• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Varnyard 2011 Reds

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There were problems with the black & whites this past season as well, but I am pretty sure he refunded the deposits on them.

entropy

I can completely understand where everyone is coming from. Before all of this happened, I only had respect for Bobby and his business. Things fell apart about a month after I paid the deposit. I tried contacting him on 4 different occasions and posted those emails on another thread here to show that I was nothing but respectful, not aggressive or pushy, simply asking for an update on the reds. I also called several times and left two phone messages asking for an update. If Bobby would have simply said "I'm really having problems this year with the reds," I would have been 100% satisfied with that interaction. But silence was all I received. People on this forum defended him saying he is a busy man... and I'm sure he is (he wasn't too busy to interact with me in taking my deposit, though) but I wasn't the only person having this issue. I suggested if he's too busy to respond to all of us, why not simply post an update on his website for all of us to read? That still would have put me at ease.

I will let you know if and when I receive a refund. I can understand why people will still continue to do business with bobby, and I'm not trying to dissuade that... however, people do deserve to see the good and bad reviews of a business before they decide to give them their money. That's part of building a reputation. I'll NEVER get into this mess again.
James.W:

I'm glad at least someone has spoken to Bobby. But as was said, there aren't two sides of a story when the other people refuses to share his. That's all I ever asked for.

Also, in case Bobby has been reading any of these, the funny thing is if he was having that bad of a year and would have just been open with me or other customers about his misfortune, I probably just would have told him to keep the deposit and not to worry about it. But he didn't, and I'm mad enough to go to Florida small claims court.

I've already tried filing a case with paypal, but because it was after 60 days of the transaction, the above is all I could do. I asked others who did not receive a refund to contact me so that I could file them all together, if it was desired by the other parties.

got10

Has anyone actually had contact with Bobby?
I called him a few times in the past for advice and about an animal that i was purchasing from someone and was confirming if it was from his stock as stated. And he was extremely informative and helpful with advice. So i really cant understand why there has been no contact with people that gave deposits on existing or in the egg animals unless he became the victim of the economy and had to pay some bills hedged the deposits for that purpose.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I really hope he straighten this fiasco he created out, I understand people being angry when they sent their money and got squat in return, I'm sure he knows he didn't handle the situation as he should have, its almost a year later, I think an explanation is far past over due

Dana C

I called him late last summer at least twice. Me voice message said that I wanted to put down a deposit. He never returned the call. I was a would be customer and he was a seller.
Had I put down a deposit, which I never will now, I wouldn't just forget about it if he is having a hard time. This is business. I would want what I paid for. If I could take it to small claims, I would.

If he had problems with Red or whatever, what were they? What happened and why have people on this forum not seen a post from him with an explanation? I don't care how much you love the Tegu anyone bought from him, his silence is inexcusable and reflects poorly on him as reputable dealer and a person to be trusted or believed.

Yes he knows a lot about Tegus. Much of the articles he posted contain information gleaned from PDF's done by different biologists. He is not a legend except in his own mind perhaps, he is a businessman selling a product and bares the same responsibilities that any business person does.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Wow here we go again, we're missing a couple but I'm sure they'll chime in eventually, haven't missed a thread with his name in it yet.

Entropy I don't expect you to do anything less than what you should and I would have filed in small claims a long time ago. He's had more than enough time to get back to you and any one else he hasn't responded to. I have some suggestions and will pm you later.

On another note there's still more than one side to any story whether the other party choses to respond or not. Since he hasn't responded any one can get on here and say who they spoke to, what he said, didn't say or what ever. Just because he's not likely to respond but that doesn't make it true. Some are just eager to take advantage of the situation.

Who know's what will happen with his clutches this year. With that said before I'm late for class,.. people need to do their research before sending money to anybody, good rep or not things change all the time.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If you are referring to me saying I spoke to him, I have emails from him that I posted here. Josh felt it was unnecessary to post them and deleted the thread.

got10

If anyone were to put a deposit on ANYTHING from him at all after seeing what happened last year, they would be taking a HUGE leap of faith. There were rumours in another forum that he didn't get his shipment of animals in from somebody. but , since he is the breeder I don't put any credence into that one ,to he has set up in another location. IDK what is the truth in the matter but I am heading towards the area to visit a ex military buddy of mine and will try to contact him to see what he has available to pick up .

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bubblz Calhoun said:

Entropy I don't expect you to do anything less than what you should and I would have filed in small claims a long time ago. He's had more than enough time to get back to you and any one else he hasn't responded to. I have some suggestions and will pm you later.

I try to stay out of this but I agree 100%. I thought about getting an AA before I bought Gimli, after seeing this mess I don't think I will ever do business with him. I'm glad 2 of mine were local.

entropy

Ok guys, I guess threatening to go to small claims finally got through. He sent me a paypal reimbursement 29 minutes ago.

I appreciate everyone understanding the situation despite your loyalties to Bobby and your desire for the situation to be resolved.

Dana C

Entropy, what an interesting handle. How did you come by it?
I had to look it up,
the degradation of the matter and energy in the universe to an ultimate state of inert uniformity
b : a process of degradation or running down or a trend to disorder

entropy

Dana C said:
Entropy, what an interesting handle. How did you come by it?
I had to look it up,
the degradation of the matter and energy in the universe to an ultimate state of inert uniformity
b : a process of degradation or running down or a trend to disorder

"entropyofmind" has always been my handle. I came up with it during a Physics lecture and it just stuck :) I shortened it for this forum, but I've used it for so long its like a second name to me now. Thanks for noticing!

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You know, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Bobby again. I like his tegus. But I wouldn't put a deposit on any animal that hasn't hatched/arrived yet. That is just my policy, regardless of the seller. It's sort of a counting chickens before they hatch. I'm not saying that buyers that put down a deposit are right or wrong, everyone just has to make a decision for themselves and then work with that decision. A caveat emptor if you will. If you put down a deposit on a 2012 tegu, you just have to wait and see what happens. Obviously you want the tegu. I would be patient and wait for them to hatch. Bobby might come through this year, but we won't know until they hatch.

Entropy, I am glad you got your deposit back.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If I had to guess, I'd say anybody still holding a 2011 deposit will be first in line for a 2012 animal unless they manage to get ahold of Bobby for a refund. Since basically a year of tegu production got skipped I think future deposits are just going to have a longer wait if he manages to turn things around. I'm not condoning any actions over the last year taken by Bobby, he certainly could have handled things better, but those already with deposits that still want one of the best tegus around shouldn't give up quite yet in my opinion, I know I wouldn't. On a not entirely unrelated issue, I've been scoping out some recurve bows that have a minimal waiting period of 12 months.. Keep hope alive people, and be excellent to each other. :)

Lynda

james.w said:
There were problems with the black & whites this past season as well, but I am pretty sure he refunded the deposits on them.
He called me as soon as he knew of the problem with the black and whites last season, offered me a refund or to buy an AA. Got my AA right on time. He was so good about communication then, so sorry to hear he has jeopardized his great rep!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lynda said:
james.w said:
He called me as soon as he knew of the problem with the black and whites last season, offered me a refund or to buy an AA. Got my AA right on time. He was so good about communication then, so sorry to hear he has jeopardized his great rep!

This is what I thought happened with the black & whites. He handled that situation very well. Not sure why the reds situation wasn't handled the same way.

roastedspleen

i don't think he ever refunded me. also i have had to say this several times here because apparently everyone forgets that i said that his 2011 tegus never hatched because they died due to chlorine in the water for the vermiculture

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980