• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Our Extreme is finally here.

Melissa

5 Year Member
So after waiting and waiting our extreme has arrived. It looks to me like he is from a pretty recent clutch. Hopefully he is a he we will know eventually I guess here are a few pics he hasn't been home but maybe 20 mins in these pics.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 12
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 19
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 15

Melissa

5 Year Member
YA he/she doesn't look as green when your holding it, but my camera picked up every bit of it lol. Maybe ours is younger and so it has green still no idea lol. He doesn't want to eat yet but hopefully soon. What are you feeding yours?

TeguBlake

Ground turkey mixed with beef liver mixed with a bit of egg and calcium without d3
She stared at it for about 10 minutes licking it to death, but she took 5 good bites and walked away.

KABIKANO

Melissa said:
So after waiting and waiting our extreme has arrived. It looks to me like he is from a pretty recent clutch. Hopefully he is a he we will know eventually I guess here are a few pics he hasn't been home but maybe 20 mins in these pics.

Kongratz!!!

k1ngph1l

It is probably from the same clutch as mine. Probably only about 6-7 weeks old right now. But I have been feeding mine like crazy so he looks way bigger than yours already lol

Does your extreme have the v under his neck?

Melissa

5 Year Member
I HIGHLY doubt it is much over 3 weeks if that. It has a lot of green on it and is about 8 inches in length to the tip of its tail and is a little bigger around than my thumb. So don't think it is from your clucth. I have not looked for a v under his neck but I will once he is calmer.

KABIKANO

Melissa said:
So is there any for sure way to tell if my baby is an extreme or is it more wait and see?

Check out the Extreme Tegu sub forum on here. There's some differences and pictures explained on there but I still kant tell the difference. Lol! Gotta trust your breeder or where you get your tegu from. Either way, you got a nice tegu, import, extreme or normal.

TeguBlake

Yes very pretty, we just pay for quality healthy animals, or a name? Just think about that, I love my little guy, no matter were he came from.

Melissa

5 Year Member
Ya not sure what I got lol, he is still not wanting to eat today but not forcing the issue, maybe tomorrow lol.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I forget...are you trying meat or crickets? I ask because when I got niles he didn't eat anything then he ate like a pig...but i think at the pet store he had been fed crickets not meat, so needed that 'wiggle ' stimulation to want to eat. I did offer him crickets as a treat the other day and he downed like 18 of them...he has been eating less and less meat for me now.I'm almost thinking it's nearing hibernation time...so perhaps that is what the babies are doing too? Eating less because planning on a long winter's nap... :)

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

TeguBlake

BatGirl1 said:
I forget...are you trying meat or crickets? I ask because when I got niles he didn't eat anything then he ate like a pig...but i think at the pet store he had been fed crickets not meat, so needed that 'wiggle ' stimulation to want to eat. I did offer him crickets as a treat the other day and he downed like 18 of them...he has been eating less and less meat for me now.I'm almost thinking it's nearing hibernation time...so perhaps that is what the babies are doing too? Eating less because planning on a long winter's nap... :)

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Idk because mine ate turkey yesterday and destroyed a pinky today.. Lol not very active tho has been sleeping a lot, kinda weird how he would just crawl and fall asleep after about 4 feet of walking, slept all day under the rock really.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980