• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Russets rhino male....

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i never could get the mazuri but i used the zoomed tortoise food(various dried grasses ect) and my rhino use to love it it also worked great for my uromatyx and green iguana, have any of you tried dandelions? they are highly nutritious and they love the flowers, another thing they go nuts for is a sprinkle of bee pollen over their foods, that works wonders if you got a finicky eater, everyones doing a great job with their rhinos i cant wait to get me another one

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I bought the mazuri for another rhino i had a year ago and he didn't like it at all,but i moved and had to sell him so i saved the chow and when i bought my new male russets i gave him some and he loves it along with rep-cal.But i also give him greens to,but he likes the chow and rep-cal better lol.Mine eats dandelions i pick them fresh in our yard.Never tried bee pollen but never had a picky rhino lol.Had picky green iguanas when i use to keep them about 12 years ago but they were imports had to take them to herp vet cost a ton of money etc.And theother guys who have rhino's on here are doing a great job with there rhino's.:)

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
oh mines wasnt a picky eater either, he ate so much i had no idea were he was packing it all lol, i swear he would wake up eat a few bites bask for a while then go bk and devour everything in the dish and i used a 6"cat bowl and somedays he would take a second helping just a smaller amount, i remember reading that they are slow growers and take 1-1.5 years to reach 2' lol year right mines was 22" by 8mos., Hopefully this summer i can get one from tom(fingers crossed)

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Yeah again they say slow growers but mines not slow grower or is anybody elses on here bye the soungs and looks of it lol.Mine eats really well so i'm happy.:)

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Here are some pictures i took today after his soak,he was free roaming my bed and was fine with me petting as you can see in the one picture,hes in the middle of shedding but good pictures of him enjoy.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I mean i know mine is a russets cause i bought mine as a russets from rob ehrig and talked to him myself when buying him as a russets.Actually i talked rob ehrig today as i keep in touch with him we talked about russets today,and there's not as many russets out there but i mean hes the only breeder of them,but you never know mine has orange under his belly and under his back legs and his face,if your rhino was breed bye rob ehrig it could be you never know.Again i payed more money for my russets rhino then rob's regular rhino's almost 350 dollars,both robs regular and russets are top notch though.:)

teguboy77

5 Year Member
He had a regular female for sale not a russets,but there still awsome rhino stock prolly the best to be honest with just my opinion.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I know rob ehrig is out of male russets cause he wasn't going to sell me mine at first then he said he would sell me a russets male that he was going to keep and i jumped all over it lol,i've dealt rob ehrig before so he sold the russets to male to me.:)

herpgirl2510

Is the difference in the color? I have tried googling it but I can't ind anything. The ones at NERD where a dark army green I relly liked their colors. I emailed the man I bought it from he did not breed him I will see if he knows who did.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Yes mine has alot of orange rust to him mine is rust orange under his belly and his face has a more orange tint to him then regular rhino' rob ehrig breeds them for that trait thats why there called russets rhino.Does yours have orange rust color under its belly by any chance,i wish you could post pictures of your rhino so we could see it.:)

herpgirl2510

I am going to try to get clos pics it is hard because he is nervous of me. He has alot of turquiose on his face and sides. Whehe is basking his belly seems a yellow color his back is that way also. He gets a darker green when the temps are lower and has alot of cream when he is warm.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
herpgirl2510 said:
I am going to try to get clos pics it is hard because he is nervous of me. He has alot of turquiose on his face and sides. Whehe is basking his belly seems a yellow color his back is that way also. He gets a darker green when the temps are lower and has alot of cream when he is warm.

Ok then hes prolly not a russets,i'll take a picture of my russets rhino's belly and post it today.Dark green is normal when temps are lower.But sounds like a really nice rhino a picture would help more though.
Redlizard said:
Hi,
Do you have ehrig's email?
Thanks

No never emailed him,talk to him by phone,i sent you his informaton pm.:)

RobK.

teguboy77 said:
RobK. said:
teguboy77 said:
Well here are some pictures i took of him after i cleaned his cage for the second time today and he ate like a pig again lol.I took a couple pictures right in front of him hes not really flighty,the only time he gets flighty is when i go to pick him up to clean his cage but that dont last long hes pretty good for his age.Enjoy:)

they sure grow fast !!
I have a feeling my 3'x8 ' cage isn't going to be big enough for very long . a year and a half or two years max . what do you think ?

Yeah i know what your saying lol hes eating like a pig and i started feeding him Mazuri tortoise chow with Rep-Cal Juvenile Iguana Food and my rhino is looking like a tank lol,and he likes his collards so thats what i stick with,my rhino will come across the cage foor it lol.Yeah i have two boa monster a 6x4 and a 8x3 and i might sell there in great shape and build a cage for this rhino.Yeah that cage you have will prolly last a year or two maybe at the rate your guy is growing lol post more pictures.They say rhino's grow slower than green iguana,i had alot of greens before rhino's years ago and my rhino grows just as fast lol.:)

Mazuri tortoise chow is my rhino's favorite treat. He will dive right off his basking table the minute i put some in his cage .
RobK. said:
teguboy77 said:
RobK. said:
teguboy77 said:
Well here are some pictures i took of him after i cleaned his cage for the second time today and he ate like a pig again lol.I took a couple pictures right in front of him hes not really flighty,the only time he gets flighty is when i go to pick him up to clean his cage but that dont last long hes pretty good for his age.Enjoy:)

they sure grow fast !!
I have a feeling my 3'x8 ' cage isn't going to be big enough for very long . a year and a half or two years max . what do you think ?

Yeah i know what your saying lol hes eating like a pig and i started feeding him Mazuri tortoise chow with Rep-Cal Juvenile Iguana Food and my rhino is looking like a tank lol,and he likes his collards so thats what i stick with,my rhino will come across the cage foor it lol.Yeah i have two boa monster a 6x4 and a 8x3 and i might sell there in great shape and build a cage for this rhino.Yeah that cage you have will prolly last a year or two maybe at the rate your guy is growing lol post more pictures.They say rhino's grow slower than green iguana,i had alot of greens before rhino's years ago and my rhino grows just as fast lol.:)

Mazuri tortoise chow is my rhino's favorite treat. He will dive right off his basking table the minute i put some in his cage .

try some watercres , mine going nuts for it also .

james.w said:
Where do you get your Mazuri chow? How often do you feed the Mazuri/rep cal? I was looking at the Rep-Cal stuff today, but I think I would rather do the Mazuri. I will try and get some pics tomorrow or later this week.

i bought some on ebay a while back .

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mazuri-Tortoise-Chow-Fresh-Cactus-Pads-/260725461406?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item8263daaa77

but not from this guy , he want too much $$ for shipping .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam