• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Finalllyyyyyy!

spark678

I think the south florida area got the worst of it. Here in Tampa its been like any other rainy day and the sun came out a few times already today. And no school today. Too bad I dont start until next week.

Skeetzy

He isnt gonna ship today. Just another excuse for the little rain. My buddy who's in the same town as bobby said it was nice out at 1230. Haven't talked to him since but if he was gonna ship it would've been this morning. my patience and.defending.bobby have run dry. Pretty annoyed now.

Diablo

5 Year Member
I understand he was busy before because he had all those other tegus to ship out. But all the extremes are shipped and I'm pretty sure a majority of the others have been shipped. So what exactly is the big wait on this. I can see how monday would be the preferred day to ship but with one day shipping that definitely should not be the ONLY day to ship.

Skeetzy

Agreed man. It's just excuses at this point. I defended him taking his time for awhile, but now it's just bull. Here's what my friend just said, who's in the same town as Bobby.

"And it doesn't look like a hurricane is only hours away outside. No rain, scattered clouds. I see blue skies"

I want to call and hear Bobbys excuse but I just don't have the patience. I'd end up getting more frustrated. I placed my deposit down back in March. He told me on the 6th of this month I'd have mine the 14th. It's the 28th and if it wasn't for me calling him last week I'd have no idea what was going on. Rain is a shifty excuse for not shipping. The downpours last week were understandable, but my friend said the skies were clear by early afternoon on Monday. He just seems extremely lazy now, since I see no true reason not to ship besides.needing to make a little extra effort.

hanniebann

5 Year Member
That's too bad, this isn't very professional of him either. The only reason I know what's going on is because of you guys. I haven't had any contact with him since I paid my second half on June 16.

I just sent Bobby an email asking about what's going on. I'm hoping I hear back from him today with good news. I'll keep you posted.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I ship Fed EX, Priority Overnight delivered by 10:30 and have no issues. A facility hold can always be ordered so that the animal doesn't go out on the truck. Animals are being shipped out all over the country right now. I really didn't want to get involved in this whole issue, so I'm leaving again now. :)

Logie_Bear

Bobby wont ship Fedex, only USPS. I ran into that issue when I was getting my baby because I was wanting him to ship to the fedex facility right down the road from my house but he said he wouldn't use them. So, mayhaps that's why only mondays are ship out dates for him?

Diablo

5 Year Member
I don't know but the longer I wait the more I tend to forget I am even getting a tegu! My cage has been sitting here, and I have put off even bothering changing the bulb to one with a lower wattage, or looking into ordering food until I even know I'm still getting it for sure. I'm really having doubts, but we'll see I guess.

Skeetzy

I already ordered $50 of food, had it for a good two weeks now. Just sitting slowly going bad for no reason. Pretty upset I won't be receiving a green headed baby. That's what I was most looking forward to.

the_cw

I'm not one who tries and defends people often, but we do have to keep in mind that he is shipping the animals in the order he received the deposits(whether or not that is a good idea, well, that's a different discussion entirely). So, there are parts of the country which are *always* hot like Arizona. If someone on the deposit list is there, for instance, he will *not* ship anyone else's until he receives that one(this is my understanding of when he spoke with me). Fact is, we could be waiting a while. I put money down in January, so the fact I don't have mine yet ought to be considered.

anelk002

5 Year Member
I put my deposit down for a b&w back in january paid full on July 10 and was told 3 weeks its coming up to almost 2 months he said heat first week, then heat again then he said he has over 800 hoping to get to mine soon and its been two weeks since then. I have an empty cage just sitting in my room with nothing in it.

the_cw

I've been told the same. Fact is, at this point, you either ask for your money back or wait. I know I'm getting a Tegu, but I suspect it will be at the end of September.

Diablo

5 Year Member
the_cw said:
I'm not one who tries and defends people often, but we do have to keep in mind that he is shipping the animals in the order he received the deposits(whether or not that is a good idea, well, that's a different discussion entirely). So, there are parts of the country which are *always* hot like Arizona. If someone on the deposit list is there, for instance, he will *not* ship anyone else's until he receives that one(this is my understanding of when he spoke with me). Fact is, we could be waiting a while. I put money down in January, so the fact I don't have mine yet ought to be considered.

January...? I put mine down in May. Looks like I got a lot more time to wait. Sweet

agv0008

Just a word of warning:

I tried contacting Bobby many times (by phone and email) and after 2 weeks I opened a PayPal dispute. He called me 5 minutes later.

I told him I wanted my money back. His terms of service on his website do not state that he will hold animals like this.

He told me to close the dispute and he would send me a check.

He never sent it. I waited over two weeks.

Once you close a PayPal dispute, you can't reopen it without getting your bank involved.

IF YOU CHOOSE TO TAKE THIS COURSE OF ACTION, DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE YOUR MONEY IN HAND. THIS WAS A HUGE PAIN FOR ME AS I HAD TO WAIT FOR THE BANK TO BEGIN THE INVESTIGATION IN ORDER TO GET MY REFUND. BOBBY TOLD ME HE WOULD REFUND ME AND HE LIED.

On the bright side, I called TeguTerra and had a Chacoan hatchling at my door 6 days later. Johnny packed it with cold packs and he arrived fine, despite the high temps in my area. Overnight shipping with arrival guarantee before 10:30 is awesome.

All of the above events are factual and are presented merely as a data point intended to show what happened to me when dealing with Varnyard. YMMV.

the_cw

Let us know how that goes. I'm giving him another week before I do something like that as well. There's been plenty of time and no word from him to me other than those I initiated on my own. I'm a patient guy, but I'm starting to lose it.

hanniebann

5 Year Member
I don't think I can open a dispute at this point could I? My first payment was a year and a half ago, does PayPal cover me over that long of a period?

spark678

I dont get how people can still give him business from what ive read. We need to make a thread on Bobby and sticky it with customer reviews!

agv0008

hanniebann said:
I don't think I can open a dispute at this point could I? My first payment was a year and a half ago, does PayPal cover me over that long of a period?

From the PayPal website:
"Transactions older than 45 days cannot be disputed but should still be reported. PayPal tracks seller performance trends in the event we need to take action to protect other buyers."

I don't think that you can open a dispute with PayPal at this point. My transaction was not 45 days old at the time of my dispute. If you have your PayPal account linked to your debit card, you may be able to contact the bank and have them open an investigation with PayPal.

the_cw said:
Let us know how that goes. I'm giving him another week before I do something like that as well. There's been plenty of time and no word from him to me other than those I initiated on my own. I'm a patient guy, but I'm starting to lose it.

It is pretty much over and done with at this point. Wells Fargo has excellent buyer protection, so they just credited my account and it is now out of my hands...

This all went down a couple weeks ago. I wanted to wait to post about it, until I cooled off, so that I didn't get banned for swearing.

spark678 said:
I dont get how people can still give him business from what ive read. We need to make a thread on Bobby and sticky it with customer reviews!

There are plenty of reviews that would be good, I'm sure. I am not sure what I would have done had I read all of the accounts (both positive and negative) regarding tegu purchasing through Varnyard, but it would have been helpful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me