• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegusonly family

RedFox

I got my tegu from TegusOnly about a week ago. Rod was great to deal with, sent pics of her (maybe a her, that is) before shipping, and she came through great. After months of reading about them--how intelligent and easy going they are--I took the plunge. Couldn't be happier, she's super mellow, great appetite, zero aggression, easy to handle, couldn't care any less about our dog and cats (although she's small so I protect her), and actually comes up to the front of her cage when I sit down in front of it. Can't believe these guys aren't THE most popular reptile and available everywhere (although they shouldn't be loose in Florida and I'm glad Rod is helping to address that problem).

Brittany

image.jpg
You can see the clusters of white

Abigail Sykes

I got my boy Dino from Tegusonly. I was very satisfied and even got him checked at the vet and he is healthy as can be. :) very happy with my tegu.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 35

jAxTecH

I bought my Tegu last Sunday at the Repticon show in Orlando. He/She was in his "scratch n dent" offerings. Only "issue" with mine is about 2-3" of tail tip is missing. Otherwise an outstanding tegu. Only oddity I noticed since bringing her home was at the show this Tegu was Stunning in color contrast. Back of neck and shoulders were a crimson color red that faded to a orange "tiger strip" over the ribs to a white n black poka dot pattern over the hind quarters out to the bands on the tail. Since the show at home has "mellowed" into a gold over black look. Not sure if this is a heat issue (basking light is UVA 75watt) low temp at night is 79° or just how this Tegu reacts when in a bin with 15 other Tegu's. Either way I love her and thank Teguonly for rescuing them and allowing people to have the opportunity to give these wonderful creatures a second chance. Below is a couple pics of Enki.
20150603_115511.jpg
20150603_093248.jpg

Brett Wilson

I bought my Tegu last Sunday at the Repticon show in Orlando. He/She was in his "scratch n dent" offerings. Only "issue" with mine is about 2-3" of tail tip is missing. Otherwise an outstanding tegu. Only oddity I noticed since bringing her home was at the show this Tegu was Stunning in color contrast. Back of neck and shoulders were a crimson color red that faded to a orange "tiger strip" over the ribs to a white n black poka dot pattern over the hind quarters out to the bands on the tail. Since the show at home has "mellowed" into a gold over black look. Not sure if this is a heat issue (basking light is UVA 75watt) low temp at night is 79° or just how this Tegu reacts when in a bin with 15 other Tegu's. Either way I love her and thank Teguonly for rescuing them and allowing people to have the opportunity to give these wonderful creatures a second chance. Below is a couple pics of Enki.View attachment 9474View attachment 9475

The color change is probably one or both of two things. As babies, Tegus are a LOT more colorful, and they lose it as they age. When they're going into shed, they will dull in color as well. So he's either just really young still, or he's just about to shed. You shouldn't need to worry about anything though, your little guy looks pretty good.

jAxTecH

Your right about the shed..after the soaking in the tank all the body dead skin wiped away except for the tail..still pieces resisting falling off so far.

Brett Wilson

Yea the tail can be annoying sometimes. Fraenir still has the same tail shed from two sheds ago. It's slowly flaking off though.

jAxTecH

Hmmm interesting... I wonder if a lil dawn dishwashing liquid rubbed over the tail and left to soak for 10-15 mins would "aid" in the tail shed coming off easier? Enki body shed peeled like a banana when I towel dried her. Think I'll give it a few more days see what happens on its own before I attempt a assist. Thanx for feedback. Good luck.

Brett Wilson

Well the tail is going to be a pain in the butt pretty much every time compared to the body. The scales are a lot closer together it seems. Let me know if the soap trick works though! I'm sure Fraenir's tail is getting pretty itchy. XD

loweryrr

Just received my female tegu from Rodney and I must say I'm happy with my purchase. He gave me a discount for her missing a good portion of her tail but she hasn't been aggressive at all. She's still a little nervous but I know that will change with time. I prefer saving a tegu over buying a tegu and I think Rodney is doing an amazing thing for Florida and the tegus. These truly are amazing animals and their intelligence blows me away. Here is a pic of her eating outside her new home and a pic that Rodney sent me.

Attachments

• 20150626_124840.jpg
    20150626_124840.jpg
    852.8 KB · Views: 31
  • imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 36

loweryrr

Your right about the shed..after the soaking in the tank all the body dead skin wiped away except for the tail..still pieces resisting falling off so far.
I have seen people who put lotion on their reptiles to soften up stuck on skin. Another idea is adding a little baby oil to their soaking water, just double check that its not toxic to them. I doubt it would be but it would never hurt to ask a reptile vet.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Loweryrr- You got a good pal, for sure. She looks very you g, so her tail will have regrowth over time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980