• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Finalllyyyyyy!

Diablo

5 Year Member
Bobby just emailed me letting me know the babies were hatching!!! I just sent him the rest of my payment, and will be waiting the longest 3 weeks of my life:). For everyone else, I think this means you should be getting requests too for the rest of your payment.

Diablo

5 Year Member
Thelegendofcharlie said:
Now you get to excercise your patience muscles. :p

They're worn out from waiting for this email....I saw everyone else getting the email that theirs hatched and I had to wait extra long until mine did. But it's only three more weeks...guess I'll be getting the enclosure absolutely PERFECT until then haha.

larissalurid

I'm excited too! I just got a call last night saying that my Extreme is shipping out TONIGHT! I get my baby tomorrow that I've been waiting for almost a year! :D

Which did you get a reg b&w? I heard those were hatching around the 20th of this month. :]

Thelegendofcharlie said:
Sill waiting...

It is a long wait, I've been waiting many months for mine, but don't worry! Not all have hatched yet, never mind are 3 weeks old ready to be shipped. It will be soon though! :] Then it'll be worth the wait

BamaTegu

He told me last week FedEx wouldn't ship live animals if the temperatures were over 90 degrees. Looks like temps in Panama City are going to be in the high 80s the next few days hopefully he can get some out..

aambumann

Why put your self through all this. There are other acceptable options. From the time I ordered my Red Tegu to the date of delivery was 3 days. I ordered on a Saturday and the Tegu arrived the following Tuesday. I believe I received a very nice, healthy Tegu. I am completely satisfied with all aspects of the transaction, communication with seller, price, and the Tegu itself. Thanks, just a thought.

Skeetzy

Why come in here and start that drama all over again? Theres countless threads on that USELESS conversation. Obviously people went to Varnyard for their own personal reason. Varnyard's tegu's are considered the cream of the crop. Yes, all the other tegu's look just as nice, will be just as healthy, blah blah blah, but me personally, I wanted a Varnyard. I honestly don't have any issue with the waiting process.

Why get your wife pregnant and wait 9 months for the baby? Why not go adopt one? You'll have it in 3 days. -___-

aambumann

Skeetzy said:
Why come in here and start that drama all over again? Theres countless threads on that USELESS conversation. Obviously people went to Varnyard for their own personal reason. Varnyard's tegu's are considered the cream of the crop. Yes, all the other tegu's look just as nice, will be just as healthy, blah blah blah, but me personally, I wanted a Varnyard. I honestly don't have any issue with the waiting process.

Why get your wife pregnant and wait 9 months for the baby? Why not go adopt one? You'll have it in 3 days. -___-
Chill Skeetzy. It was an honest question, and no I have not had the time to read all the countless threads. Don't you think it would have been better just to state why you chose to wait, and let others speak for themselves, instead of grabbing an attitude? Some of us might find the various reasons interesting and help us decide if we would like to acquire a Varnyard. I do not believe the wife statement was needed, you have no idea if someone is married or not. Why not adopt? Obviously adoption is not your strong suit, it takes more than 3 days. Congratulations to all who were contacted, enjoy your Tegu.

Skeetzy

larissalurid said:
I just got my extreme giant on tuesday! YAY! Worth the almost year long wait, so worth it.

If my B&W comes in on this Tuesday, it will be 5 months and a day wait for me. I'm actually glad it's taken this long. I thought I read everything about them in the month or two before deciding specifically for a tegu, boy was I wrong. I've learned more these past 5 months than I did before them. The waits has prepared me so much more.

aambumann said:
Skeetzy said:

Chill Skeetzy. It was an honest question, and no I have not had the time to read all the countless threads. Don't you think it would have been better just to state why you chose to wait, and let others speak for themselves, instead of grabbing an attitude? Some of us might find the various reasons interesting and help us decide if we would like to acquire a Varnyard. I do not believe the wife statement was needed, you have no idea if someone is married or not. Why not adopt? Obviously adoption is not your strong suit, it takes more than 3 days. Congratulations to all who were contacted, enjoy your Tegu.

It's an analogy/generalization, not intended specifically towards you, but intended to show the problem with your original question. I know it takes longer than 3 days to adopt, but I was comparing pregnancy to Varnyard, and adopting to buying off a website. Was not intended to be taken so literally lol.

But this "argument" gets brought up in every thread recently. Just go to the Varnyard 2012 red tegu thread if you want to read about that discussion. You'll get both sides of the story, those who are pissed off about the wait, and those who are okay with it. It's a very bad subject to bring up at all. I assumed you had already read these threads, and were just trying to poke at those of us anxiously waiting for them, and rub it in you got it faster.

But now that I know you really are just curious, I'll elaborate more. I've been researching larger lizards(specifically a couple monitors), and came across tegu's. I already knew general care of these large lizards, the enclosures, etc. But after seeing how intelligent and "tame" they get, I decided a tegu was the lizard to get. I originally went to buy one off Big Apple Herps, since their "Captive Bred Babies" read in stock. I use the quotes because there's really no way of knowing if they really are or not. I had a $450 order ready to submit, but decided to give them a call first. They were in fact not in stock, with a "approx. 2 month wait", so I immediately was turned off to the site, and began looking up other places to buy tegu's. I came across Varnyard, and was sold instantly. The countless videos on Youtube of them, hundreds of happy customers, and a place that specifically deals with just tegu's, I was 100% sure I wanted a Varnyard. And this was after digging deep and seeing all of his problems last year with them, and knowing about the wait. My biggest thing was a true captive bred baby. Not saying a wild caught can't became just as, and possibly more tame, intelligent, good looking, etc, but I just really like the fact it's bred by somebody and not taken from the wild. In my eyes, Varnyard is the Lexus to Toyota, Infiniti to Nissan, Cadillac to Chevy, and so on. In reality, they're all the same, but there's just something about saying it's a Varnyard.

I'm sorry I came across harsh, like I said, thought you were just looking to start trouble.

aambumann

No hard feelings Skeetzy, I new it was an anology, I have a Step-Daughter from marriage and a adopted Son from birth ( same mother ) because his donor father decided to walk away from him the day he was born at the hospital. Yep, he was already married and had 3 children, who he brought to the hospital. Left without signing the birth certificate. He states, "better to lose 1 child than it is to lose 3. Oh yeah I guess to have those, I must admit I have an EX-WIFE. Great caliber of people huh? I could not adopt him until after we were married. Should have seen the warning signs. Should have gotten a Tegu instead of a wife. I am happy about one thing out of that ill relationship, I have a Son and Daughter who are now 7 and 10. I will admit, I am new to this site, but I am here to learn and help in any way I can. Thanks all.

Diablo

5 Year Member
All that aside who else is still waiting? I'm thinking of calling bobby up tomorrow or sunday but I've been really busy with my grandfather passing the other day I've been helping my mom out and trying to get everything together. I'm putting the final touches on the enclosure now but I still have had no call from bobby or anything since I paid the rest of the deposit. Anyone know if he has argentines going out this monday coming up still?

Skeetzy

I talked to him on the 6th for my B&W. He said he would be shipping this past week. No call at all this week, so I'll be contacting him Sunday/Monday for a reminder. He said he was very behind on shipping from the heat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602