• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tobias the Tegu!

Midwestmonster

5 Year Member
Sounds like great progress for day 3. : )

Just be patient. He will come around and be amazing. Sounds like you're doing an excellent job!

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
all I can say in this is be patient no matter what and maybe have him in a closed off area with you and let him know that your there to be his buddy

jtrux

5 Year Member
A yearling wouldn't really be any different except it would be bigger and faster LOL.

Liz Herrera

Sorry took so long been busy with my receptive chameleon its her first egg clutch, eggs are not fertile but she is still laying and I'm so nervous she has like a 50% chance of getting egg bound and die, but im doing everything to prevent that and got her everything she needs now just waiting lol

Anyway about Tobias he is doing wonderful still cant hold him but ive been petting more of him each day had to start off with the very little tip of his tail, he is very tolerable of my presence and doing well with feeding time and his free roam time.

the pics are from day 2 to a few days ago to today :)
tell me what you guys think!

Attachments

• basking.jpg
    basking.jpg
    848.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 0910131043b.jpg
    0910131043b.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 0911131216a.jpg
    0911131216a.jpg
    570.7 KB · Views: 92

Midwestmonster

5 Year Member
He looks great Liz. You're doing a nice job. Seeing all that space on his basking rock reminded me how I need to get Camilla a bigger one this weekend. She is too big for her current one. I can't get over how big yours is already. Johnny's tegus must be growth freaks cause mine has grown a lot too. Lol. Post a video of your setup and Tobias. His colors look amazing.

Good to hear the handling is getting better everyday. Just be patient. Before you know he will be crawling all over ya.

Liz Herrera

um... im spending time with my tegu now and I walked out the room for a sec and he pooped but also there is like a pink thing hanging out of him is that just his parts??? I left johnny a voice mail but is this normal??

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sounds like hemipenes; making it a male. Otherwise it could have been a very minor prolapse if he/she pulled it back up. Keep a close watch, all should be fine though.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Fingers crossed then! He has grown quite fast, I'm looking forward to seeing frequent updates.

Hope all is well.

Liz Herrera

Tobias loving his bath time :)
He just turned 4 months old last Monday.

Attachments

• 1030131703.jpg
    1030131703.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 1030131707a.jpg
    1030131707a.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 1030131708b.jpg
    1030131708b.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 1024131311a.jpg
    1024131311a.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 113

Midwestmonster

5 Year Member
Great pics. I can't hold my friend with one hand anymore. Lol.

Colors look great. He looks very healthy. How's the handling going?

Liz Herrera

I miss tobias so much :(
he has been in hibernation since late november.
Hopefully he doesn't stay down for too long but i did go ahead and just let him be and adjust his temps to winter temps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602