• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

MEGARAY

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I got a solar meter cause i care about my reptile,250 i didnt pay that 170 more like it thx.If you get your reptile outside so much why do you use a powersun bulb?All mercury vapor bulbs decay rite so at leat i know when to change mine,i guess you just guess rite.Your method of not having a solar meter is very stupid,i could care less what you could order,the point you dont have one thats stupid,why would you need ten really?Well i'm not going to sit here and go round and round about whos bulb is better you guess your is doing its job i know mine is till you have proof of your bulb doing its job then you have a point.

montana

Living in Montana there isn`t alot of sun so I use the power sun when I take my lizard out side I shut the bulbs off ...
After six months or so [Its not critical ] I move the old powersun to the heat lamp position and put a fresh one in the basking position ..

It is shut off all winter so its no big thing ...

I don`t care about the number it is putting out because it dosn`t matter ...

What would be a improvement would be a bulb that went dark when the level of UV dropped below a certan level or one that kept a constant level of UV for the life of the bulb ..

Seeing that they are ALL JUNK I want a company that is there to stand behind their product Zoo med is proven Megaray not so much

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Hey again whatever works for you,myself i care about the amount of uvb my reptile gets.I keep my rhino inside so it matters to me,also why am i going to spend 60 dollars on a bulb in 6 months if it still putting out good amounts of uvb?Id rather wait till the light isnt putting out the rite amount of uvb to change it but i'm not going to guess,an i dont have to i got a solar meter that to me makes better sence.I guess your idea on the uv drop thing isnt a bad idea,it would be cool if a company did that.I also agree with you mega rays customer service is not that good,i've only had that one problem them sending me the wrong size,but they turned around and sent me the rite size for free i guess they kinda stand behind the service.

montana

The truth is Mega ray bulbs were a disaster ...

Their customer service less than a joke ...

They sing and dance about their new bulbs but the truth is they just started to send them out and they are unproven ...

I am happy for you that they sent you a new one for their mistake .[Didn`t even want the other one back odd]

I am sure your bulb is as good as any ...

When you can`t trust a product to work properly redundancy makes the most sense to me ..

The reason all cars come with a spare tire is because everyone knows their product can`t be counted on to hold air ...

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Again it works for me,and whatever works for you is good for you.Honestly i dont know why your going on and on like you tested any of theses bulbs,you didnt.When you keep repeating yourself your a disaster.This is a forum you have your opinion and i'll have mine let us know more about bulbs when you get a solar meter.I have no more to say to you.thx

montana

Powersuns are proven safe Megarays arn`t proven anything ...

Even if the bulbs are better the company has been proven to be crap ...

I`m putting in a order to LLL today I`ll look at a meter ...

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Like i said alot of people use both,why come on this post to talk about how you dont like mega ray,you shouldnt of posted anything.They prove alot get a solar meter,then talk you have nothing to back up what your saying i mean,i like mega ray and powersun,it works for me and the best part is i have proof do you,dont think so.Lol you like powersun,the post says mega ray,not powersun.Look at these to sites they prove nothing?
uvguide.co.uk.,Reptile UV Info.Rest my case.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Forget it you like powersun,i like mega ray the post says F$cking mega ray rite??????????????????????:dodgy:

teguboy77

5 Year Member
We are and POWERSUN rite????????

Hey when you show what your powersun puts out with one of these let us know ok.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Teguboy. Here you go again with the hot head, know it all attitude. As soon as someone disagrees you get defensive and argumentative. Like you said everyone has an opinion, well then why not let them state it without you arguing? You say Montana is stupid for not checking his bulbs UVB output with a solar meter. In other words the majority of the members on this forum are stupid in your opinion. Very few members have solar meters. Congratulations on being the most responsible keeper here. Why don't you go start your own forum and not allow anyone else to post unless they have your same opinions.

Why does it always come down to name calling with you? The fact that you have been on a forum longer than me says nothing about your knowledge of reptiles. You are on a TEGU forum and don't have a tegu, why not go find a Rhino forum? I'm not saying it is a bad idea to have a solar meter, but you said to not have one is stupid. I will also guarantee I know much more about reptiles than you and many people here would more than likely take my advice over yours.

You say you tested the SolarGlo that I have, but mine is here with me so you tested your SolarGlo not mine. My Tegu is 36" at 10 months old and has no signs of MBD or any other problems and has been raised under only a SolarGlo. My Rhino is roughly the same size as yours and has no health problems and has also been raised under a SolarGlo.

In order for a test to hold any water with me, you would have to test numerous bulbs of the same brand at numerous times of the bulbs life. I do appreciate the numbers you have posted as it does say something, but doesn't mean the numbers will be the same on all of them. Was the SolarGlo you tested brand new, was it burned in correctly, what about the PowerSun and MegaRay? Were they brand new and were they all burned in the same?

Honestly, I don't care about your tough guy talk nor your opinion anymore. You sent me a PM apologizing for the way you acted towards me, but than act the same way towards another member. As soon I point it out you jump down my throat again. I don't get it, is it that important that your opinion and ways of keeping your one reptile seen as the best way to do it?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So because you got banned it is my fault too. You are fun to chat with, you get all butt hurt and act tough. Just refer to my last post...

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Remember to click the Report button to alert moderators and myself to posts that need our attention. The Report Button is in the bottom right corner of every post.

new2tegus

At the risk of getting banned, I've met Teguboy, quite honestly there are other tegu forums to visit, I know,but it's odd how you don't see Montana's attitude towards him as being a bit confrontational? I've also seen his setup, and his lizard. I was also told, and I'm sure he did at one point have tegus, and quite a few of them. As far as the whole bs about lights, why do you care what one person uses over another. I've seen his light output on a mega ray, and they work, I've seen the light readings, and it was a from a light suspended over his cage,and they were around 150 and up. If you actually measure the distance, and put it where most here recommend, it's around 350 to 400. Sadly, I've noticed most people here can only regurgitate information they've heard or read somewhere else. I've had reptiles since I was a kid. So the fact that he defended himself against someone who was downing a light they've probably never used, and has no tester for his own lights and talks about redundancy, and his idea of a product being crap, but then takes his "old lamp"....redundancy...to use as a secondary heat source. Check your bulbs, it's a good way to find out if your reptile is getting the required amount of UVB. Maybe you got lucky, maybe your reptiles won't get mbd, but ensuring they won't have to worry about getting UVB for proper bodily chemical reactions, might be useful.

montana

I never said the bulb was crap I said the company was ...

They have proven they don`t stand behind their product [no or unavailable customer service]
Customer service is the only way that a company deals at all with its customers [you ] ..

The state of UV bulbs in general is pathetic [you can`t trust them one day to the next to work] and as expensive as they are [people are going to put off replacing them ]the makers are asking for trouble ..

Many thought the T5 and coil lights were the next great thing untill they came up with blind animals .

I welcome an Improvement to MBV technology Megaray may have made a small step but It is no good if the company won`t stand behind their product and they have proven they can`t be trusted ...

The last thing I want is for anyone [Teguboy77] to be banned especially over a stupid light bulb ,,,Bring him back Josh !!!

new2tegus

All I'm going to say, no bs, I've seen the meter readings,not I can't say what condition the other bulb was in, so I won't comment on it, I don't even remember what kind it was. I do know, the mega ray at over 18 inches was putting out 150, and lower was around 350 or so. I do agree, customer service is important,and sadly today many companies put that as a backseat to making money. Will I order one, yeah, I probably will, but I know what's carried close by to me, and that's powersun. So I will also purchase one of them more than likely. Just like finding cypress mulch in this god forsaken state is a joke, so I will have to use a substitute. I just hate to see conflict over things like this, when the main focus between the two is obviously the care of their animals. It's a shame a thread like this got twisted. If both bulbs work great,and for those that want to know, and can do meter readings even better, calling the companies on their bs to will also make them provide better quality products to us.

RobK.

montana said:
Yup they sent you the wrong size ....

I am sure they are very helpful when they are trying to sell you something ...

What happened to all that junk they sold ??? Was it recalled ???

What was their response to all that junk they sold ?? [Lets just never answer the phone ] Very effective !! No body here !!! Lets never get back to the suckers ...

I am sure if Megaray has come up with a super light bulb all the other companies already have one picked apart and are copping at this moment..

Is more UV necessarily a good thing ??

Use what you want let us know how it works out for you !!

all you have to do is look on the left hand side of thier web page

http://www.reptileuv.com/megaray-sb-100-watt-self-ballasted-flood-uvb-lamp.php

Quote "

''We have recently encountered a problem with the longevity with a small batch of our new 100w bulbs. Until we can sort these out, there will be a temporary hold. Although, we are also expecting a new shipment in 2-3 weeks! All replacements and new orders are set to be filled the week of the day that our shipment reaches us. We will be here in the meantime to answer any questions you may have. Also all of our other products are still for sale. Check ReptileUV.com often to keep updated on the Sent date of these bulbs, to when they are delivered, and to when they start getting shipped out! Once again we deeply apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, and feel free to email us if you have any questions or concerns!

As always, we will only supply the world's finest and safest products for your animals.

Sincerely,
The ReptileUV Staff

I personalty think its a ''GREAT'' idea to have a solar meter if your reptile is going to be indoors more than out . 100-150 is a drop in the bucket compared to what i have into my Rhino and his cage already . Its not about money to me it about his health . Even though Mega ray has had some problems as all the others have . They have the best reputably for there bulbs hands down . Just do a search under best reptile bulb and their name will come up more than anyone . I will e getting a solar meter because i care about my Rhino and don't trust any bulbs . I have had my zoo-med about a month or so and it not putting out as much heat and i bet it not putting out the UV either . I was in a reptile shop in salt lake last week and they had a 300.00 solare meter and they told me the power-suns they had were only putting out around 50 MW at 10'' below the screens .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam