• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

the new extreme!!!!!!

teguboy77

5 Year Member
If your using a good uvb bulb,or as he gets bigger keeping him outside then if i were you i would use calcium without D3,also variety in diet is fine,ground turkey,gut loaded crickets,roaches,beef liver,fruit,pinky mice,just my opinion.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Sparingly i would use it as you can give them to much and overdose your tegu,without d3 and a good uvb source and diet its very unlikely you can overdose them using it,thats why i woould use the one without d3 just my opinion.

ragnew

Very nice addition!!!

I just received my Extreme this morning as well, I too, am hoping he's a male hahaha. I've decided to name mine Brahm. That just seemed like a fitting name... :)

I'll need to get some pics of my baby as well.

Congrats guys!!! These lizards are amazing!!! :)

new2tegus

I got mine too, I will post some pics of him I hope, the coloration is beautiful on these little guys. I'm naming him Jekyll, was fine with me handling him for a little bit, didn't want to push it, then just took off lol.

He's also now buried himself under the cypress lol, sneaky little gu, I don't want to go poking around and disturb him since that's his home.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
From what I understand they don't absorb the d3 when taken internally. So with d3 is just a waste, but won't hurt.

Why will you not be feeding many mice/rats? What are your diet plans??

Dereks-Dragons

mine after he warmed up turned into a complete terror. biting, hissing. whipping ect. but hes calmed down now and actually sleep on my chest lol

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Thats normal,new home stressed out,best thing to do is leave him be.
new2tegus said:
I got mine too, I will post some pics of him I hope, the coloration is beautiful on these little guys. I'm naming him Jekyll, was fine with me handling him for a little bit, didn't want to push it, then just took off lol.

He's also now buried himself under the cypress lol, sneaky little gu, I don't want to go poking around and disturb him since that's his home.

Congrats my dude,post pictures when you get a chance,good luck with the new gu.........:)

new2tegus

Jekyll nipped me lol, not much bite in those teeth yet, but he let go right away which is an even better sign, he knows I'm not food. Gave him a bath this morning, seemed to like the tub time and the warm water. He closed his eyes for a little bit. He likes having his jaws rubbed, not sure why,but he seemed content. He ate some turkey which I was happy about, he looks a little plump. Just curious how long would you leave the the turkey in there? I have it with some cod liver oil and some eggs with the calcium vitamin supplement for them all mixed in. I'm handling him here and there just to make sure he's calm around me, and I want to let him out, guess I'm just a nervous dad. My appartments doors don't hit the ground,and I know he could squeeze under doors anyway and run off into the bedroom or closets that have all kinds of stuff in there. Guess I'm just worried through out his roaming he might get hurt. Any thoughts,so far just taking him in the bathroom to hold him,only place I can really lock down.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
new2tegus said:
Jekyll nipped me lol, not much bite in those teeth yet, but he let go right away which is an even better sign, he knows I'm not food. Gave him a bath this morning, seemed to like the tub time and the warm water. He closed his eyes for a little bit. He likes having his jaws rubbed, not sure why,but he seemed content. He ate some turkey which I was happy about, he looks a little plump. Just curious how long would you leave the the turkey in there? I have it with some cod liver oil and some eggs with the calcium vitamin supplement for them all mixed in. I'm handling him here and there just to make sure he's calm around me, and I want to let him out, guess I'm just a nervous dad. My appartments doors don't hit the ground,and I know he could squeeze under doors anyway and run off into the bedroom or closets that have all kinds of stuff in there. Guess I'm just worried through out his roaming he might get hurt. Any thoughts,so far just taking him in the bathroom to hold him,only place I can really lock down.
I would take the turkey out after hes done eating it,just watch him.To i really wouldnt handle him at all let him settle in a bit so he doesnt get to stressed,wait a week or so,i know its hard to do but better for the little guy.

Dereks-Dragons

My house is quite massive, and I know if mine gets loose he doesn't have too good on a vshamce of being found, not by me, but a good chance that my cats will find him. My full grown golden retrievers are afraid of the baby gu :b but I knew mine seemed settled after the terror stopped and he came to my hand and licked me in his cage. I had him out for about 5 hours yesterday total we sat on the couch bonding, sitting reading here on tegutalk and also watching tv :b he likes his neck being rubbed and his chin and jaws and he used his cute lil nose and borrowed under the blankets on my chest then popped his lil head out so he was under the blanket with his head out and he stay there for about an hour before falling asleep :b my dad thinks he's fat Haha he has a massive round lil belly. My parents hate reptiles, but my dad has taken a particular interest in the tegus. He says he likes the tongue . My mom said they are her least favorite but as babies they Re cute and soft. I walked in the room yesterday to find my mom nose to mode with him, the tegu asleep of corse, PASSED out on the warm keybored of her laptop and she turns to me and says " do u think he will like peach? As I see a tiny piece of peach in her hand Haha. She claims they get too big that she doesn't like them still(cuz of corse Wen I saw her bonding with it I saw it as a great opportunity to ask to get a third one Haha
) but I think she just hates how they seem "snake like" because she LOVES my huge green iguanas

new2tegus

Sweet, ty Teguboy, I just wasn't sure if he just needed to heat up a bit, right now I just have one powersun on him 100w, and he seems to do really well, and 75 halogen for extra heat. So I left the food in for a little bit incase that's all he needed. So far he's a hit and run eater, couple bites here or there,and then nothing,but atleast now i know.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
To be honest with you i use a timer and once the lights come on and hes out give him some turkey,and leave it in there a bit check on him then take it out so he doesnt get substrate on his his food and lead to other problems.

kellen.watkins

Vanilla was sweet when I unpacked her yesterday when I put her in the tank I didn't wanna handle her let her acclimate (and I already fed her) but I put my phone in there to get a pic and she wigged and would come out and bask regularly but would bail when I walked in the room

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602