• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Kimo's life and growth thread

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Great vid,Kimo's looking good he has a nice patern, your doing a great job.He sure is one curious little tegu. He already seems so use to you. Does he ever really try to run from you anymore?

Max713

Thanks! I'm sure trying to do best by him.

He's extremely curious! I love watching him explore, I can't believe how comfortable he is around me already! I've only ever seen him run once, the second day I had him when I came after him in his enclosure. He never runs, or even tries to get away from me anymore, I can just let him roam around my apartment as long as I watch him so he doesn't get anywhere he shouldn't be. He just lazely lumbers around checking everything out.
He was pretty pissed this morning when I dug him up so I could work on his enclosure though, got a good open mouth, hissing tail whip for that one haha. I let him bask for a bit and he mellowed out... He's got so much personality it's amazing!

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Max713 said:
Thanks! I'm sure trying to do best by him.

He's extremely curious! I love watching him explore, I can't believe how comfortable he is around me already! I've only ever seen him run once, the second day I had him when I came after him in his enclosure. He never runs, or even tries to get away from me anymore, I can just let him roam around my apartment as long as I watch him so he doesn't get anywhere he shouldn't be. He just lazely lumbers around checking everything out.
He was pretty pissed this morning when I dug him up so I could work on his enclosure though, got a good open mouth, hissing tail whip for that one haha. I let him bask for a bit and he mellowed out... He's got so much personality it's amazing!

Cool sounds like you got one little amazing Gu on your hands :-D ,i'm looking forward to watching him grow.

Max713

Hangin out today:
DSC_0021-2.jpg

Couldn't take one just right when he had his tongue all the way out
DSC_0003-17.jpg

And a video of him hangin out with his dad :)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7-MqrNefuE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7-MqrNefuE</a><!-- m -->

Max713

Thanks.

A funny Kimo hard at work on his "mound"
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckfZj9Faa0A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckfZj9Faa0A</a><!-- m -->

And his burrow, kind of hard to see, it starts in the back corner of his enclosure
DSC_0003-18.jpg

There's a second entrance in his log, the main part of the burrow is in between the log and the plywood
DSC_0004-10.jpg

Max713

Such a funny lizard... apparently he wants a mound there!
It's about 7-8" high, and he's currently sleeping in it. He pushed around all the mulch on top of the plywood to make the mound.
content___media_external_images_media_48.jpg

Max713

Not much growth in the last month, Kimo's at only about 15.25".
DSC_0010-5.jpg

DSC_0006-7.jpg

And Kimo showing little to no interest in his first pinky... haha
DSC_0013-3.jpg

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Kimo looks bigger to me,seems like he is getting thicker. Great pics glad to see he is doing great. Did he ever eat that Fuzzy?

Max713

Strange_Evil said:
Kimo looks bigger to me,seems like he is getting thicker. Great pics glad to see he is doing great. Did he ever eat that Fuzzy?

Thanks!
That's what I thought as well, seems to have gained a little girth, although he only gained 3/8" in length.
He didn't take the fuzzy, but gladly took the turkey I gave him... He's still a picky little eater, but I'm sure that will change as he matures.

Max713

Another month has gone as well as another inch, he's now 16 1/4" snout to tip.
DSC_0009-3.jpg

DSC_0022-4.jpg

DSC_0031-1.jpg

Don't you hate it when you mess up those good shots!
DSC_0036-2.jpg

Max713

Yes, as you can see in the first post, he was born Aug 18th, 2010. He's been in a very long "slow down", probably close to 5-6 months of low activity. He's small for his age, but understandable with how long he's been relatively inactive. Expecting a huge spurt this summer.

Thanks.

Max713

Little update on Kimo's enclosure, upgraded his basking spot to a large plate rock. Arranged it so he has a nice little crack to hide in under the rock as well.
DSC_0228.jpg

DSC_0229.jpg

DSC_0230.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980