting information.

Wil

5 Year Member
http://forum.kingsnake.com/tegu/messages/6713.html Here is something that I find interesting. This post is over 10 years old, even though this isn't straight from Ron, it still shows that where they came from didn't just start a few years ago. If I remember right there was something in the Vivarium about Ron and the blues. I'll have to see if I have that one or not. If I do, I'll scan it.

Bntegus, so are you saying all of the blues you have are wild caught? I am a bit confused with some of your posts. Thanks.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, after reading all of the links posted, I still don't see any proof of where exactly the blues came from or how many actually first came in. There is no proof of anything about them, all of it is Tom said this and Jim said that.

This all goes back to as Dana calls it "some guy/girl told me syndrome". Seems like a lot of "I heard this so it must be true".

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
reptastic said:
Like I said before if you really wanna know, go to the source

Well you act like you know, so have you spoke to the source? Who is the source?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980