• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

MEGARAY

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
new2tegus said:
At the risk of getting banned, I've met Teguboy, quite honestly there are other tegu forums to visit, I know,but it's odd how you don't see Montana's attitude towards him as being a bit confrontational? I've also seen his setup, and his lizard. I was also told, and I'm sure he did at one point have tegus, and quite a few of them. As far as the whole bs about lights, why do you care what one person uses over another. I've seen his light output on a mega ray, and they work, I've seen the light readings, and it was a from a light suspended over his cage,and they were around 150 and up. If you actually measure the distance, and put it where most here recommend, it's around 350 to 400. Sadly, I've noticed most people here can only regurgitate information they've heard or read somewhere else. I've had reptiles since I was a kid. So the fact that he defended himself against someone who was downing a light they've probably never used, and has no tester for his own lights and talks about redundancy, and his idea of a product being crap, but then takes his "old lamp"....redundancy...to use as a secondary heat source. Check your bulbs, it's a good way to find out if your reptile is getting the required amount of UVB. Maybe you got lucky, maybe your reptiles won't get mbd, but ensuring they won't have to worry about getting UVB for proper bodily chemical reactions, might be useful.

If this is intended as a reply to me, look back at some of the other posts from Teguboy77. He is constantly defending his opinion in the wrong manner. He seems to think his opinion is the only thing that matters. I have been PMed by other members who feel the same way as I do about him. I don't know exactly why he got banned nor do I care, but the admins do what they have to do to keep the forum as peaceful as they can.

All montana was stating was that the company "megaray" has some customer service issues. He said all MVB weres junk if I remember correctly. Teguboy said montana was "stupid" for not having a solar meter, I don't have a solar meter either, does that make me "stupid"? How many of us actually have solar meters.

Couple more things to add after reading your reply again.

I don't care what bulbs others use, if someone asks for an opinion or advice, I will gladly give it. I have also seen his setup, from pics he has posted and disagree with how he keeps his animal, but keep it to my self because it isn't my business.

Sure from what he says he has had 3 other Rhinos, Tegus, and monitors. That means nothing to me, when I asked him what happened to the other Rhinos, he got defensive and said it was none of my business. If I am taking advice from a fellow keeper, I would like to know somewhat what his experience is.

Getting banned was something he brought on himself for the way he speaks and responds to people on the forum.

RobK.

new2tegus said:
At the risk of getting banned, I've met Teguboy, quite honestly there are other tegu forums to visit, I know,but it's odd how you don't see Montana's attitude towards him as being a bit confrontational? I've also seen his setup, and his lizard. I was also told, and I'm sure he did at one point have tegus, and quite a few of them. As far as the whole bs about lights, why do you care what one person uses over another. I've seen his light output on a mega ray, and they work, I've seen the light readings, and it was a from a light suspended over his cage,and they were around 150 and up. If you actually measure the distance, and put it where most here recommend, it's around 350 to 400. Sadly, I've noticed most people here can only regurgitate information they've heard or read somewhere else. I've had reptiles since I was a kid. So the fact that he defended himself against someone who was downing a light they've probably never used, and has no tester for his own lights and talks about redundancy, and his idea of a product being crap, but then takes his "old lamp"....redundancy...to use as a secondary heat source. Check your bulbs, it's a good way to find out if your reptile is getting the required amount of UVB. Maybe you got lucky, maybe your reptiles won't get mbd, but ensuring they won't have to worry about getting UVB for proper bodily chemical reactions, might be useful.

I sure don't see why you would be banned !!
I agree with most of what you said . I thought Teguboy77 showed a lot of patience on this threat . Like i posted before a solar meter is a great tool and i think anyone raising a reptile indoors and depending on any bulb , should have one . Mega-ray, power -sun or solar-glo , i would not trust any of them to last as long as they say or the UV they put out .
teguboy77 said:
F$cking mega ray rite??????????????????????:dodgy:
this is the only reason, i feel you should have been banned !!

new2tegus said:
All I'm going to say, no bs, I've seen the meter readings,not I can't say what condition the other bulb was in, so I won't comment on it, I don't even remember what kind it was. I do know, the mega ray at over 18 inches was putting out 150, and lower was around 350 or so. I do agree, customer service is important,and sadly today many companies put that as a backseat to making money. Will I order one, yeah, I probably will, but I know what's carried close by to me, and that's powersun. So I will also purchase one of them more than likely. Just like finding cypress mulch in this god forsaken state is a joke, so I will have to use a substitute. I just hate to see conflict over things like this, when the main focus between the two is obviously the care of their animals. It's a shame a thread like this got twisted. If both bulbs work great,and for those that want to know, and can do meter readings even better, calling the companies on their bs to will also make them provide better quality products to us.

well said !!

I am sorry BUT i feel teguboy77 was very patient , BUT he should not have used the F bomb , Montana was just as bad until 77 dropped f bomb . IMO . I am starting to hate all forums , to much bickering over very stupid things . very sad .:mad::mad::mad:

RobK.

Hey rob if you want try and call this number i got a hold of the lady there and maybe she can help you out,here's the number 910-663-8074 hope this helps ya.:)
[/quote]

mine came today . its 20'' above his basking spot . i like the color , no blue cast like the solarglo .:D

BlackendMetalDeathHead666 said:
>.> so uh... I love tegus? :D

me too , even though i don't have one . They are really cool looking .

RobK.

RobK. said:
ordered Megaray 100 watt MVB on the 7th and have yet to get a Trcking # ,

I still have not receive or heard anything about my june 7th order emailed them today asking to have the order cancelled :mad:

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Darn still didnt get your bulb?You know when i talked to them on the phone i metioned there customer service really needed working on to keep customers happy and coming back to buy there bulbs.Did you try the 910-663-8074 number,i usually get somebody everytime i called,i like there bulb but the customer care really isnt good and i thought they were going to work on it.Sorry to hear about your bulb still not being shipped.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Teguboy didn't say Montana was stupid or that anyone was stupid for not having a Solarmeter. What he said was "your method is stupid". This is just an objective statement, by the way, to clarify. I get it. You can't really make a statement about one bulb being junk or being better without a quantitative measurement. It has nothing to do with who knows what about reptiles. He didn't really drop the F bomb either. He wrote the F bomb with his own characters inserted. Which means he censored himself...like saying frickin' I've seen people write out the F word which is censored on the froum with ***. They don't get disciplined for that action.

This was really a great thread to share information about bulbs. The original intent was to help tegu owners make educated decisions so that they can purchase what they need, be it a MegaRay, PowerSun, or SunGlo. Everyone has their favorites and it's fine, but it's nice to be able to make an informed decision. My vote would be to clean the thread and erase all of the extra posts (this one too) to get it back to being just informational instead of confrontational. ;)

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, I usually avoid confrontation, but I think there were just a lot of misunderstandings in that post that led to frustrations on a lot of ends. I know sometimes I read things the wrong way, so just wanted to add clarification. I did think all of the light posts were really helpful to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced