• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Russets rhino male....

RobK.

same guy i think, but not ebay and free shipping

http://coastalsilkworms.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=139
teguboy77 said:
What all do you feed your rhino?Mine loves the Mazuri tortoise chow soak in water.

ditto . i also add repcal iguana food with it !! Mazuri is his #1 favorite treat . he goes nuts for it !!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I tried the RepCal pellets and mine wanted nothing to do with them. I feed collard, mustard, dandelion greens. Blueberries and strawberries.

herpgirl2510

I feed collared greens, dandelion greens, bluberries, squash, I have not tried strawberries. From what I have read there diet is almost identical to the green iguana I had read tortoise chow is OK occasionally but fresh is better. I know my guy was fed romaine so I think he is having trouble with the switch to no romaine.

Do you guys dust your freh veggis I know with an iguana they get it from the dark leafy veggies I was not sure if rhinos were the same.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I offer green,and the mazuri tortoise chow,the rep cal pellets i bought my rhino ate alittle now he wont touch it lol.But i offer greens and chow the green i stick with are collards,mustards,turnups,endive,chicory greens,but usually i alter them.As far as fruits i give them as a treat grapes,blue berries,kiwi but only as a treat mines not huge on fruits but likes these couple i tried.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I soak my mazuri tortoise chow in liquid calcium and water,and my greens in regular calcium without d3 4 days,the othere 2 days multi vitamins and one day vitamin free day.As he gets older like around 2 years old i'll cut it back to about 3 days two days calcium,1 day multi vitamins,they get vitamins from there food as well.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980