• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Our Extreme is finally here.

Melissa

5 Year Member
Well we offered him turkey and I offered him a few crickets, he just goes back under his rock and goes to sleep. He hasn't been very active just wants to sleep.

TeguBlake

Melissa said:
Well we offered him turkey and I offered him a few crickets, he just goes back under his rock and goes to sleep. He hasn't been very active just wants to sleep.

Mine just wants to sleep on his heat rock, then sleeps in his hide, kinda worrying me. I hope it's only stress at a young age, she has to be only 3 to 4 weeks old.

Melissa

5 Year Member
Ya I am thinking ours is really young also. hopefully he starts eating soon so I can stop worrying lol.

TeguBlake

Lol mine ate yesterday and today, try mixing his food with water and wetting everything he eats both my tegus won't eat without water mixed on it.. And my baby ate a pinky and 7 mill worms today, and violently at that.. Just give it a try and let me know.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Niles is older...over 18 inches.and has recently been 'slowing down '.refusing food.just wants to be held, bask, or sleep in a burrow. I just figure is like my snakes who slow down feeding in winter?

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Melissa

5 Year Member
You know looking at the pics of Normal b/w tegu babies I am seriously thinking we only got half our money worth lol....

TeguBlake

I AM to but I'm going to wait a few sheds befor a make any assumptions, but you know they are good looking tegus they have a a ton of white to pop out later in life. Mine has a lot of whit all over but it still has its first shed blocking it, as soon as she sheds ill take a picture.

KABIKANO

Some Extremes finish out looking like normals and some normals end up looking like what people feel an Extreme is supossed to look like. It's a locality not a different breed all together. I've seen some real high white normals that have even fooled a trained eye into thinking it was an Extreme. As long as you guys are happy with them and they are healthy is all that matters. Although, I do understand you paid for an Extreme and want what you paid for but that's where trusting your breeder comes in. Funny though, mine looks just like yours and no one talked about it looking like a normal... Or about it being an import...

KABIKANO

TeguBlake said:
I don't understand the people on here sometimes lol

Remember, 90% of these forums out here are the bathroom walls of the world wide web. If something is written on it, someone will believe its true. Lol. Just gotta filter through the bull krap is all. It's like WWE and National Geographic all rolled into one. Lol! Entertaining and educational, what more could you ask for???

TeguBlake

Hahaha but I like to hear all the experience people are having, just it's crazy how happy some on can be then get shot down so fast lol. I'm just happy to have my little one I don't care if he isn't an exstream, "which I think he is" I'm just happy to have my tegu and a healthy one at that.

KABIKANO

TeguBlake said:
Hahaha but I like to hear all the experience people are having, just it's crazy how happy some on can be then get shot down so fast lol. I'm just happy to have my little one I don't care if he isn't an exstream, "which I think he is" I'm just happy to have my tegu and a healthy one at that.

And there you have it sports fans! Spoken like a true pet lover... Amen.

Melissa

5 Year Member
Ya I am happy I got 1 that is not crippled like poor Chad. Or that we got anything at all, after all the bs. but we did pay for an extreme some hopefully that is what it is.

Also mine is still not interested in food at ll just wants to sleep. Not sure if it wants to hibernate early or???

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
KABIKANO said:
TeguBlake said:

Remember, 90% of these forums out here are the bathroom walls of the world wide web. If something is written on it, someone will believe its true. Lol. Just gotta filter through the bull krap is all. It's like WWE and National Geographic all rolled into one. Lol! Entertaining and educational, what more could you ask for???

It's ridiculous how so true this is.

Congrats to those who got their tegus,.. give it some time and a few sheds to see how they turn out. Alot of hatchlings don't look like much until they start to shed, pattern changes and their colors brighten. Most of the pics bobby has posted comparing the two b&w or extreme are of bigger tegus. So give it some time before believing what you read and jumping to conclusions. Post new pics and or compare them later on.

I'm sure you've seen it posted on here I don't know how many times about how quickly they change and grow. No speculations or assumptions there,.. it's a fact as you'll soon see first hand.

TeguBlake

Bubblz Calhoun said:
KABIKANO said:
TeguBlake said:

It's ridiculous how so true this is.

Congrats to those who got their tegus,.. give it some time and a few sheds to see how they turn out. Alot of hatchlings don't look like much until they start to shed, pattern changes and their colors brighten. Most of the pics bobby has posted comparing the two b&w or extreme are of bigger tegus. So give it some time before believing what you read and jumping to conclusions. Post new pics and or compare them later on.

I'm sure you've seen it posted on here I don't know how many times about how quickly they change and grow. No speculations or assumptions there,.. it's a fact as you'll soon see first hand.

She is in the process of shed I'm exited for her colors but there is one problem, she can't pic her self up with her back legs, she can push but not hold her body up... Hopefully she grows out of that when she is older.. If not ill love her just as much... Just makes me sad...

TeguBlake

She can use them in a walking motion, but she has a problem climbing and holding her self up. Which is causing her to just lay in random places because she dosnt like to walk on them.

Melissa

5 Year Member
This is very sad, and makes so many questions like where are these really Bobby's babies? Why are they having these issues ours is still not eating. UGH

Teguman0301

5 Year Member
If any of you who have gotten Tegus recently having problems with their Tegus, please know that you can always contact me and I will help! No strings attached, I just want you all to know that I am here.
Johnny
Tegu Terra
770-646-0096

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980