• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

MEGARAY

RobK.

ordered Megaray 100 watt MVB on the 7th and have yet to get a Trcking # , so i decided to order another one yesterday as a spare , and got a trcking # for it TODAY . Weird !! Checked PAYPAL and it showed i was charged for both orders and showed yesterday order had indeed shipped today . :dodgy::huh:

herpgirl2510

I want to order one of these I have not becasue people seem to say it takes a long time to get one. I ma glad that has changed.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Well i ordered my mega ray 160watt they sent me the 100 watt,and it even showed on my paypal that it stated 160 watt,so i ordered a 30 Watt - T12 – 36inch Full Spectrum Fluorescent to go with my mega ray 6/12/11 threw paypal and waited till yesterday and called them to see what was going on since i didnt hear nothing on the new bulb i ordered,here there on back order,so i called there and didnt get anybody rite after i hang up the phone a lady called me back and i told her if the fluorescent dont come in soon i'll use the 20 dollars towards another 160watt back up bulb and i told her they should let people know when bulbs are on back order and that they messed up my first order and sent me a 100watt.So i told the ladt i' was alittle upset and she said for the mess up withy my fiest bulb and me waiting for my secong fluorescent bulb that they would send me a free 160 watt bulb on the house and they already sent it out yesterday that was pretty nice of them,so i got a free bulb and i'm just waiting for my other fluorescent bulb.But they seem to be getting there stuff together as they called me back after i called them.

RobK. said:
ordered Megaray 100 watt MVB on the 7th and have yet to get a Trcking # , so i decided to order another one yesterday as a spare , and got a trcking # for it TODAY . Weird !! Checked PAYPAL and it showed i was charged for both orders and showed yesterday order had indeed shipped today . :dodgy::huh:

Hey rob if you want try and call this number i got a hold of the lady there and maybe she can help you out,here's the number 910-663-8074 hope this helps ya.:)

Maro1

hey still owe me for a bulb ordered in March I have twice sent them proof for paying through paypal and they never answer their phones.

RobK.

I very was surprised they shipped it the next day . The other order had a compact bulb with it, that they may not have had in stock , they may be waiting for it to ship that order .?? I am glad one 100 watt is on its way . I wil need to lower the basking table to at least 20 '' or more with the megaray . The power sun is 12'' above the one basking area right now . At 12'' the megaray will cook him with too much UV and heat .

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Yes i would raise it a bit to if i were you,mine is at like 18'' and i get 100f,and i get about 150mw of uvb.As soon as i got off the phone with the lady yesterday and she said she'll be sending me a 160 watt on the house,i got the shipping details in my email lol,glad to hear your bulb id=s coming though,you should get a solar meter that to helps with nowing when to change the bulb.

Maro1

Update. My Bulb has been shipped. It took awhile but I am glad to see you can still get the best bulb out there.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Well thats great to hear glad your getting your bulb for your awsome rhino congrats.I too am getting a bulb from megaray tuesday from them, still waiting for my fluorescent bulb to come in from megaray.And yes i to think there yhe best.

RobK.

For about 2 weeks , every time i looked at their web site it gave no place to order a MVB , no ordered here box . then the order box appeared . There was a order box for everything else . so i guess when they are out of stock on the MVB the order box is removed . ??? When this was going on , I emailed them and asked what was up , they e-mailed me back and told me to call them , when i called i got a voice message telling me to go to the web site and around and around i went , and i just about gave up . But i really wanted one of their bulbs . Then one day when i looked again the order button was back and i ordered the first one . I could not get a hold of them for about two week . I tired and tried many times in that two weeks . :huh:

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I got my first mega ray bulb but they sent me 100 watt instead of 160 watt which was on my paypal,so i emailed them and told them never heard a thing.Then when i ordered my fluorescent bulb i sent them the money on a sunday june 12,i never heard nothing from them for a couple days so i called 252-241-4584 and got there answering machine and like 2 minutes later a lady called me back at 910 663 8074 and i told her what was going on,and about the first order screw up,and thats when she said she would send me a free 160 watt bulb,i also said they should put on there site if a light is on back order so people know.

RobK.

teguboy77 said:
I got my first mega ray bulb but they sent me 100 watt instead of 160 watt which was on my paypal,so i emailed them and told them never heard a thing.Then when i ordered my fluorescent bulb i sent them the money on a sunday june 12,i never heard nothing from them for a couple days so i called 252-241-4584 and got there answering machine and like 2 minutes later a lady called me back at 910 663 8074 and i told her what was going on,and about the first order screw up,and thats when she said she would send me a free 160 watt bulb,i also said they should put on there site if a light is on back order so people know.

Every time i tried to leave a voice message. i got a recording say voice mail box full . I guess they are swamped with orders . i will make sure i always have a extra one hand ,so i don't have to wait for one .

After looking at their review / test on the 10.00 zoo/med tubes . It looks like mine are really doing nothing for my rhino , they almost have to be setting inches below to get any UV from them . after in get the Mega ray , I will not replace them when they burn out .

teguboy77

5 Year Member
With the 10.0 your right,they say they put out uvb up to 20'',and they do but not that much,the lizard has to be like 8'' away,i tested it at 8'' away with my solar meter and it read 55 mw,i too will not use my 10.0 once my fluorescent bulb which is on back order.I got my new 160watt yesterday it will be my back up.Now rob k all you have to do is get a solar meter lol and you'll be good to go lol.

montana

I`ll stick with my power sun...

I would like to know how you get along with your Megarays ..

Customer service is everything [with the junk they are making these days ]

Megaray dropped the ball ...

Don`t need the problem ...

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Well stick with powersun if it works for you,but just cause mega ray had some problems stuff happens,i used powersun before and i had them blow and they sent me a new one,but i like the mega ray,i've tested with my solar meter it puts out good amount of uvb and they just sent me a free 160watt bulb because they sent me the wrong size so i'm happy with them and they work for me,they seem to be getting there crap together now.If i kept having problems then i'll use powersun then.

montana

Yup they sent you the wrong size ....

I am sure they are very helpful when they are trying to sell you something ...

What happened to all that junk they sold ??? Was it recalled ???

What was their response to all that junk they sold ?? [Lets just never answer the phone ] Very effective !! No body here !!! Lets never get back to the suckers ...

I am sure if Megaray has come up with a super light bulb all the other companies already have one picked apart and are copping at this moment..

Is more UV necessarily a good thing ??

Use what you want let us know how it works out for you !!

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Same to you use what you want and let us know.I did say what i use and i dont think more is better but less prolly isnt.How much uvb is powersun putting out,i guess you wont know until you buy a solar meter then let us know.

Also is more uvb better,50-250 uW/cm2 mimics the natural environment enough to keep your UV-dependent BASKING reptiles healthy.But at 18'' my megaray put out over 50 mw that i know cause i have a solar meter what about you?:-/

montana

The reason you have to have a solar meter is because they are all junk .

You can`t trust anyone's fifty dollar light bulb to work properly ...

That you should have to buy a 250 dollar device to check to see if someones product is working is stupid ..

I have a different system that works for me [as well as getting my tegu outside in the sun all I can ]

If I wanted a solar meter I would order one [or ten ] and have them here tomorrow...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980