• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

CONGRESSIONAL HEARING TO BAN REPTILES! *HR669 DEFEATED!!*

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Re: CONGRESSIONAL HEARING TO BAN REPTILES! Not joke!

People were handing out fliers about this at the reptile show a few weekends back. I think theres a petition somewhere, but I forgot what it said on the handout.

Beasty

5 Year Member

Holy Crap!
Click the link and sign them ALL!!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.com/search?q=hr669+petition&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-22,GGGL:en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.google.com/search?q=hr669+pe ... 22,GGGL:en</a><!-- m -->

ashesc212

5 Year Member

Beasty said:
Holy Crap!
Click the link and sign them ALL!!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.com/search?q=hr669+petition&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-22,GGGL:en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.google.com/search?q=hr669+pe ... 22,GGGL:en</a><!-- m -->

Except for the first one, which says to support it!

I'll sign all the petitions...we need to stop this from getting any further!

ashesc212

5 Year Member

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://iherp.com/Public/Blog/Detail.aspx?uid=12880" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://iherp.com/Public/Blog/Detail.aspx?uid=12880</a><!-- m -->

Also - someone makes a good point on this. Even if you don't have time, write TWO sentences to your local congressman just to get your voice heard that you don't support this. They need to see numbers. To them numbers = votes.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

HSUS has been busy... :roll:

Florida Breeder Prohibition Bill Gets Hearing Monday! Take Action!
Please help oppose SB 2002

April 2, 2009

SB 2002 has been scheduled for a hearing on Monday= April 6th in the Senate Committee on Community Affairs! It is urgent that=you send a message to the committee today cautioning them to reject any bi=l that would punish responsible pet owners and breeders. Please also make =very effort to attend the hearing, which will run from 9:00-11:00 am in Ro=m 412 of the Knott Building, and help ensure that our voices are heard!&nb=p;

Click here to view the committee agenda.

SB 2002, introduced in late Februrary, contains heavy-handed new regulations that threaten to seriously undermine the ability to res=onsibly breed dogs in the state of Florida. Not surprisingly, it closely resembles HSUS supported anti-breeder legislation that has shown up in sever=l other states so far this year. SB 2002 is sponsored by Senator Constanti=e, <=PAN style="FONT-SIZE: 15px">and has a companion bill in the House, HB 12=9.

SB 2002 would affect anyone owning, possessing or having custody of ten =10) or more dogs! NAIA supports laws t hat improve animal welfare, but SB 2002 appears to be more about micromanaging the practice of breeding than actually shutting down substandard kennels.

The bill includes the following provisions:

Prohibitions: Prohibits anyone from owning, possessing controlling or otherwise having custody of more than 50 intact dogs 4 months of age or older at any one time.
Engineering Requirements for Facilities: Imposes case and facility engineering requirements and breeding restrictions for anyone who owns, possesses, controls or otherwise has charge of more than 10 do=s over 4 months of age or older. NOTE:=this definition applies to any<=SPAN> dog, not just intact dogs.
Veterinarians Required: Stipulates that ear cropping, tail docking, debarking and surgical births are prohibited except under anesthesia and performed by a licensed veterinarian.
Examinations Required for Breeding: Breeding dogs m=st be between the ages of 18 months and 8 years of age and examined once a year. Females must be examined before each attempt to breed and may not be bred if a veterinarian deems her unfit for breeding purposes.
Violation is Misdemeanor: Stipulates that a violati=n constitutes a 1st degree misdemeanor and is subject to imprisonment for =p to one year.
Warrantless searches! Enables an animal control off=cer or authorized public health or safety official, upon complaint or on t=eir own initiative, to investigate a violation by inspecting the books and=records of the owner in question. They would be allowed to inspect the place where dogs are bred or maintained during daytime hours.
Exemptions: Exempts shelters, veterinarians, pet stores and research facilities and boarding facilities from number limits and new standards of care.
Click Here to read the full text of SB 2002=

NAIA opposes arbitrary number limits and overly prescriptive kennel standar=s, and we encourage all Florida pet owners and responsible breeders to spe=k out against this misguided bill.

Now is the time to convey to your State Senator that SB 2002 is unnecessa ry, irresponsible and unfair and must not be allowed to move forward.

While we strongly believe that steps should be taken to identify and elimin=te substandard kennels, this bill stretches beyond that goal and targets all breeders and owners of more than 10 adult dogs, commercial and hobby, good and bad, large and small. Worse yet, it profiles and punishes responsible breeders who provide the best source of healthy pets to the community. There are more effective solutions available to help eliminate substandard kennels, from greater enforcement of existing anti-cruelty and nuisance law= to educating consumers about how to seek out responsible and humane sources of healthy pets.

Click here to read our=NAIA Guide to Dog Friendly Consumer Laws, which makes consumer education the key to ensuring that responsible sources of pets are rewarded and negligent sources are punished.

Please use the talking points below to write an email to the Committee today, educating them about the negative ramifications of this bill before th ey unwittingly commit to supporting what is superficially dubbed an "anti-puppy mill bill".

Politely explain that, at a time of budget deficits, this bill is unnecessary. Offer your expertise as a Florida resident with hands-on animal experie=ce who they can rely on instead of an out of state organization for their information about dog issues. Let them know that responsible Florida breeders -- dedicated dog lovers with great subject matter expertise and experien=e raising, breeding, placing, rescuing and training dogs -- are ready to share our knowledge and offer NAIA's alternative solutions to more effectively and reasonably address concerns about animal welfare.

If you do not see the talking points below, please CLICK HERE T= TAKE ACTION on behalf of pets and pet owners!

If you received this email from a friend, be sure to sign up HERE to receive NAIA Trust alerts in the future ab=ut important animal legislation in your state -- and nationally.

JOIN OUR=17 YEAR MOVEMENT
DONATE TO NAIA TRUST OF FLORIDA TODAY!

OUR FLORIDA STATE REGISTRATI=N NUMBER IS CH26313.
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGIS=RATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONS=MER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL FREE (1-800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGIS=RATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STAT=.

ashesc212

5 Year Member

If you have facebook, join this:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=86144566696&ref=mf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/grou ... 696&ref=mf</a><!-- m -->

Beasty

5 Year Member

DONE! I invited ALL my friends to join and vote as well!
Come on folks! Do your part!

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member

It found its way to my local craigslist. Not I

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pet/1106359833.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pet/1106359833.html</a><!-- m -->

tupinambisfamiliaris

5 Year Member

I heard that one of the big python breeders threatened to release all of his stock in Florida if this bill is passed. There's an idea for you, Bobby.

Honestly, though. Where are these thousands of animals supposed to go if we're all made into outlaws? I guess they'd have to grandfather things in. I think importers need to be held accountable for some of the heinous things they do, but punishing everyone in the industry isn't the way to do it.

I don't think this will pass. They're trying to bite off too much at once. It bans everything outside of farm stock and dogs/cats. It would put too many folks, both in large corporate Petsmart sectors and on the mom&pop level. I honestly believe that in 50 years this hobby will be entirely different if it even exists. I tend to think it will be stopped by a thousand stabs with tiny blades and not big sweeping legislation like this. Keep an eye out. They'll make laws about transporting over state lines, regualting certain species, etc. In the end we will have nothing to work with.

I'd like to see change in this hobby. The change I envision is more of a switch to a focus on private breeders and less and less on importers. In a perfect world we'd need no imports. Unfortunately, some people look at keepers as a relatively small and politically weak demographic. Until we organize and speak up to officials, we're sitting ducks, and the private breeder with the best of intentions is no different whatsoever from the scumbag importer who's just trying to make a buck.

Beazer

5 Year Member

In a way I agree with tupinambis but also have a slightly different view. Importers do ship the animals in crappy condition with very little regard to the animals life. Its sad cause a lot of legit reptile smugglers, yes I said smugglers, actually take 20x better care to ensure the group they have makes it back safe and healthy. Imports are important for the gene pool. Though, there is soooo many animals being imported that the numbers are devistating to the wild populations and its sad how many die in the process (I am talking about wildcaught animals). Also, imports for captive conservation of a species/subspecies whos home is threatened by deforestation/farming/etc. This is where the hobbyist smugglers come in handy. As far as zoo captive breeding even, if it werent for private breeders they wouldn't know wtf they were doing.

As for the large snake breeders its really dumb of them to threaten to release their snakes, because thats one of the reasons reptiles are on the bill and the public will just see more of a reason to ban them so idiots like that dont have them. Also, as a hobbyist they should have respect to indigenous herpetafauna. Even though yeah, it pretty much the snakes will die or if you are lucky you can find a home out of state for them. Its just what they said really ruins our side of the argument to keep them legal and if they did it would ruin the chance of later on legalizing them.

I do believe in having people register their large reptiles/venomous reptiles or requiring they apply for a permit. Because it will help filter from a 16 yo wih a burmese and just bought it cause he wants a big snake to kill things and has no idea what hes gotten into and a hobbyist who is truly passionate and will make sure that animal is cared for properly and responsibly. However with our government now adays, you give an inch.... they take 10ft.

Itd be cool too if countries would allow you to buy permits, though permits would be limitted, to allow you to collect and transport a small group of species you collect? Maybe that would help on the import/export part? Cause I know tons of hobbyists who would hop on that in a heart beat and I guess in a way may help that country out more economically than having local exporters?

One other note, seems like the government likesth $$$$ dollar signs so if you show them how the reptile and amphibian hobby, especially large herps, help stimulate the economy and how it would hurt the economy to ban them then it may help our argument. Just tell people not to be stupid and threaten to release their snakes into the wild.... thatd be like me fighting a gun ban telling everybody I was going to kill everybody if it passes lol. Its really weird how our government is banning everything that helps stimulate our economy? They are even trying to ban the farmers market. Its kinda scary where this country/world is going but hopefully power in the people will change it. Just by voting doesnt work anymore, you have to get up and SHOUT and be HEARD.

-Jon DeLong

ashesc212

5 Year Member

RehabRalphy said:
It found its way to my local craigslist. Not I

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pet/1106359833.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pet/1106359833.html</a><!-- m -->

It says it's been flagged for removal.

ashesc212

5 Year Member

tupinambisfamiliaris said:
Honestly, though. Where are these thousands of animals supposed to go if we're all made into outlaws? I guess they'd have to grandfather things in. I think importers need to be held accountable for some of the heinous things they do, but punishing everyone in the industry isn't the way to do it.

I was reading further into the actual bill text and it does grandfather us in.

Regarding importation, I agree Beazer, that imports are important for the gene pool. Too bad the law couldn't being reshaped into allowing only captive bred reptiles from other countries to be traded with breeders in the US. That would make sense.

ashesc212

5 Year Member

Take Action- STOP HR669 TODAY!!!

The Problem:

HR669 The Non-Native Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act is a federal Bill introduced to the US House of Representatives by Del Madeleine Bordallo. It was written by the Defenders of Wildlife (DOW) a radical environmentalist group. It is based on a report called 'Broken Screens' written by DOW and commissioned by the US Fish & Wildlife Service (USFWS). It recommends a very prejudicial Risk Assessment procedure that takes a guilty until proven innocent approach to adding most non-native animals to the Injurious Wildlife List of the Lacy Act. In addition it recommends appropriating unprecedented amounts of taxpayer dollars to expand the size, scope and law enforcement role of USFWS.

If passed HR669 would end the import, export, purchase, sale, trade and breeding of most non-native animals. It would destroy a 3 Billion dollar a year Reptile Industry overnight. This is not an industry that is made up of corporate titans... just the opposite. The Reptile Industry is made up of Small American Family Businesses and Hobbyists. The underlying intent of HR669 is cast in the radical ideology of the Environmental and Animal Rights movement. It seeks to end the ownership and trade of all non-native animals and destroy American Families using the power of the federal government and our tax dollars to do it. This is NOT science... It IS Powerful Special interests manipulating our political system to their own ends. This is UNACCEPTABLE to USARK and the Reptile Industry.

The Facts:

* The trade in Reptiles is a 2 billion dollar a year business (closer to 3 billion if you include all the ancillary businesses that support the animals).
* More than 11 million reptiles are being kept as pets in the US. More than 1 in every 25 households has 1 or more reptiles.
* There are close to 2 million Pythons and another 2 million Boas in captivity in the US right now. Many worth thousands of dollars each.
* There are more than 7 million geckos, turtles, lizards and other reptiles in captivity in the US right now.
* The US is the world leader comprising 82% of the reptile trade worldwide.
* HR669 is currently being considered by the Subcommittee on Insular Affairs, Oceans & Wildlife. There is a hearing scheduled for April 23rd.

What USARK Is Doing:

Hired high powered Washington DC Lobbyist.
Meeting with key political figures.
Meeting with USFWS.
Educating legislators and staff.
Raising Funds.
* Employing a comprehensive strategy to protect the right to own and trade in Reptiles & Amphibians.

What You Must Do Today: If you don't do this our rights are likely to be taken from you.

Join The Reptile Nation - There is Strength in Numbers... Protect Your Rights!
Contact the Subcommittee Today! See sample letter and contact info below. Be polite & professional!
Check the State represented by Committee Members. If it is your State call them and let them know you are their constituent and you OPPOSE HR669. Rep Henry Brown and Rep Robert Wittman are friendly to us so make sure you contact them!
When you finish send an email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> with NO on HR669 in the subject line so we can track responses.
Forward this Alert to everyone on your email list, forums and social networks.

Send Questions to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:p[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Sample Letter: cut & paste to fax or email

Subject: No on HR669

Dear Committee Member,

Please oppose HR669. It is a fundamentally flawed Bill written by a radical environmentalist group that seeks to end the ownership and trade of all non-native animals. There is not a shred of scientific evidence to justify the destruction of a Reptile Industry that leads the world in producing and exporting high quality captive bred reptiles. With the stroke of a pen thousands of small American family businesses would be bankrupted overnight. With no quantifiable benefits, what could be the justification to destroy a viable sector of the American economy in a time of hardship?

What will the additional drain on taxpayer dollars be to grow USFWS at unprecedented levels in order to destroy American small business? These are not the "To big to fail" corporate titans, but small family businesses with their entire net worth wrapped up in their Reptile breeding projects and ancillary supporting businesses. A 3 billion dollar a year industry would be wiped out by HR669. Thousands of American families would suffer losing everything.

* Trade in Reptiles and ancillary businesses is estimated to be a 3 billion dollar a year industry.
* More than 9 million Reptiles are exported from the US annually.
* More than 11 million Reptiles are kept as pets in the US. That means 1 in 25 households have 1 or more Reptiles.
* The US accounts for 82% of the worldwide trade in Reptiles.
* At least 500,000 Americans would be negatively impacted by HR669. Thousands of small family businesses would be destroyed.
* There are approximately 4 million boas & pythons, as well as more than 7 million geckos, lizards turtles & other Reptiles in captivity in the US today.
* The United States Association of Reptile Keepers Opposes HR669.

Please oppose HR669! The costs to American Families would be enormous. The benefits are both questionable and non quantifiable. NO ON HR669.

Sincerely,

***Contact all members- Make sure you contact the Chairman Madeleine Bordallo, Ranking Republican Henry Brown and Robert Wittman. Henry Brown and Robert Wittman are friendly to us and NEED to hear from us. Send an Email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> w/ NO on HR669 in the subject line so we can track how many have responded.

SOME OF THE MEMBERS MAY REQUIRE PHYSICAL LETTERS AS THEIR EMAIL IS FOR CONSTITUENTS ONLY!

House Committee on Natural Resources
Subcommittee on Insular Affairs, Oceans & Wildlife
187 Ford House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202/226-0200 (Tel.)
202/225-1542 (Fax)

Madeleine Z. Bordallo (Ch)(NP-Guam)
427 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515-5301
202/225-1188 (Washington Tel. #)
202/226-0341 (Washington Fax #)
120 Father Duenas Ave., Suite 107
Hagatna, GUAM 96910
671/477-4272 (District Tel. #)
671/477-2587 (District Fax #)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.house.gov/bordallo/IMA/issue.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.house.gov/bordallo/IMA/issue.htm</a><!-- m -->

Henry Brown (R-SC) Ranking Republican
103 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202/225-3176 (Washington Tel. #)
202/225-3407 (Washington Fax #)
1800 North Oak Street, Suite C
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
843/445-6459 (District Tel. #)
843/445-6418 (District Fax #)
5900 Core Avenue, Suite 401
North Charleston, SC 29406
843/747-4175 (District Tel. #)
843/747-4711 (District Fax #)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://brown.house.gov/Contact/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://brown.house.gov/Contact/index.html</a><!-- m -->

Lois Capps (D-CA)
1110 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202/225-3601 (Washington Tel. #)
202/225-5632 (Washington Fax #)
2675 N. Ventura Road, Suite 105
Port Hueneme, CA 93041
805/985-6807 (District Tel. #)
805/985-6875 (District Fax #)
301 E Carrillo Street, Suite A
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
805/730-1710 (District Tel. #)
805/730-9153 (District Fax #)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.house.gov/capps/contact/send_an_email.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.house.gov/capps/contact/send_an_email.shtml</a><!-- m -->

William Cassidy (R-LA)
506 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202/225-3901 (District Tel. #)
202/225-7313 (District Fax #)
5555 Hilton Avenue, Suite 100
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
225/929-7711 (District Tel. #)
225/929-7688 (District Fax #)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cassidy.house.gov/contact/index.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cassidy.house.gov/contact/index.shtml</a><!-- m -->

Jason Chaffetz (R-UT)
1032 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202/225-7751 (Washington Tel. #)
202/225-5629 (Washington Fax #)
51 South University Ave., Suite 319
Provo, UT 84601
801/851-2500 (District Tel. #)
801/851-2509 (District Fax #)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://forms.house.gov/chaffetz/contactform.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://forms.house.gov/chaffetz/contactform.shtml</a><!-- m -->

Donna M. Christensen (NP-Virgin Islands)
1510 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202/225-1790 (Washington Tel. #)
202/225-5517 (Washington Fax #)
Nisky Business Center
Second Floor, Suite 207
St. Croix, VIRGIN ISLANDS 00802
340/778-4408 (District Tel. #)
340/778-8033 (District Fax #)
P.O. Box 5980
Sunny Isle Shopping Center, Space 25
St. Croix, VIRGIN ISLANDS 00823
340/778-5900 (District Tel. #)
340/778-5111 (District Fax #)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.house.gov/writerep/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.house.gov/writerep/</a><!-- m -->

Diana L. DeGette (D-CO)
2335 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202/225-4431 (Washington Tel. #)
202/225-5657 (Washington Fax #)
600 Grant Street, Suite 202
Denver, CO 80203
303/844-4988 (District Tel. #)
303/844-4996 (District Fax #)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.house.gov/formdegette/zip_auth.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.house.gov/formdegette/zip_auth.htm</a><!-- m -->

Eni F.H. Faleomavaega (NP Ã?¢ââ??‰â?¬Å? American Samoa)
2422 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202/225-8577 (Washington Tel. #)
202/225-8757 (Washington Fax #)
P.O. Box, Drawer X
Pago Pago, AMERICAN SAMOA 96799
684/633-1372 (District Tel. #)
684/633-2680 (District Fax #)
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Jeff Flake (R-AZ)
240 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202/225-2635 (Washington Tel. #)
202/226-4386 (Washington Fax #)
1640 South Stapley, Suite 215
Mesa, AZ 85204
480/833-0092 (District Tel. #)
480/833-6314 (District Fax #)

John Fleming (R-LA)
1023 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202/225-2777 (Washington Tel. #)
202/225-8039 (Washington Fax #)
6425 Youree Drive, Suite 350
Shreveport, LA 71105
318/798-2254 (District Tel. #)
318/798-2063 (District Fax #)
Southgate Plaza Shopping Center
1606 Fifth Street
Leesville, LA 71446
337/238-0778 (District Tel. #)
337/238-0566 (District Fax #)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://forms.house.gov/fleming/contactform.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://forms.house.gov/fleming/contactform.shtml</a><!-- m -->

Doc Hastings (R-WA)
1203 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515-4704
202/225-5816 (Washington Tel. #)
202/225-3251 (Washington Fax #)
2715 St. Andrews Loop, Suite D
Pasco, WA 99301
509/543-9396 (District Tel. #)
509/545-1972 (District Fax #)
302 East Chestnut Street
Yakima, WA 98901
509/452-3243 (District Tel. #)
509/452-3438 (District Fax #)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://hastings.house.gov/ContactForm.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://hastings.house.gov/ContactForm.aspx</a><!-- m -->

Dale E. Kildee (D-MI)
2107 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202/225-3611 (Washington Tel. #)
202/225-6393 (Washington Fax #)
432 N. Saginaw Street, Suite 410
Bay City, MI 48708
989/891-0990 (District Tel. #)
989/891-0994 (District Fax #)
515 N. Washington Avenue, Suite 401
Saginaw, MI 48607
989/755-8904 (District Tel. #)
989/755-8908 (District Fax #)

Ronald James Kind (D-WI)
1406 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202/225-5506 (Washington Tel. #)
202/225-5739 (Washington Fax #)
205 Fifth Ave. South, Suite 400
La Crosse, WI 54601
608/782-2558 (District Tel. #)
608/782-4588 (District Fax #)
131 South Barstow Street, Suite 301
Eau Claire, WI 54701
715/831-9214 (District Tel. #)
715/831-9272 (District Fax #)

Frank M. Kratovil, Jr. (D-MD)
314 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202/225-5311 (Washington Tel. #)
202/225-0254 (Washington Fax #)
102 Turpins Lane
Centreville, MD 21617
443/262-9136 (District Tel. #)
443/262-9713 (District Fax #)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://forms.house.gov/kratovil/contactform.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://forms.house.gov/kratovil/contactform.shtml</a><!-- m -->

Douglas L. Lamborn (R-CO)
437 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202/225-4422 (Washington Tel. #)
202/226-2638 (Washington Fax #)
415 Main Street
Buena Vista, CO 81211
719/520-0055 (District Tel. #)
719/520-0840 (District Fax #)
1271 Kelly Johnson Blvd., Suite 110
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
719/520-0055 (District Tel. #)
719/520-0840 (District Fax #)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://lamborn.house.gov/ZipAuth.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://lamborn.house.gov/ZipAuth.aspx</a><!-- m -->

Frank J. Pallone, Jr. (D-NJ)
237 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515-3006
202/225-4671 (Washington Tel. #)
202/225-9665 (Washington Fax #)
67/69 Church Street, Kilmer Square
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
732/249-8892 (District Tel. #)
732/249-1335 (District Fax #)
504 Broadway
Long Branch, NJ 07740
732/571-1140 (District Tel. #)
732/870-3890 (District Fax #)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.house.gov/pallone/contact.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.house.gov/pallone/contact.shtml</a><!-- m -->

Pedro R. Pierluisi (NP-Puerto Rico)
1218 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202/225-2615 (Washington Tel. #)
202/225-2154 (Washington Fax #)
250 Calle Fortaleza Old
San Juan, PUERTO RICO 00901
787/723-6333 (District Tel. #)
787/723-6333 (District Fax #)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://forms.house.gov/pierluisi/contactform.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://forms.house.gov/pierluisi/contactform.shtml</a><!-- m -->

Nick Joe Rahall, II (D-WV)
2307 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202/225-3452 (Washington Tel. #)
202/225-9061 (Washington Fax #)
601 Federal Street, Room 1005
Bluefield, WV 24701
304/325-6222 (District Tel. #)
304/325-0552 (District Fax #)
301 Prince Street
Beckley, WV 25801
304/252-5000 (District Tel. #)
304/252-9803 (District Fax #)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rahall.house.gov/?sectionid=9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rahall.house.gov/?sectionid=9</a><!-- m -->Ã?â??Ã?§iontree=9

Gregorio Sablan (I- Mariana Islands)
423 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202/225-2646 (Washington Tel. #)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://forms.house.gov/sablan/contactform.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://forms.house.gov/sablan/contactform.shtml</a><!-- m -->

Carol Shea-Porter (D-NH)
1330 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202/225-5456 (Washington Tel. #)
202/225-5822 (Washington Fax #)
33 Lowell Street
Manchester, NH 03101
603/641-9536 (District Tel. #)
603/641-9561 (District Fax #)
104 Washington Street
Dover, NH 03820
603/743-4813 (District Tel. #)
603/743-5956 (District Fax #)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forms.house.gov/sheaporter/webform/issue_subscribe.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forms.house.gov/sheaporter/webfo ... scribe.htm</a><!-- m -->

Robert J. Wittman (R-VA)
1123 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202/225-4261 (Washington Tel. #)
3504 Plank Road, Suite 203
Fredericksburg, VA 22407
540/548-1086 (District Tel. #)
4904-B George Washington Memorial Hwy.
Yorktown, VA 23692
757/874-6687 (District Tel. #)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://forms.house.gov/wittman/IMA/webforms/issue_subscribe.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://forms.house.gov/wittman/IMA/web ... scribe.htm</a><!-- m -->

Donald E. Young (R-AK)
2111 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202/225-5765 (Washington Tel. #)
202/225-0425 (Washington Fax #)
101 12th Avenue, #10
Fairbanks, AK 99701-6275
907/456-0210 (District Tel. #)
907/456-0279 (District Fax #)
Peterson Tower Building
510 L Street, Suite 580
Anchorage, AK 99501-1954
907/271-5978 (District Tel. #)
907/271-5950 (District Fax #)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

Not true it is not just reptiles:

Any such live, wild species or sub species of mammal, bird, fish, reptile, amphibian, insect, mollusk, crustacean, arthropod, coelenterate, or other invertebrate, and (ii) any viable egg, sperm, gamete, or other reproductive material or offspring thereof;

The animals that HSUS deem ok for pets, and the only animals that you will be allowed to keep if the law passes:

And does not include any cat (Felis catus), cattle or oxen (Bos taurus), chicken (Gallus gallus domesticus), dog (Canis lupus familiaris), donkey or ass (Equus asinus), domesticated members of the family Anatidae (geese), duck(domesticated Anas spp.), goat (Capra aegagrus hircus), goldfish (Carassius auratus auratus), horse (Equus caballus), llama (Lama glama), mule or hinny (Equus caballus x E. asinus), pig or hog (Sus scrofa domestica), domesticated varieties of rabbit (Oryctolagus cuniculus), or sheep (Ovis aries).

So how about it? Anyone want a goldfish, rabbit or goat?

dturner05

5 Year Member

I don't know about to Bobby but I am jumping on the LLAMA TRAIN!!!

LouDog760

5 Year Member

First they raise taxes on my cigar now there trying to take away reptiles? What the f@#K is going on?

Beazer

5 Year Member

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?swf=http%3A//s.ytimg.com/yt/swf/cps-vfl87635.swf&video_id=eAaQNACwaLw&rel=1&eurl=&iurl=http%3A//i2.ytimg.com/vi/eAaQNACwaLw/hqdefault.jpg&sk=2EALYS9NvZbrmthYULwra4yC1SUg5w30C&fs=1%22%3E%3C/param%3E%3Cparam&feature=player_embedded&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&cr=US&avg_rating=4.48257998984&length_seconds=6820&allow_ratings=1&title=The%20Obama%20Deception%20HQ%20Full%20length%20version" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?swf=ht ... %20version</a><!-- m -->

Things like that are happening...

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member

Beazer said:
http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?swf=http%3A//s.ytimg.com/yt/swf/cps-vfl87635.swf&video_id=eAaQNACwaLw&rel=1&eurl=&iurl=http%3A//i2.ytimg.com/vi/eAaQNACwaLw/hqdefault.jpg&sk=2EALYS9NvZbrmthYULwra4yC1SUg5w30C&fs=1%22%3E%3C/param%3E%3Cparam&feature=player_embedded&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&cr=US&avg_rating=4.48257998984&length_seconds=6820&allow_ratings=1&title=The%20Obama%20Deception%20HQ%20Full%20length%20version

Things like that are happening...

That video is too long and to big. lol

Beazer

5 Year Member

thats what she said lol, jk. yeah i forgot to post, its a 2 hr vid and really discusses issues about our country (keep an open mind watching it).

-Jon DeLong

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980