• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Just got the email from Varnyard!

hanniebann

5 Year Member
When does he contact you about the shipment of the baby 'gu? I hope he doesn't just call you the day of and say, "hey, hope you're around today!?" lol. I need to know when I should be home from work to receive the little guy :)

Skeetzy

From what I've read, a day or two before he's going to ship he calls you. That's why everyone worried about change of address really needs to relax. While his communication is below standard, he tells you EVERYTHING you need to know really. If you got an email for the same batch as me, I'd expect a call either around August 6th or the week after.

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
anyone get in touch with bobby about when the black and whites are shipping? I think they are good to go this week but not quite sure. i left bobby a message but havent heard anything

the_cw

I emailed him Saturday night and haven't heard anything. I suspect he's busy. Hopefully this week is the final week of waiting. :/

anelk002

5 Year Member
I got ahold of bobby today. I am also waiting for my b&w that hatched on the 10th. He said that the usps will not let him ship when its over 90 degrees. He said though that he does call when he's about to ship. He says he still has extremes that r over a month old that haven't been able to ship yet. I.know its hard but just gotta be patient he's dealing with hundreds of baby tegus that he has to ship so he has to be extremely busy.

larissalurid

anelk002 said:
I got ahold of bobby today. I am also waiting for my b&w that hatched on the 10th. He said that the usps will not let him ship when its over 90 degrees. He said though that he does call when he's about to ship. He says he still has extremes that r over a month old that haven't been able to ship yet. I.know its hard but just gotta be patient he's dealing with hundreds of baby tegus that he has to ship so he has to be extremely busy.

Yupp :[ I was supposed to get my extreme last week but when he was shipping to arizona, texas, nevada, etc where it was too hot they all had to get taken back and he wasnt able to ship mine (even though i live in CT) due to what happened so it had to be delayed a week. Hopefully mine should now be getting here tomorrow.

agv0008

I debated just flying to FL, picking mine up, and driving home. :s

It's going to be over 90 in Tucson for the next couple months. Realistically, I hope to have my mom take delivery of it in CO at some point soon. It is over 90 there now, but it should cool off in a couple weeks.

The point of this post: If you live in the desert, consider shipping to an alternate location and going for a drive. :D

Arxilca

5 Year Member
agv0008 said:
I debated just flying to FL, picking mine up, and driving home. :s

It's going to be over 90 in Tucson for the next couple months. Realistically, I hope to have my mom take delivery of it in CO at some point soon. It is over 90 there now, but it should cool off in a couple weeks.

The point of this post: If you live in the desert, consider shipping to an alternate location and going for a drive. :D

I know the feeling! Californian here, and I was so excited for the wait to finally be over and then BAM! Heatwave. But a delay is far better than an ill or dead tegu on my front porch. I get enough dead critters on my porch already thanks to my cats...

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
I thought fo sure that this was the week he was shipping but i guess not? ugh this anxiety is killing me lol

agv0008

Well it makes me feel better knowing that I am not the only one. I had imagined my little tegu all alone...all his brothers and sisters shipped away, sitting there so lonely, waiting for the next plate of ground turkey to show up.

BamaTegu

I talked to Bobby this morning and sent in the rest of my payment. He said he's having a hard time shipping do to the temps. Looks like the temps in his area will be in the high 80s this weekend and early next week, hopefully he can get more sent out.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
In regard to the Varnyard Tegu shipments... I guess I am not the only one waiting. I was getting really anxious about it, because I was under the impression that the baby would be shipped 3 weeks after hatching. Then he would call me before shipping it out. I believe my deposit was in March and my final balance paid in June[?] I'd have to check my records. But nevertheless...I have spoken with Bobby multiple times, and he said the ones that a deposit was made on around Christmas would be shipping out by 'next week'...I believe this was back in August that I spoke with him. The middle of August if my memory serves. [Sorry about the 'I thinks and I believes'....haha]
Anyway...Based on that info I am thinking shipments are either falling way behind or maybe, as someone else suggested, some are hatching in different clutches? Like when he sent out that initial email saying they are hatching [in June I think?] Mine was maybe not included in that clutch? I'm just wondering if snow will be on the ground before I get my baby...And will he still be a baby? It's kind of confusing. Thanks for any input. As of today, I'm still waiting...But hoping I'll have a baby soon... :)

Diablo

5 Year Member
BatGirl1 said:
In regard to the Varnyard Tegu shipments... I guess I am not the only one waiting. I was getting really anxious about it, because I was under the impression that the baby would be shipped 3 weeks after hatching. Then he would call me before shipping it out. I believe my deposit was in March and my final balance paid in June[?] I'd have to check my records. But nevertheless...I have spoken with Bobby multiple times, and he said the ones that a deposit was made on around Christmas would be shipping out by 'next week'...I believe this was back in August that I spoke with him. The middle of August if my memory serves. [Sorry about the 'I thinks and I believes'....haha]
Anyway...Based on that info I am thinking shipments are either falling way behind or maybe, as someone else suggested, some are hatching in different clutches? Like when he sent out that initial email saying they are hatching [in June I think?] Mine was maybe not included in that clutch? I'm just wondering if snow will be on the ground before I get my baby...And will he still be a baby? It's kind of confusing. Thanks for any input. As of today, I'm still waiting...But hoping I'll have a baby soon... :)

You should probably read this,

http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=12008&page=12#axzz25oVXM5jt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980