• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Just got the email from Varnyard!

Diablo

5 Year Member
Jeremyxb12 said:
No he didnt mention anything but the B+W. Why what are you expecting?

I'm expecting a B+W, but he hasn't notified me of it hatching yet. Just a little worried/anxious

klrnoel

hanniebann said:
His request for payment is the notification you guys are talking about right?

I cant speek for anyone but myself but ya.
Was starting to worry if he was legit but sounds like he is, just wish he had better comunication. I actually moved two weeks ago and was worried that if he did request the balance and used the old address that i wouldn't recieve him. I sent a couple emails asking him to please confirm that he recieved the change and nothing.

BamaTegu

Diablo said:
Jeremyxb12 said:
No he didnt mention anything but the B+W. Why what are you expecting?

I'm expecting a B+W, but he hasn't notified me of it hatching yet. Just a little worried/anxious

I guess ours are in the same clutch. I am anxiously awaiting the email..

hanniebann

5 Year Member
So then, he doesn't ship them all at the same time then? Because I got my notification on the 1st or 2nd of July?

***And he ships to your paypal address too right? (Sorry, I've got so many questions!)

Skeetzy

He does it in the batches that they hatch I'd assume. I placed my deposit 4 months ago to the day. March 19th. If that helps anyone. I'm sure this isn't the last batch by any means.

He asked me for a shipping address in our original emails, but mine changed so I added it to Paypal, and I actually emailed him last night notifying him of the new address. That's why I was so shocked to see they hatched today.

If you have any issues regarding shipping, I'd wait till he emails/calls you about yours to let him know.

Diablo

5 Year Member
March 19th? I put mine down on may 23rd I think....looks like itll be August before my little guy hatches

Sent from my DROID RAZR

mlydon6

Im nervous i put in the deposit about a month and a half ago and he still hasnt told me when it will come. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHEN IT WILL COME.....if bobby is reading this could you please answer :huh::huh:

klrnoel

mlydon6 said:
Im nervous i put in the deposit about a month and a half ago and he still hasnt told me when it will come. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHEN IT WILL COME.....if bobby is reading this could you please answer :huh::huh:

I feel your pain, i have sent several emails and called with no luck.
I also moved and sent email asking for a simple confermation that he received the change and nothing, however seing that most people are having the same issues i now dont feel as worried as before.
His tegus seem to be from what ive heard some of the best, its his customer service that needs a little work.
Trying to be patient,
Noel..

HeatherN

idk how many times i will write this down somewhere but ill do it again; bobby reserves on a first come first serve basis. if you reserved a red earlier, you'll be getting one from an earlier clutch. he will email you when they hatch requesting the second half of the payment. he will ship them 3 weeks from hatch day, in the beginning of the week. you will get a call when he is ready to ship to make sure you're around when it will arrive. as you can see, he's a busy guy so i don't think he much answers people calling him panicking because they didn't read how he told them he was going to notify them about the tegu.
if you're not sure about where you are on the hatch list, just wait, it'll happen. if you already sent the second half of the payment, then around 3 weeks from the hatch day, in the beginning of the week, you'll get a call about shipping.

i know its hard to wait, i had to wait what felt like an eternity, just don't panic, and remember to read directions before you ask the teacher what to do. :rolleyes:

agv0008

Yeah I called/emailed once to check status, but I gave up. I paid in full on the 7th and I know they hatched before that, so it will come either the beginning of next week or the week after that. If it doesn't, then I will start bugging him. I am sure when he sees emails from people that he has already taken payment from, he ignores them. He told me clearly on the phone "three weeks". So, I am going with that. Waiting just sucks...

Just take whatever day you paid Bobby, add three whole weeks to it, and do nothing but prep your habitat until then.

klrnoel

HeatherN said:
idk how many times i will write this down somewhere but ill do it again; bobby reserves on a first come first serve basis. if you reserved a red earlier, you'll be getting one from an earlier clutch. he will email you when they hatch requesting the second half of the payment. he will ship them 3 weeks from hatch day, in the beginning of the week. you will get a call when he is ready to ship to make sure you're around when it will arrive. as you can see, he's a busy guy so i don't think he much answers people calling him panicking because they didn't read how he told them he was going to notify them about the tegu.
if you're not sure about where you are on the hatch list, just wait, it'll happen. if you already sent the second half of the payment, then around 3 weeks from the hatch day, in the beginning of the week, you'll get a call about shipping.

i know its hard to wait, i had to wait what felt like an eternity, just don't panic, and remember to read directions before you ask the teacher what to do. :rolleyes:

This "teacher" we'll call "Bobby", told me they will be hatching in June and shipping in July, nothing more. So I decided to order from him.
I do have a time constraint. I am in the Military and am going to be out of the country for a couple months starting at the end of Aug. Although I do have family who are looking forward to taking care of him, I didn't want to inconvenience them by asking them to take time off work for delivery. I also had wished to be here to make sure he was adequately adjusted and settled, prior to my departure.
I do understand these are animals and don't always cooperate when it comes to being born, however the "teacher" did not give full instructions when I first had communications with him. Once he received first payment, all communications from him stopped. I was trying to contact him, because I have moved, and needed to make sure he had correct shipping address and contact information. At this current time, I still have not received any type of acknowledgement or time frame what-so-ever.
Since you seem to have good communication with him, maybe you should become his PR person. He then might not receive such negative comments in the future.
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying he is a bad person, but he surely needs to work on his communication to his customers. From the mouth of Hank Hill (King of the Hill) "Damn it, Bobby!" lol.. believe me i really am trying to be patient, I know he is busy.:s

klrnoel

Thanks Heather for calling him. lol. Yes im kidding, funny thing just happend care to guess? Yep just got the email from Bobby.
Timing is everything!
:blush:

klrnoel

agv0008 said:
Oooo... I hope I get an email here shortly. I am expecting one next week. Bobby is still up at this hour?

I was very surprised to receive an email that late, guess you never know!

Diablo

5 Year Member
klrnoel said:
agv0008 said:
Oooo... I hope I get an email here shortly. I am expecting one next week. Bobby is still up at this hour?

I was very surprised to receive an email that late, guess you never know!

Yeah he sent mine at like 12:30 last night, so I guess he was up late sending emails out to everyone

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam